• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

The SFWA ghosted Patrick

BudDickman

Forum Clout
I'm late on this, but I agree with the theory that this is Niki. She is even more stupid than Pat in some ways and less paranoid, so I could see her reaching out like this. She would post all kinds of personal stuff on that Milwaukee Facebook group. And I think she believes the media narrative that Pat has cooked up. That whole part about not being informed about being able to appeal has to be Pat covering up for his own stupidity to her. He was informed by cyberstalkers about when his appeal deadline was.

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Forum Clout
I'm late on this, but I agree with the theory that this is Niki. She is even more stupid than Pat in some ways and less paranoid, so I could see her reaching out like this. She would post all kinds of personal stuff on that Milwaukee Facebook group. And I think she believes the media narrative that Pat has cooked up. That whole part about not being informed about being able to appeal has to be Pat covering up for his own stupidity to her. He was informed by cyberstalkers about when his appeal deadline was.
Possible. Id imagine she thinks pat is useless at getting things like this done. Pat cant even handle speaking to a pizza place to resolve his prank pizza deliveries. Instead he thinks flipping the fuck out on some low wage employee is the right approach. So Niki had to call and be the adult and resolve it. After finding out very late that they owe a bunch of money, she had had to get answers herself.

I dont know how she trusts him. She must have caught him lying about stupid shit plenty of times over the years. Now his lies are costing someone/them a ton of money in unnecessary interest. I want this to be true just because it would shed some light on the speculation on who was helping them and payment arrangements behind the scenes. Plus hearing the the SFWA ghosting them on covering the judgment would be pretty great.

lil chud

Everyone I don't like is a pedophile
Forum Clout
Possible. Id imagine she thinks pat is useless at getting things like this done. Pat cant even handle speaking to a pizza place to resolve his prank pizza deliveries. Instead he thinks flipping the fuck out on some low wage employee is the right approach. So Niki had to call and be the adult and resolve it. After finding out very late that they owe a bunch of money, she had had to get answers herself.

I dont know how she trusts him. She must have caught him lying about stupid shit plenty of times over the years. Now his lies are costing someone/them a ton of money in unnecessary interest. I want this to be true just because it would shed some light on the speculation on who was helping them and payment arrangements behind the scenes. Plus hearing the the SFWA ghosting them on covering the judgment would be pretty great.
So what's you're saying is, Pat and Niki are heading towards divorce?

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Forum Clout
So what's you're saying is, Pat and Niki are heading towards divorce?
Nah. I have no idea what her breaking point is with him. If she is sticking around after all of this legal crap created by his own temper and stubbornness while lying or hiding the details. Then who the fuck knows. She did that interview and made it sound like she thought about leaving him but felt it was more beneficial to fight the trolls together. Because she thinks she would still get trolled if she left. At this point it seems a that it really is just a relationship of convenience. Most women would have ditched him long ago. Id be embarrassed to bring him around other people since he is already an idiot then once he gets some booze in him he becomes even worse to be around. I wonder how many times she has had to apologize to people for the way he has acted.

DominusOdium

GenCon Writers Symposium Special Guest
Forum Clout
Nah. I have no idea what her breaking point is with him. If she is sticking around after all of this legal crap created by his own temper and stubbornness while lying or hiding the details. Then who the fuck knows. She did that interview and made it sound like she thought about leaving him but felt it was more beneficial to fight the trolls together. Because she thinks she would still get trolled if she left. At this point it seems a that it really is just a relationship of convenience. Most women would have ditched him long ago. Id be embarrassed to bring him around other people since he is already an idiot then once he gets some booze in him he becomes even worse to be around. I wonder how many times she has had to apologize to people for the way he has acted.
Never underestimate the desperation and propensity for self destructive choices of a modern, middle aged, childless white woman.

quasi101

the $83,736.99 fugitive
Forum Clout
Since Niki posted it, I wonder if that's why she said the SFWA ghosted them. Maybe Pat knows the true story of what happened between them and just lied to her.

If the terms were whats on the sfwa website then they "ghosted" him by adhering to the stipulations. They pay for his attorney fees. They were not on the hook for sanctions due to illegally abusing the subpoena process. They gave a malicious , vindictive, retard a blank check to run wild with.

DominusOdium

GenCon Writers Symposium Special Guest
Forum Clout
If the terms were whats on the sfwa website then they "ghosted" him by adhering to the stipulations. They pay for his attorney fees. They were not on the hook for sanctions due to illegally abusing the subpoena process. They gave a malicious , vindictive, retard a blank check to run wild with.

I hadn't looked at this in a long time. It makes sense why he and Mary Robinette, etc. were so hardcore about making a huge deal about the Goodreads reviews in order to justify, in their policy, funding his lolsuit. It's not Patrick VS OnA, it's a publishing related dispute that affects all writers and the publishing industry. He then took this money to try to dox people. #1 explicitly allows them to loan him money in this case, presumably where he got the money to #PayQuasi.

The legal fund may be used for the following purposes:
  1. To fund loans to members who have a publishing-related dispute.
  2. To fund legal action in the name of SFWA which will benefit a group of members or the organization as a whole.
  3. To fund or contribute to the funding of court actions brought by others in issues which are of importance to SFWA’s members and the business of writing and which may help to raise SFWA’s profile as a pro-active writers’ organization.
They let a manchild loot the piggy bank and spend tens of thousands of members dues because of bad, mostly joke, reviews.

1000006820.jpg

Forum Clout

I hadn't looked at this in a long time. It makes sense why he and Mary Robinette, etc. were so hardcore about making a huge deal about the Goodreads reviews in order to justify, in their policy, funding his lolsuit. It's not Patrick VS OnA, it's a publishing related dispute that affects all writers and the publishing industry. He then took this money to try to dox people. #1 explicitly allows them to loan him money in this case, presumably where he got the money to #PayQuasi.

They let a manchild loot the piggy bank and spend tens of thousands of members dues because of bad, mostly joke, reviews.

View attachment 187092
Then 10 months later...
1000004184.jpg

PorqueDealer

Portly Pepperoni Purveyor
Forum Clout
Reminder he only mentions having to sign an NDA after Josiah pulled his pants down at recess.
Unless he signed a general NDA when he took the SFWA loan and after blabbing they made him sign a special Tomlinson edition one to STFU and go away.

If they ghosted him because he couldn't keep sfwas name out of his mouf and left him to foot the bill...... :ROFLMAO:

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Forum Clout

View attachment 187092
Is this a direct shot at that broad Curt Rambis who was president before Mary 3 names? Did Pat actually do the equivalent of hold his breath in refusing to pay dues until he got his way like scalzi did a while back? It's gay as a tactic in general but moreso for a nobody like pat