Official ONAFORUMS baseball thread

NortheastPhilly

Shock Jock
The state of sports journalism. Arenado clanked one at 3rd in a brutal error that allowed 2 unearned runs, and they lose by exactly 2 runs. Singlehandedly blew the game, but the national story is that he hit for the gay cycle.

FB31C9D3-73E5-42A8-B2EE-24C0D301EAD1.jpeg

So stupid

G

WWAWD halfway point? Not a bad fawwkin season to be honest witchya..definitely a step up all around from the last couple years. I like that there's not as many diggers and the only guys with big power numbers are guys that should.

With the new set up the 4th place AL East team will likely make the playoffs, which is fucked. It'll be one of them vs. The Astros in the LCS again.

Mets are about to add Scherzer and DeGrom...50-30 without those 2 is pretty damm good. They can always choke at any time, but they'll also make a big trade too.

Braves are just such a great organization, they'll be tough.

Brewers are very solid, but fuck Pat. Cardinals are ok. Giants and Phillies will hang around within a hot streak of sneaking in. Dombrowski might try a hail Mary of a trade deadline to get in it.

Dodgers seem like they're being a bunch of faggots this year for some reason. Padres can play with anyone and have a lot of really good players.

Judge obviously MVP could maybe hit 60+ home runs. Itll probably be Goldschmidt NL.

Angels and White Sox biggest disappointments. No real surprises.

All star game used to be my favorite part of the year now its GAY.

G

I hope the Nats can get some dudes for Josh Bell. We can’t develop pitchers for shit

JoshFromMichigan

I miss Norm
Tigers have been decimated by injuries this year but have proven they are deeep with pitching. The All-star Game is a fag circle jerk now, but I do enjoy the home run derby.

Monk

I have a strong suspicion that La Russa is basically a figurehead manager. There is just no fucking way someone with the amount of experience he has in the game can be the one making the decisions for the White Sox. I think he relies heavily on his coaches to make in-game decisions and set the strategy. It makes sense too because his coaches have shit resumes. Frank Menechino was hitting coach for the fucking Marlins from 2014-2018 and that's his only major league coaching experience. They hired Ethan Katz to be the pitching coach because he was Giolito's manager in high school. Miguel Cairo has never been a bench coach before at any level until the Sox hired him. The Sox hired a bunch of coaches with no track record of being good at the job they took.

Torque’sHeadBump

(Voluntarily) torqued boomer
WWAWD halfway point? Not a bad fawwkin season to be honest witchya..definitely a step up all around from the last couple years. I like that there's not as many diggers and the only guys with big power numbers are guys that should.

With the new set up the 4th place AL East team will likely make the playoffs, which is fucked. It'll be one of them vs. The Astros in the LCS again.

Mets are about to add Scherzer and DeGrom...50-30 without those 2 is pretty damm good. They can always choke at any time, but they'll also make a big trade too.

Braves are just such a great organization, they'll be tough.

Brewers are very solid, but fuck Pat. Cardinals are ok. Giants and Phillies will hang around within a hot streak of sneaking in. Dombrowski might try a hail Mary of a trade deadline to get in it.

Dodgers seem like they're being a bunch of faggots this year for some reason. Padres can play with anyone and have a lot of really good players.

Judge obviously MVP could maybe hit 60+ home runs. Itll probably be Goldschmidt NL.

All star game used to be my favorite part of the year now its GAY.
To be completely honest witcha I’ve been lapsing the last few weeks when it comes to listening to the ball games sniff

But I’m gonna get back into it now that I have some time off coming up.

G

To be completely honest witcha I’ve been lapsing the last few weeks when it comes to listening to the ball games sniff

But I’m gonna get back into it now that I have some time off coming up.

i cant sit through a whole game unless it’s alcantara or verlander or it gets close in the eight.
Boring as shit, they need the pitch clock

I hope the Nats can get some dudes for Josh Bell. We can’t develop pitchers for shit

I can’t believe they have scherzer and corbin for five more years. Probably the worst big contracts in history. Everything COMP’D
Soto will walk

G

i cant sit through a whole game unless it’s alcantara or verlander or it gets close in the eight.
Boring as shit, they need the pitch clock

I can’t believe they have scherzer and corbin for five more years. Probably the worst big contracts in history. Everything COMP’D
Soto will walk
If you think Scherzer was a bad contract you have no idea what you were talking about.

G

I meant strasburg jerkberg. Dude weeed
Yeah I’ll agree with that. Everyone here knew it was dumb from day one. Dude could never stay healthy except for that one year.

The Corbin deal is bad but it’s understandable at least. They needed that one more piece and the only way to get it was to overpay and outbid everyone. And it worked, they won the WS and he was an important part of it. They knew they’d have to eat shit on the backend but you can’t really blame them for it. It was a gamble and it paid off.

Last edited by a moderator:

RaggotFetard

Didn’T LisTen
Just bought my fwb and I a pair of tix to see my Cubbies vs Los Doyers tonight for $80. Only bringing her cus she doesn’t drink and her $40 ticket is a MUCH cheaper ride than an Uber from OC…and I plan to get drunk! She’s fun tho. I’m born and raised in OC, but am a lifelong Cubs fan cus of the movie Rookie of the Year. We have dope outfield seats so I’m gonna bring my mitt like a faggot.

G

Just bought my fwb and I a pair of tix to see my Cubbies vs Los Doyers tonight for $80. Only bringing her cus she doesn’t drink and her $40 ticket is a MUCH cheaper ride than an Uber from OC…and I plan to get drunk! She’s fun tho. I’m born and raised in OC, but am a lifelong Cubs fan cus of the movie Rookie of the Year. We have dope outfield seats so I’m gonna bring my mitt like a faggot.
Show up early for BP, maybe catch a home run. Then throw it in so hard they'll say "holy shit we gotta sign this guy!"...she'll love that

G

Come on man. Only children bring gloves to a game.

G

WWAWD All Star game?

I thought it was the coolest shit ever as a little kid. The best part was seeing all the different jerseys. Of course they got rid of that, not because fans were asking for league uniforms but because Nike or Under Armour threw a pile at cash at them and they sold the sport out further.

Is that a real gripe? Or am I just a miserable faggot? I think both.

Monk

WWAWD All Star game?

I thought it was the coolest shit ever as a little kid. The best part was seeing all the different jerseys. Of course they got rid of that, not because fans were asking for league uniforms but because Nike or Under Armour threw a pile at cash at them and they sold the sport out further.

Home Run Derby is where it's at. Especially now that we don't have to listen to fat retard Chris Berman's, "BAHCKBAHCKBAHCKBAHCK" stupidity anymore. Do wish they had some sort of other event to go along with it though. Some sort of skills competition. I'll still watch the All-Star Game though. Sucks that Dylan Cease and Jose Abreu aren't in it though. Both deserve it more than Tim Anderson.

fusciasomething

Jacques De Gautier
WWAWD All Star game?

I went to the game and the derby last year. The derby was awesome, the game was a bit of a let down but I was extremely hungover which didn't help.