Everyone's Top 10 favorite video games?

Snake

Tried the Silent Hill 2 PC remaster project that @Snake posted and holy shit is it good. Highly recommend you nerds play it.
I had a few crashes in the two playthroughs I did (did two because I didn't get the In Water ending I wanted the first time) in a few places that happened in both playthroughs. But since it's PC, you can save anywhere so the 2nd go around I just saved right before the spots I would get them.

Do you have a favorite area of the game? I'm all fawkin in with the Toluca prison and the Labyrinth since they don't make any fucking sense in where they are. The classic "Nowhere" of every SH game.

Last edited:

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
I had a few crashes in in the two playthroughs I did (did two because I didn't get the In Water ending I wanted the first time) in a few places that happened in both playthroughs. But since it's PC, you can save anywhere so the 2nd go around I just saved right before the spots I would get them.

Do you have a favorite area of the game? I'm all fawkin in with the Toluca prison and the Labyrinth since they don't make any fucking sense in where they are. The classic "Nowhere" are of every SH game.

The hospital section is burned into my brain along with the elevator trivia part. Scared the shit out of me as a kid. Replaying it now and just met Pyramid Head. I forgot how fantastic this game actually is. Such a breath of fresh air after the dogshit released these days. Also that jump scare in the bathroom stall got me so fucking good when I was young.

Snake

The hospital section is burned into my brain along with the elevator trivia part. Scared the shit out of me as a kid. Replaying it now and just met Pyramid Head. I forgot how fantastic this game actually is. Such a breath of fresh air after the dogshit released these days. Also that jump scare in the bathroom stall got me so fucking good when I was young.
I think the Hospital is the longest single area within it. Pyramid Head is a such a great character for what he means to the plot and James, but Konami brought him back in later games. Which doesn't make any sense when he's specific to James only. It's not abundantly clear what his deal is when you first play it but most people's first playthroughs should get it by the end. Again, much of it is left on the player to figure much of the plot out since it's very subtly done.

BTW, you may not of done this before. But when you leave the Hospital, go back in Neely's Bar and look what was added to the wall. You have the "there was a hole here, but it's gone now" text, but something gets added to the adjacent wall only after the hospital.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
I think the Hospital is the longest single area within it. Pyramid Head is a such a great character for what he means to the plot and James, but Konami brought him back in later games. Which doesn't make any sense when he's specific to James only. It's not abundantly clear what his deal is when you first play it but most people's first playthroughs should get it by the end. Again, much of it is left on the player to figure much of the plot out since it's very subtly done.

BTW, you may not of done this before. But when you leave the Hospital, go back in Neely's Bar and look what was added to the wall. You have the "there was a hole here, but it's gone now" text, but something gets added to the adjacent wall only after the hospital.
Oh nice I'll check that out I don't remember ever doing that. The designer of Pyramid Head came out and said he wishes he never made it. My guess is he hates what it became which is odd because his Twitter profile is pyramid head.
Screenshot_20220716-014942.png

Snake

Oh nice I'll check that out I don't remember ever doing that. The designer of Pyramid Head came out and said he wishes he never made it. My guess is he hates what it became which is odd because his Twitter profile is pyramid head.
View attachment 54193
Yeah I saw that earlier in the year. Because they bastardized everything about him. The sequels, the movies, all of it.

But even beyond just PH, all his designs in SH2 are incredible since they're all tied to James' psyche and well thought out. Eddie and Angela see monsters too, but they're not seeing the same thing since whatever they see is based around their trauma.

Ito has posted a lot about other symbolism of the monster designs he's done. Like Abstract Daddy looks different to Angela than what James sees it as.

Opesterino

How does that feel?!
I had a few crashes in the two playthroughs I did (did two because I didn't get the In Water ending I wanted the first time) in a few places that happened in both playthroughs. But since it's PC, you can save anywhere so the 2nd go around I just saved right before the spots I would get them.

Do you have a favorite area of the game? I'm all fawkin in with the Toluca prison and the Labyrinth since they don't make any fucking sense in where they are. The classic "Nowhere" of every SH game.

I wish I knew you guys were playing through Silent Hill 2 as I would have enjoyed being apart of that. I love Silent Hill 1/2 . As much as I love Silent Hill 2, I think Silent Hill Origins on PSP could be my favorite. They kinda did away with the combat from what I remember and you mostly try to run away and dodge the enemies which in my opinion works fine for a side game as combat isn't the main focus of the game. I fucking bought the Silent Hill 2/3 collection for PS3 and it was a mash up of bad ports for both games, esp 2 which was a bummer as that is the reason I bought that disc.

I didn't know about the remaster project so I am excited at the chance to look into that. If you guys haven't tried origins allow me to suggest checking it out.

ChimpanZ

Fruit Loops, Cheerios, Pops, Trix, Cocoa Pebbles
Persona 4 > 5 in my opinion. I feel gay for liking that game but I do.
Persona 5 would be better if it was actually challenging in the slightest. The 3x elemental weakness damage on merciless made the game completely boring. Persona 4 blows 5 out of the water

johnnynoname

I have a face like a shovel
no particular order:

Out of this World
Flashback
WWF No Mercy (the GOAT wrestling game)
Bionic Commando
TES V: Skyrim
GTA IV (Niko Bellic is a wonderful character)
Ducktales
Metal Gear Solid
Mortal Kombat II
WWF RAW

as an aside, I remember I wanted to kill myself a couple of mother's days ago, and the only thing that kept me from doing it was I wanted to live long enough for the next Elder Scrolls place

and also- people who really want to kill themselves actually do it.....they don't talk about how they were thinking about it, or anything like that. So, I realize that saying something like "I wanted to kill myself" can be taking as a bit hyberbolic. However, it was a really bad day, and I really thought I was gonna eat it....Todd Howard saved me.....everytime he pushes "Starfield" back, it adds years to my life

Front 242

Bad Boy Bubby
I've only got 2:

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946
I once blasted 7 nips out of the sky in a Wildcat over the Coral Sea and still the most exciting part was trying to land it on the Lexington with the rudder shot to shit

Empire Total War
A totally underrated game. There's a mod out there that overhauls it and really improves the experience. There's something really satisfying about outmaneuvering a line of 7000 troops and locking them into a killing field while hitting the back of their line with you cavalry.

Video games are for faggots.
IL-2 Sturmovik is a game I haven't thought about in probably a decade. Holee shit.

johnnynoname

I have a face like a shovel
but I'm not sure it actually holds up
the thing is I only have the memories of how AMAZING it handled.....the controls MADE that game

I haven't played it in so long because (while that is an amazing game on it it's own) it's a "friends game" (much like "Goldeneye").....I'm kinda out of the "Friends" business so I have no reason to pick it up (either playing via emulation, or doing the retro thing)

I think i started blathering around the end of the above...I also didn't proof read my shit so if it reads like shit smeared on the wall-sorry

Riccardo Bosi

welcomes our new overlords
the thing is I only have the memories of how AMAZING it handled.....the controls MADE that game

I haven't played it in so long because (while that is an amazing game on it it's own) it's a "friends game" (much like "Goldeneye").....I'm kinda out of the "Friends" business so I have no reason to pick it up (either playing via emulation, or doing the retro thing)
The hard/quick grapple and hard/quick strike mechanics were great. I just think it got so much better especially by the HCTP days when you could intuitively counter shit and make the matches fast paced, but you'd also target specific body parts to exploit your opponent.

But, yeah, you gotta have real friends to play these games. Single player? Meh. SYM's season mode was cool though.