Official ONAFORUMS baseball thread

Monk

Tony La Russa's batting order today: Garcia(.194), Robert(.290), Moncada(.138), Abreu(.250), Sheets(.203), Grandal(.160), Vaughn(.274), McGuire(.202), Harrison(.167)

Kill me

“The Negro Leagues have always been major leagues”

No, they weren’t. You can acknowledge that something was wrong and unfair, without rewriting history.

Do these faggots realize that this completely erases Jackie Robinson as the first black major league baseball player?
They love to pretend that the once the color barrier was broken a slew of negroes came in a took over the American and National Leagues. In reality only a handful of players were talented enough to play in the big leagues. You'd think Satchel Paige could throw 120 mph and an eye to toes curveball the way he's remembered, when this very same site has his career WAR including the Negro Leagues at 47.5 - somewhere between 1/3rd to 1/4th of Walter Johnson and Cy Young's career 163+ WAR. MC Serch podcast alumni Roger Clemens spent his entire career pitching to roided out monsters and his WAR is 139, 3x higher than the "greatest pitcher ever."

Jackie Robinson was also out at home plate in his career highlight play.

Tony La Russa's batting order today: Garcia(.194), Robert(.290), Moncada(.138), Abreu(.250), Sheets(.203), Grandal(.160), Vaughn(.274), McGuire(.202), Harrison(.167)

Kill me
The Yankees lineup has been pretty brutal all year. I'd rather spray raid in my eyes than watch an Aaron Hicks or Joey Gallo at bat, the rest of the guys aren't much better.

They love to pretend that the once the color barrier was broken a slew of negroes came in a took over the American and National Leagues. In reality only a handful of players were talented enough to play in the big leagues. You'd think Satchel Paige could throw 120 mph and an eye to toes curveball the way he's remembered, when this very same site has his career WAR including the Negro Leagues at 47.5 - somewhere between 1/3rd to 1/4th of Walter Johnson and Cy Young's career 163+ WAR. MC Serch podcast alumni Roger Clemens spent his entire career pitching to roided out monsters and his WAR is 139, 3x higher than the "greatest pitcher ever."

A slew of blacks didnt take over the league right away, but put some respect on Satchels name (which ironically he got because he’s a nigger that stole old ladys satchels). Baseball didnt integrate until he was 42 years old and he was an all-star at age 47. And this was back when being 47 meant you were basically 70, in the golden age of baseball no less.
Im sick of white guilt as much as the next guy but he got robbed of a potentially goated career

A slew of blacks didnt take over the league right away, but put some respect on Satchels name (which ironically he got because he’s a nigger that stole old ladys satchels). Baseball didnt integrate until he was 42 years old and he was an all-star at age 47. And this was back when being 47 meant you were basically 70, in the golden age of baseball no less.
Im sick of white guilt as much as the next guy but he got robbed of a potentially goated career
He would have had a good career, no disagreement there. My point is there seems to be more myth than truth to him these days.

Monk

In the stats that are recorded, Paige only has a total of 1700 IP. Johnson has 5900. The Negro Leagues didn't play as many games and a lot of Paige's career was spent barnstorming plus playing in various leagues throughout Latin America. He has a 5.4 WAR/162. Nowhere near as good as Walter Johnson's 7.4 WAR/162 but still well above the HoF average of 4.5 WAR/162. Paige, in his 40s, had a 3.3 WAR/162 in his MLB career.

Gallo literally will strike out, walk, or hit a home run.
He actually cannot hit anything above his thighs because his awful uppercut swing. I don't think I've seen him make contact on anything at the top of the zone this year. Just not a major league player.

Hicks on the other hand swings out of his shoes at every single pitch regardless of the situation and count. A week ago he hit a ball that would have been a double play but they had shifted and there was no one at second to take it. I saw a tweet where someone said "Hicks hits into a double play but the Rays had shifted. If I was shifting against Hicks I'd pull everyone off the field and watch him strikeout." And whoever is autistic enough to calculate this discovered that he is batting a stellar .000 in the 7th inning or later when the Yankees are down by 2 runs 1 run or tied. He's not the least talented guy I've ever seen, but he is far and away the worst baseball player I've ever seen.

In the stats that are recorded, Paige only has a total of 1700 IP. Johnson has 5900. The Negro Leagues didn't play as many games and a lot of Paige's career was spent barnstorming plus playing in various leagues throughout Latin America. He has a 5.4 WAR/162. Nowhere near as good as Walter Johnson's 7.4 WAR/162 but still well above the HoF average of 4.5 WAR/162. Paige, in his 40s, had a 3.3 WAR/162 in his MLB career.
I realized that after I finished. Too many of those years he only pitched a few games so it's tough to tell and the years where he had a full workload weren't godly. And this was done against a handful of good players and a bunch of bums. As I said, he was good and probably would have been good had he been allowed to plays with the whites, but he didn't walk on water.

Regardless of his career workload, a 46 year old coon was old and crusty and he was still lights out and getting MVP votes. There was plenty of myth-making in sports back in the day (I go pretty fawkin deep with the NFL Films) but I just think if anyone deserves it its him.
Wilt Chamberlain banging 13 broads a night for 23 years is horseshit

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Wont see Girardi no more, but nothings gonna change. Team is so flawed from top to bottom and doomed for mediocrity.

ThiS LinEUp iS lEgENDarY. Yeah and our 3rd baseman literally throws half of the groundballs into the stands
Yeah the Phillies have been hard to watch, one of the highest payrolls in baseball and they shit the bed. Hard to believe they haven’t made the playoffs in over 10 years.