Mario 64
Castle Crashers
Binding of Isaac
Counter Strike: Source
Batman Arkham Asylum
Mario Party 2
GTA V
Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition Remix
Isaac slaps, child. I lost any drive to 100% after the last expansion added all those alternate cursed characters.

Joe_Cumia_Eats_HUMAN_SHIT

fuck jews
Isaac slaps, child. I lost any drive to 100% after the last expansion added all those alternate cursed characters.

My autism is unmatched

ezDMVNt.png

Snake

Since both lists have Silent Hill 2, would that hold up for someone who's never played it originally, but just google imaged it and loved the fawkin aesthetic?
The game still looks good for being 20 years old. You can download the fan restoration copy for nothing which is better looking than the one Konami did. http://www.enhanced.townofsilenthill.com/SH2/

The allure to it is the plot, and how subtle it is. The writers went to an absurd degree putting meaningful symbolism in everything. Much of the plot you need to figure out own your own. Much of it deals with really extreme themes that I don't think any other game attempted to do. Primarily sex and sexual abuse.

You could play it and not play the first one. It's the only self contained game of the series. The other games deal with the town's cult, while this is about three characters that are dealing with PTSD and are "called" to the town.

It takes inspiration from Blue Velvet, The Shining, Jacob's Ladder and Twin Peaks.

G

The game still looks good for being 20 years old. You can download the fan restoration copy for nothing which is better looking than the one Konami did. [URL]http://www.enhanced.townofsilenthill.com/SH2/[/URL]

The allure to it is the plot, and how subtle it is. The writers went to an absurd degree putting meaningful symbolism in everything. Much of the plot you need to figure out own your own. Much of it deals with really extreme themes that I don't think any other game attempted to do. Primarily sex and sexual abuse.

You could play it and not play the first one. It's the only self contained game of the series. The other games deal with the town's cult, while this is about three characters that are dealing with PTSD and are "called" to the town.

It takes inspiration from Blue Velvet, The Shining, Jacob's Ladder and Twin Peaks.
Fawk yeah, I love all of those things (except Jacob's Ladder which I have never seen but keep meaning to).

Yeah just do not play the HD remake it's dogshit. It runs great on PCSX2
I would have figured the early 2000s graphics would make it creepier.

CutesyMissy

"... radio's most notorious shock jock."
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Fallout 3
Red Dead Redemption
Streets of Rage 4
Hitman Trilogy (2016-2021)
GTA Vice (cocaine!) City
Donkey Kong Country 2
Sleeping Dogs
NBA Jam
Killer Instinct (2013)
Need for Speed Underground 2

Snake

Fawk yeah, I love all of those things (except Jacob's Ladder which I have never seen but keep meaning to).

I would have figured the early 2000s graphics would make it creepier.

Jacob's Ladder is probably the biggest influence with how the game is presented since it deals a lot with false memories without getting too detailed. SH2 is the game that essentially killed the SH series since every followup tried to recapture it and failed miserably, although I heard SH3 is great but not nearly as good.

They even based the same Vietnam jacket from JL and put it on James the main character.

1657915739814.png

1657915772056.png

SH2 also has 4 different endings, and it's determined entirely on your play style on how you treat James. Like, if you heal immediately after being injured or you leave him at low health. There's also a few key file pickups that you read can influence the ending. There's also a 5th ending you can get but you need to beat the game once. There is a canon ending, but all the ending are valid honestly as all of them are great and appropriate to how you play it.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Jacob's Ladder is probably the biggest influence with how the game is presented since it deals a lot with false memories without getting too detailed. SH2 is the game that essentially killed the SH series since every followup tried to recapture it and failed miserably, although I heard SH3 is great but not nearly as good.

They even based the same Vietnam jacket from JL and put it on James the main character.

View attachment 54101

View attachment 54102

SH2 also has 4 different endings, and it's determined entirely on your play style on how you treat James. Like, if you heal immediately after being injured or you leave him at low health. There's also a few key file pickups that you read can influence the ending. There's also a 5th ending you can get but you need to beat the game once. There is a canon ending, but all the ending are valid honestly as all of them are great and appropriate to how you play it.
3 is pretty good but the story stinks compared to 2. It has some really creepy imagery though. I think it's still worth playing and way better than 4 which had such a great premise and ruined it.

Snake

3 is pretty good but the story stinks compared to 2. It has some really creepy imagery though. I think it's still worth playing and way better than 4 which had such a great premise and ruined it.
Yeah from what I understand it's more of a straight forward horror game. SH2 is better since it leaves more on player's imagination on what isn't seen, or told. The subplot of Angela is so extreme, but they don't even really tell you anything explicitly, but you can put it together. She's undoubtedly the most tragic character in a game ever.

Eddie is just Pat.

No atalker, James. I did not kill shoot that guy. Hush now.

1657916494528.png

@Torquie btw the soundtrack in it slaps, child. Yamaoka is incredible.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Yeah from what I understand it's more of a straight forward horror game. SH2 is better since it leaves more on player's imagination on what isn't seen, or told. The subplot of Angela is so extreme, but they don't even really tell you anything explicitly, but you can put it together. She's undoubtedly the most tragic character in a game ever.

Eddie is just Pat.

No atalker, James. I did not kill shoot that guy. Hush now.

View attachment 54103
Yeah nothing compares to the themes that's in that game. Have you seen the leaked photos of the rumoured new Silent Hill? It's so blatant and unsubtle with a NIGGER FEMALE protag. There is a screenshot of papers on the wall that say FAT BITCH. Nice subtlety, stupid. Not that a Silent Hill could even be good in the current year.

Snake

Yeah nothing compares to the themes that's in that game. Have you seen the leaked photos of the rumoured new Silent Hill? It's so blatant and unsubtle with a NIGGER FEMALE protag. There is a screenshot of papers on the wall that say FAT BITCH. Nice subtlety, stupid. Not that a Silent Hill could even be good in the current year.
Yeah the rumor mill says it's a remake of SH2. I doubt that. Some remakes are warranted, but SH2 doesn't need it whatsoever. It plays clunky on purpose since James isn't a soldier, at least we're never told he is even though he's wearing a Vietnam jungle jacket. Like I said earlier, it still looks good for being so old and the fan update makes it look better. The noise effect makes everything look unnerving. You can turn it off, but it loses it's appeal I think.

Feltch My Ass

Dan posting, it’s what’s for Dinner
Yeah the rumor mill says it's a remake of SH2. I doubt that. Some remakes are warranted, but SH2 doesn't need it whatsoever. It plays clunky on purpose since James isn't a soldier, at least we're never told he is even though he's wearing a Vietnam jungle jacket. Like I said earlier, it still looks good for being so old and the fan update makes it look better. The noise effect makes everything look unnerving. You can turn it off, but it loses it's appeal I think.

it needs a proper re release

ive wanted to play for awhile, but it takes too much effort to play it emulated

a pc release would rule