Spaghetti Factory lore unlocked 🚨

DominusOdium

Self Styled Brothaman
"OH ITS THIS FUCKING GUY"

Fat having a bunch of rivalries and hatred for more successful writers who DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO HE IS, is easily my favorite part of the story. Drunkenly waltzing up and trying to start shit with an enemy, presumably because you don't like that he has differing politics and infinitely more success, and having them blow you off because you're nobody is the most Patrick S. Tomlinson thing ever.

DominusOdium

Self Styled Brothaman
He drinks excessively on a regular basis but when he goes to conventions he thinks thats when he can really let loose. All it means is that he starts drinking earlier than usual and is totally trashed by 3pm. He has no idea how much of an ass he makes of himself due to being so intoxicated. He thinks he looks like the cool guy while everyone else tries to keep a distance.

He was reportedly very drunk, interrupting conversations and loudly telling anybody who would listen at the author's symposium at his last con about his impending prison stay due to contempt and left early when nobody cared overmuch.

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
It's also because it's always going to get separated at a function like that. Pat's not going to get himself thrown in jail for fist fighting at a fucking spaghetti restaurant. He doesn't actually want to fight, he just wants to appear tough to a bunch of abject losers.
He does it because he wants to get fucked in the ass, he’s just too fucking outrageous and sexually frustrated to successfully solicit gay sex from the down low community. It’s pretty impressive given how low their standards are.

SFWA liaison

Heidi Hildeman customer
here's why Fatrick hates this guy btw
1712182271647.png

1712182286356.png

53x more ratings (and higher rating) - 20x more reviews

Pat is irrelevant and his "career" LARP is obviously a farce

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
here's why Fatrick hates this guy btw
View attachment 191433
View attachment 191434

53x more ratings (and higher rating) - 20x more reviews

Pat is irrelevant and his "career" LARP is obviously a farce
I know i’m stating the obvious here but any job is about networking. The more people you know the more successful you are. And networking is completely antithetical to his nature. He is simply not a friendly person, and even if he were, he simply cannot think about “business”. How many authors or publishers do you think he’s actively soiled a connection with over politics? Do you think Pat is honestly competent enough to put aside politics to get ahead in his career?

Schinkle bout this. Have we ever seen Patrick tweet something like “Hey I just read this book by this small time author, I think people should check him out he’s really great!” NEVER. If he does its for the SFWA creeps who he feels obliged to give promotion to. Shit like that goes a long way and would show he’s actually committed to making relationships in the industry