Official ONAFORUMS baseball thread

NortheastPhilly

Shock Jock
That Bryce Harper is a cunt who makes his teammates want to fight him in the dugout? The guy changed the culture of baseball for a few years by making it "smart" to not run out ground balls. Fuck him
That was like 7 years ago. Last year his effort was herculean. Single handedly kept them in the race for months on end, reigning mvp. And since he joined the team he’s had zero character issues.

Also, that teammate he fought was a 10 times bigger asshole than him

fusciasomething

Jacques De Gautier
That was like 7 years ago. Last year his effort was herculean. Single handedly kept them in the race for months on end, reigning mvp. And since he joined the team he’s had zero character issues.

Also, that teammate he fought was a 10 times bigger asshole than him
Papelbon was a douche for sure but I’ve never had anyone I’ve ever met defend Harper so I don’t know what to say. I grew up with (I’m much younger) Roy Halladay and he would have murdered Bryce prior to his “redemption”. “Hey Roy, I’m trying now” would have never been a thing.

NortheastPhilly

Shock Jock
Papelbon was a douche for sure but I’ve never had anyone I’ve ever met defend Harper so I don’t know what to say. I grew up with (I’m much younger) Roy Halladay and he would have murdered Bryce prior to his “redemption”. “Hey Roy, I’m trying now” would have never been a thing.
Did he have problems hustling at some point in Washington that Im not aware of? He’s often criticized for being overly aggressive on the basepaths to a fault, and he’ll also run into a wall for you.
In his younger years he came off as a bit of a cocky douchebag but Ive never heard of him having any real character issues.
But going back to my original point, he’s the absolute last person I would put any blame on for the Phillies mediocrity except maybe Zack Wheeler whos a complete stud

G

Anyone else can't stand the apple tv broadcasts? they have a broad in the booth everytime and it's fucking AGGRAVATING
nobody wants to hear women talk baseball. what gives

[MEDIA=youtube]2x2YYdUcJSw:54[/MEDIA]

Monk

Anyone else can't stand the apple tv broadcasts? they make have a broad in the booth everytime and it's fucking AGGRAVATING

They're fucking terrible but I wouldn't mind seeing that brainless Yahoo writer skank Hannah Keyser's big ol' tits.

Screenshot_20.png

She could get it.

fusciasomething

Jacques De Gautier
Did he have problems hustling at some point in Washington that Im not aware of? He’s often criticized for being overly aggressive on the basepaths to a fault, and he’ll also run into a wall for you.
In his younger years he came off as a bit of a cocky douchebag but Ive never heard of him having any real character issues.
But going back to my original point, he’s the absolute last person I would put any blame on for the Phillies mediocrity except maybe Zack Wheeler whos a complete stud
I’m probably too critical I just have never liked the dude and never will. I’m also particularly mad at the Phils right now for dumping Girardi but I get that too. The Rockies sit on bad players/managers for years and years so I’m grumpy.

G

Bryce Harper may not technically be a cancer but he certainly isn't a winner. I've never seen a guy try less
He's one of the top 5 players in the game, my first thought with the Phillies is Harper deserves better...he signed for 13 years in fucking Philly.

Scott Boras days as a super agent are long gone. All his clients have either gotten fucked on their deals or fucked their franchises

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Yeah I wouldn’t say Harper is the problem, it seems be the same problem it’s been for years with the Phillies - either the relief pitchers blow it or the bats go cold. Sucks how they’ve been this year, that home opener had a crowd energy not seen in years. Now they’re becoming the Flyers of Baseball.

NortheastPhilly

Shock Jock
Yeah I wouldn’t say Harper is the problem, it seems be the same problem it’s been for years with the Phillies - either the relief pitchers blow it or the bats go cold. Sucks how they’ve been this year, that home opener had a crowd energy not seen in years. Now they’re becoming the Flyers of Baseball.
If your farm system is nonexistent, you cant just patch together a few big signings to solve the problem. The reason the Braves are so good is there’s always a minor leaguer ready to step up. They won a World Series without Acuna.
Meanwhile, whenever a single Phillie gets hurt they are fucked.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
If your farm system is nonexistent, you cant just patch together a few big signings to solve the problem. The reason the Braves are so good is there’s always a minor leaguer ready to step up. They won a World Series without Acuna.
That’s very true, the Braves seemed to have figured out the farm system because it’s been solid since back to the 90s I think.

fusciasomething

Jacques De Gautier
They also got hot at the right time which is paramount in baseball playoffs. The Braves really are an impressive operation though

fusciasomething

Jacques De Gautier
If any of their executives read that last sentence they may kill themselves

G

Screenshot_20220607-193141_Brave.jpg

[URL unfurl="true"]https://www.npr.org/2022/06/06/1103303679/tampa-bay-rays-rainbow-logo-pride-night[/URL]

Yeah I'm sure baseball fans are real heartbroken about it. Because when you're watching a ballgame, you really need to be reminded that there's men that like dicks in their shitter. The Rays have to be the faggiest team in baseball, crying about guns and every trendy political issue like anyone cares. Does any other team do this shit to that degree?

G

They won the fawkin World Series as soon as he left haha holee shiiit
Everyone acted like they liked him but we always knew he was a shithead.

I remember when he was a rookie and Cole Hamels drilled him for no reason other than he was a cocky bitch. Even back then I thought it was funny.

[URL unfurl="true"]https://www.latimes.com/sports/la-xpm-2012-may-07-la-sp-sn-cole-hamels-bryce-harper-20120507-story.html[/URL]