What was your favorite Steve C bit?

NigelCumia

I think you are.

You have some grandiose visions of wild parties at Anthony's house. In reality, not much ever happened there. Mostly, me and whatever chick I was with hung out with him and whatever chick he was with. We'd drink and sing karaoke in the basement. It wasn't some Oscar party. Just two ugly men singing in a Long Island basement. Why any of you think it was anything more than that is bonkers. How did Joe act at poker games? Like a fucking guy playing poker. How embarrassing is this entire dialogue.

THAT'S what you find weird??? Who's Pat and why is he talked about so much? "It's weird...." Lmao. Clowns..
The guy YOU brought up like 4 posts ago. Hey Danny, I've decided to go to Steve C's soccer practice. One of the coaches will have to give you a ride home from your little league game. 😘

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
I think you are.

You have some grandiose visions of wild parties at Anthony's house. In reality, not much ever happened there. Mostly, me and whatever chick I was with hung out with him and whatever chick he was with. We'd drink and sing karaoke in the basement. It wasn't some Oscar party. Just two ugly men singing in a Long Island basement. Why any of you think it was anything more than that is bonkers. How did Joe act at poker games? Like a fucking guy playing poker. How embarrassing is this entire dialogue.
No, I imagine it being exactly like the pictures that have been posted -- Big A, AntH, "Brotha" Joe, Fred From Brooklyn around a small table playing cards while consuming Bud Lights.

Sounds like "Brotha" Joe was a nice fellow and treated AntH's employees properly. That's all I was wondering.

Mick_Mickerson

me and whatever chick I was with
Jim_Norton_in_XM_Studios_in_2005.jpg

NigelCumia

I've read this like five times.

What the fuck are you talking about. You think you're being super cool, yeah? WTF are you saying.
You have a bizarre form of little brother syndrome. As if we're hypocrites for not extending you the same sympathy. It doesn't, because I kind of liked Steve and don't like you at all. You're searching for your deprived unconditional love in all the wrong places like a molested girl.

No, I imagine it being exactly like the pictures that have been posted

Do you ever feel uncomfortable about posting things like this, especially so far removed from every aspect of it all?

You're not a show person, friend of a show person, you're some multiple years-after-the-fact person pontificating on the previous personal lives of other men. What else do you imagine about the days we had? I would be fucking embarrassed to publicly post shit about how I "imagined" decades old hangouts of radio show people I used to listen to. Now twist this and make it somehow cool and I'm a loser. Go.

You have a bizarre form of little brother syndrome. As if we're hypocrites for not extending you the same sympathy. It doesn't, because I kind of liked Steve and don't like you at all. You're searching for your deprived unconditional love in all the wrong places like a molested girl.

Ok, Grandma, time for bed.

NigelCumia

Do you ever feel uncomfortable about posting things like this, especially so far removed from every aspect of it all?

You're not a show person, friend of a show person, you're some multiple years-after-the-fact person pontificating on the previous personal lives of other men. What else do you imagine about the days we had? I would be fucking embarrassed to publicly post shit about how I "imagined" decades old hangouts of radio show people I used to listen to. Now twist this and make it somehow cool and I'm a loser. Go.

Ok, Grandma, time for bed.
George-Costanza-6.jpg

See, this, this should have been the podcast.

Mick_Mickerson

You seem to be under the impression that I'm a 2005-era pest who thinks it would be awesome to get to visit "The Compound" when that isn't the case. My posts were poking fun at the idea that AntH's fans used to think of the Cumpound parties as some type of Great Gatsby type blowout when we now know it was you and Fred from Brooklyn playing poker with "Brotha" Joe.

What was I pontificating about, exactly? :colin_sm:

You seem to be under the impression that I'm a 2005-era pest who thinks it would be awesome to get to visit "The Compound" when that isn't the case. My posts were poking fun at the idea that AntH's fans used to think of the Cumpound parties as some type of Great Gatsby type blowout when we now know it was you and Fred from Brooklyn playing poker with "Brotha" Joe.

What was I pontificating about, exactly? :colin_sm:

Dude, why do you even wonder about this in the first place? How far beyond the average fandom even IS this garbage? You think you're better than other people because you only wonder about the people who wonder? A host of a radio show plays poker in his basement with people and you are STILL talking about this DECADES later. I don't think I have this wrong. You're literally talking about poker games that other men had 15 years ago. Is that more pathetic than it is gay? I don't even know. I get douchechills trying to decide.

You're sooo cool, Brewster. What's next. A thread about the keg party the gaffer on Jason Takes Manhattan threw in 1988? There's seriously a group of people who give a fuck about any of this?

Steve C was a selfish faggot who committed the cruelest sin of all. He’s now burning in hell.

Yes.

Mick_Mickerson

Dude, why do you even wonder about this in the first place? How far beyond the average fandom even IS this garbage? You think you're better than other people because you only wonder about the people who wonder? A host of a radio show plays poker in his basement with people and you are STILL talking about this DECADES later. I don't think I have this wrong. You're literally talking about poker games that other men had 15 years ago. Is that more pathetic than it is gay? I don't even know. I get douchechills trying to decide.

You're sooo cool, Brewster. What's next. A thread about the keg party the gaffer on Jason Takes Manhattan threw in 1988? There's seriously a group of people who give a fuck about any of this?
It's called fucking around on a message board. I don't actually give a fuck about any of your interactions with "Brotha" Joe. The Opie and Anthony universe in 2023 is funny to me and I was asking a silly question in the hopes some funny anecdote would come out of it.

But you are so caught up in the past you assume everyone who posts here is like the small handful of (now middle aged) dudes who hung around the studio and dreamed of visiting "The Compound" in 2005.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

that nigga blessed if you ask me ❤️

Yes.
What happened to us hanging out on Sunday?

Mick_Mickerson

Yes, you do.

lmao, suddenly, after being shown how pathetic this all is, it's all a bit. Ok pally. Sure thing. :)

Messages1,651. 1,651 posts of you not actually giving a fuck.
Since you're taking a look -- I'm sure you'll notice that my less than one post a day in the four years I've been on this board are not typically earnest inquiries