• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

The SFWA ghosted Patrick

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Forum Clout
Reminder he only mentions having to sign an NDA after Josiah pulled his pants down at recess.
Unless he signed a general NDA when he took the SFWA loan and after blabbing they made him sign a special Tomlinson edition one to STFU and go away.

If they ghosted him because he couldn't keep sfwas name out of his mouf and left him to foot the bill...... :ROFLMAO:
1710086820975.png

kingship75

My huge-cocked pal stole my wife and PUPPIES!
Forum Clout
Is this a direct shot at that broad Curt Rambis who was president before Mary 3 names? Did Pat actually do the equivalent of hold his breath in refusing to pay dues until he got his way like scalzi did a while back? It's gay as a tactic in general but moreso for a nobody like pat
Edit: I fucked up a Kurt Rambis joke. Punchin out.

DominusOdium

GenCon Writers Symposium Special Guest
Forum Clout
The professional organization funding the lawsuit agreed to pay the settlement and an NDA agreement was signed, but later ghosted us entirely and we have not heard from them or their counsel in over a year.

I'm going to take this as true. That assumed, is this to read they paid the settlement and then put him on the pay no mind list, or that they said "Oh sure buddy, we hear what you're saying about the cyberstalkers and those fees. Hey, sign this NDA real quick and we'll get back to you about that." and then blocked his number once they were legally covered?

If there was some sort of agreement to #PayQuasi and an NDA was signed as part of that arrangement, why isn't Fatso suing SFWA to get the agreed upon funds? The way Quasi was paid, piecemeal and out of his caretaker's account, seems to say they were borrowing, taking on debt or selling assets or something to get the money together... Not getting a check for the amount from SFWA and passing it on.

I'd wager Patrick did what he does a lot of and heard what he wanted to hear. "No no no Niki, you didnT hear what the SFWA lawyers saiD. They promiseD to pay everythinG forever." when I'd wager they did nothing of the sort.

So it sure seems like those scifi nerds mother fucked the stealthy geek who thought he was smarter and cooler than them all.

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
I'm going to take this as true. That assumed, is this to read they paid the settlement and then put him on the pay no mind list, or that they said "Oh sure buddy, we hear what you're saying about the cyberstalkers and those fees. Hey, sign this NDA real quick and we'll get back to you about that." and then blocked his number once they were legally covered?

If there was some sort of agreement to #PayQuasi and an NDA was signed as part of that arrangement, why isn't Fatso suing SFWA to get the agreed upon funds? The way Quasi was paid, piecemeal and out of his caretaker's account, seems to say they were borrowing, taking on debt or selling assets or something to get the money together... Not getting a check for the amount from SFWA and passing it on.

I'd wager Patrick did what he does a lot of and heard what he wanted to hear. "No no no Niki, you didnT hear what the SFWA lawyers saiD. They promiseD to pay everythinG forever." when I'd wager they did nothing of the sort.

So it sure seems like those scifi nerds mother fucked the stealthy geek who thought he was smarter and cooler than them all.
I think you’re on the money. The SFWA told Patrick they’d fund the lawsuit and made him sign the NDA because using charity funds to bankroll a fat litigant is a bad look. Patrick somehow parlayed “We’ll pay for the suit” into “We’ll pay for any expenses encumbered through the suit”, including if he was ordered to pay Quasis legal fees. The agreement obviously did not specify that. So when he lost and was ordered to pay he probably retardedly went to the SFWA asking for those funds they agreed on to where they said “Read the contract buddy, its just funds for the suit.” Patrick, per usualy, pigheadedly tried to correct the record on a document they wrote up and harassed them to the point of being on the pay no mind list. (Not even attempting to appeal the debt tells me 2 things - 1. Patrick didn’t care to appeal because he thought a charity would be in the wings to save him. 2. The SFWA realized what a fucking liability this tard was when he didn’t even attempt to appeal)

So then because he is always a victim he goes to Nikki and explains how unfair the entire world is and how its against them. The courts and judges were against me and ordered me to pay!! Not only that, but the organization helping us won’t pay either!! And Resto didn’t even tell me I could appeal! “and…and ….and…..” And of course Nikki just bought all of it hook line and sinker.

DominusOdium

GenCon Writers Symposium Special Guest
Forum Clout
I think you’re on the money. The SFWA told Patrick they’d fund the lawsuit and made him sign the NDA because using charity funds to bankroll a fat litigant is a bad look. Patrick somehow parlayed “We’ll pay for the suit” into “We’ll pay for any expenses encumbered through the suit”, including if he was ordered to pay Quasis legal fees. The agreement obviously did not specify that. So when he lost and was ordered to pay he probably retardedly went to the SFWA asking for those funds they agreed on to where they said “Read the contract buddy, its just funds for the suit.” Patrick, per usualy, pigheadedly tried to correct the record on a document they wrote up and harassed them to the point of being on the pay no mind list. (Not even attempting to appeal the debt tells me 2 things - 1. Patrick didn’t care to appeal because he thought a charity would be in the wings to save him. 2. The SFWA realized what a fucking liability this tard was when he didn’t even attempt to appeal)

So then because he is always a victim he goes to Nikki and explains how unfair the entire world is and how its against them. The courts and judges were against me and ordered me to pay!! Not only that, but the organization helping us won’t pay either!! And Resto didn’t even tell me I could appeal! “and…and ….and…..” And of course Nikki just bought all of it hook line and sinker.
Not appealing and his willingness to let the debt collect all that interest were the big red flags that it wasn't his money even before he spilled his guts to a chatbot. Everybody gambles more freely with somebody's else's chips. His indignant They never told me this could happen! Nobody told me I'd have to pay! It's cruel! reactions all smack of a guy left holding the bag.

I just want to know what SFWA told him to get him to sign that NDA that he thought was so much fun at the time. Sign all this and we'll get back to you? Sign all this and we'll see what we can do? Sign this real quick while we go to the store for cigarettes? There's no way they promised to pay for everything. He heard what he wanted to hear, just like he does when the cops "clear" him of self swatting and motorcycle besmirching.

Forum Clout
Not appealing and his willingness to let the debt collect all that interest were the big red flags that it wasn't his money even before he spilled his guts to a chatbot. Everybody gambles more freely with somebody's else's chips. His indignant They never told me this could happen! Nobody told me I'd have to pay! It's cruel! reactions all smack of a guy left holding the bag.

I just want to know what SFWA told him to get him to sign that NDA that he thought was so much fun at the time. Sign all this and we'll get back to you? Sign all this and we'll see what we can do? Sign this real quick while we go to the store for cigarettes? There's no way they promised to pay for everything. He heard what he wanted to hear, just like he does when the cops "clear" him of self swatting and motorcycle besmirching.
I wish we could see the emails he's sent to the SFWA. That bridge must look like a scene from Apocalypse Now at this point.

G

The whole thing is very strange; even stranger, I actually believe Patrick here, at least to a certain extent... And even stranger yet, while fuck that FFWBT for filing that ridiculous lolsuit, I actually feel some empathy for him, because over the years it's become apparent he's been getting used over and over and over again by the people surrounding him: Cat Rambo / the SFWA, Brinton, and Jackie.

When discussing the lawsuit in interviews Patrick portrays himself as the tip of the spear -- the big, bad troll hunter. But has Patrick ever not exaggerated himself and his achievements when talking about anything he's done? In reality, I don't think Patrick was involved much at all with the lawsuit apart from putting his name on it*; an angry Cat Rambo saw him as a conduit to lash out at trolls, and Brinton saw him as a way to collect billable hours.

Think about it: presumably, the SFWA didn't wire Patrick $100k to use for the lawsuit; they would've been sending money directly to the lawyers. Lawyers want to get paid, so I'm confident the SFWA and Brinton + Co. signed a payment agreement directly, with the limitations clearly laid out and stipulated (the SFWA wouldn't give them a blank check).

So when Patrick says he wasn't notified he could appeal: I actually believe him. Why WOULD Brinton ask Patrick if he wants to appeal; he would've asked the SFWA, the ones cutting the checks, and the SFWA declined. The SFWA also probably took a closer look at the lawsuit at this point, saw how bungled it was and complained or even asked for a fee reduction, possibly contributing to Brinton's exit from the firm.

In a moral sense, I think the SFWA did Pat kinda dirty by not covering the SLAPP fees, but in a business and legal sense it was to be expected. Cat Rambo was gone at this point, Pat had signed an NDA with the SFWA so he couldn't make a stink on Twitter, and the SFWA's agreement with Brinton's firm was undoubtedly airtight and explicit about the extent of their financial obligations; of course they weren't going to return Patrick's calls, they weren't on the hook to pay the defendant's legal fees.

It seems like a safe bet that prior to the debt being domesticated, Patrick assumed the SFWA would pick up the SLAPP tab and therefore just went back to "no childing" on Twitter. As he has stated before in interviews, he really had no clue what he was getting into when he signed his name on that lawsuit.

*The one factor I can think of that points away from this is the refusal to remove John Doe #1; no lawyer wants to take a L, so it's quite possible that at some point Brinton floated the idea and Patrick turned it down. Then again, Brinton doesn't seem very smart (Stavros Esquire was a total joke), so it's also feasible that they just stuck with the original filing because Brinton didn't understand the issue. It's just as feasible that to the limited extent that Patrick was involved, it was to shoot themselves in the foot, which we all know Patrick is wont to do.

Forum Clout
The whole thing is very strange; even stranger, I actually believe Patrick here, at least to a certain extent... And even stranger yet, while fuck that FFWBT for filing that ridiculous lolsuit, I actually feel some empathy for him, because over the years it's become apparent he's been getting used over and over and over again by the people surrounding him: Cat Rambo / the SFWA, Brinton, and Jackie.

When discussing the lawsuit in interviews Patrick portrays himself as the tip of the spear -- the big, bad troll hunter. But has Patrick ever not exaggerated himself and his achievements when talking about anything he's done? In reality, I don't think Patrick was involved much at all with the lawsuit apart from putting his name on it*; an angry Cat Rambo saw him as a conduit to lash out at trolls, and Brinton saw him as a way to collect billable hours.

Think about it: presumably, the SFWA didn't wire Patrick $100k to use for the lawsuit; they would've been sending money directly to the lawyers. Lawyers want to get paid, so I'm confident the SFWA and Brinton + Co. signed a payment agreement directly, with the limitations clearly laid out and stipulated (the SFWA wouldn't give them a blank check).

So when Patrick says he wasn't notified he could appeal: I actually believe him. Why WOULD Brinton ask Patrick if he wants to appeal; he would've asked the SFWA, the ones cutting the checks, and the SFWA declined. The SFWA also probably took a closer look at the lawsuit at this point, saw how bungled it was and complained or even asked for a fee reduction, possibly contributing to Brinton's exit from the firm.

In a moral sense, I think the SFWA did Pat kinda dirty by not covering the SLAPP fees, but in a business and legal sense it was to be expected. Cat Rambo was gone at this point, Pat had signed an NDA with the SFWA so he couldn't make a stink on Twitter, and the SFWA's agreement with Brinton's firm was undoubtedly airtight and explicit about the extent of their financial obligations; of course they weren't going to return Patrick's calls, they weren't on the hook to pay the defendant's legal fees.

It seems like a safe bet that prior to the debt being domesticated, Patrick assumed the SFWA would pick up the SLAPP tab and therefore just went back to "no childing" on Twitter. As he has stated before in interviews, he really had no clue what he was getting into when he signed his name on that lawsuit.

*The one factor I can think of that points away from this is the refusal to remove John Doe #1; no lawyer wants to take a L, so it's quite possible that at some point Brinton floated the idea and Patrick turned it down. Then again, Brinton doesn't seem very smart (Stavros Esquire was a total joke), so it's also feasible that they just stuck with the original filing because Brinton didn't understand the issue. It's just as feasible that to the limited extent that Patrick was involved, it was to shoot themselves in the foot, which we all know Patrick is wont to do.

You need to remember all of the times Fatso has claimed to be a legal expert and even believes he deserves a role as a legal expert on cable news networks. He's that arrogant and delusional. Remember his embarrassingly retarded pro se motion? Everything that happened to him is his own fault.

PorqueDealer

Portly Pepperoni Purveyor
Forum Clout

Patrick had free reign of the money*. It was either a loan or gift as per SFWA rules.
SFWA running any of the 'ops' would open them up to massive liability.
you cannot sue someone by proxy, particularly being a charity or company. There are specific laws against that.
If they wanted to sue themselves, they would just have their own name on the suit.
It was such a flimsy premise that the butthurt "victims" had to organise it as a loan/gift to fatty. He was only made a member again just before the lawsuit was launched. They could probably fudge the paperwork to have it be a legal fund for a member but not something that SFWA itself culd bring.

*given to fatty by rambo et al on the provisio of wink wink "its to help all SFWA members you see" (ticks a box for the loan/gift to be approved)

there was like 8-10 people max being made fun of, out of thousands of members. Some of them had the authority to sign off on this vanity lawsuit. I hope CWC does a in depth video of this when we have more information.

Imager

I see penises everywhere
Forum Clout

I think you're really onto how this actually played out.

I always thought the "No one told me I could appeal" was a weird line. Like, who hasn't heard of an appeal? This isn't The People's Court -- it's real court and most circumstances can be appealed.

If what Patrick says is true, actually, he may have real grounds to file suit against the other people. Why should Patrick be liable for a SLAPP when SWFA is funding it? Without their funding of the case, there would have been no SLAPP. I'm not as familiar with Cat Rambo but basically Patrick might be able to successfully argue that the contract was so lop sided.

If Patrick won the lawsuit, he really gets nothing out of it other than upcomies. There would have been no money awarded initially due to just filing the suit to unmask the rascals. However SWFA could have used the list to turn up the heat on anyone unmasked.

If Patrick loses the lawsuit, then he is on the hook to pay for any retaliatory legal fees...which is what happened.

In order for a given contract to be legally valid, both sides must tangibly benefit. I can't make a contract with you for you to be my slave for the rest of your life for a penny, for instance. That's not a legally enforcible contract.

What benefit did Patrick gain by being the Plaintiff in the lawsuit? Had he won, what benefit would there have been for Patrick? Weigh that with him losing.

Patrick, this is not legal advice and IANAL but those are the types of questions you need to ask a real lawyer. The only risk you get from suing SWFA to recover your legal damages is that you might be blacklisted from publishing. But you haven't put out a book in years...so yeah not a big downside.

G

You need to remember all of the times Fatso has claimed to be a legal expert and even believes he deserves a role as a legal expert on cable news networks. He's that arrogant and delusional. Remember his embarrassingly retarded pro se motion? Everything that happened to him is his own fault.
Yeah I should clarify, the empathy I feel is no human should go through life this retarded. Other than that, fuck you Pat.