Official ONAFORUMS baseball thread

The Tigers have scored 159 runs this year which ranks them last in all of baseball. The second worst scoring team, The Pirates, have 192 runs. This is historically one of the worst offensive starts in MLB history. It’s shocking how bad they are. Lost 10-1 to Toronto last night. The dummy who was tipping pitches to the Yankees got rocked again and was immediately assigned to AAA after the game.

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Dodgers have been slumping hard and the Braves are on fire. I'll be watching that Dodger/Giants game today. Yesterday their game was pretty wild. Anytime these teams play its usually a good game.

G

Fawkin forgot to mention Greinke won the other day. He for sure posts here but I digress

G

It was worth it.

and they’re about to sell the team for billions so they could be decent again in a couple years after they trade Josh Bell and Nelson Cruz for a couple more young pitchers and sign Soto for +$400M
Soto looks like he's checked out. I'd also be pretty surprised if he doesn't test the open market when the time comes. Good luck outbidding the Mets Superjew

G

Soto looks like he's checked out. I'd also be pretty surprised if he doesn't test the open market when the time comes. Good luck outbidding the Mets Superjew
He’s in a slump for sure but he doesn’t look like he isn’t trying and I still watch a lot of games for some reason.

I think the new ownership will give him an offer he can’t refuse. It will probably be part of the deal when they buy the team. He’d have to be a retard to turn down $400M while not a free agent yet. You could get hurt and lose it all.

G

He’s in a slump for sure but he doesn’t look like he isn’t trying and I still watch a lot of games for some reason.

I think the new ownership will give him an offer he can’t refuse. It will probably be part of the deal when they buy the team. He’d have to be a retard to turn down $400M while not a free agent yet. You could get hurt and lose it all.
I hear ya but guys are saying no to 300 mil right now, so in a couple years who knows.

Definitely not an effort issue with him but he's frustrated for sure. Teams just throw him nothing to hit. I think the only hole in his game is he's too eager to take a walk alot.

G

I hear ya but guys are saying no to 300 mil right now, so in a couple years who knows.

Definitely not an effort issue with him but he's frustrated for sure. Teams just throw him nothing to hit. I think the only hole in his game is he's too eager to take a walk alot.
He does walk a lot but has also struck out more this year than he ever had before, that why he’s hitting like .215 or some shit but still almost .400 obp

G

That’s a bad take. Puig was a retarded hothead. Soto is a good dude just having a bit of a slump. He’ll be alright.
Easy to forget he's also 22 or 23 years old still. There's about to be alot of kids older then him just getting drafted. He has nothing to prove. Hard to hit when you have no protection. Every pitcher is under orders to give him nothing over the plate.