Many saints SUCKED

Gay Faggot.

I am Dan.
All this remember when reminds me of the awful The Wire characters as kids clips they did for the DVD bonus features back in the day.

Omar was a morally just robber even as a child, child. I'm sorry you're so stupid, I can't help you.

I’ve never heard of this and I already think the wire was a bit over rated. Omar being the best part by far. I’m not watching it but I wish I still didn’t know it existed.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Ray Liotta is kind of a shitty actor. I like him in Cop Land. He plays a good cokehead because he is one.

I had Wild Hogs on DVD for some reason and he plays the bad guy in it. In the outtakes, you see him doing his method acting bullshit and being a prick to everyone. There's a part where Tim Allen fucks up a take by ad libbing a joke that everyone enjoyed but Ray Liotta has to act like his hard ass character and basically threatens him over it. Everyone looks at him like "This is a dipshit Disney movie, chill out." Tim Allen just looks him in the eyes and laughs at him.

bombvest

Ray Liotta is kind of a shitty actor. I like him in Cop Land. He plays a good cokehead because he is one.

I had Wild Hogs on DVD for some reason and he plays the bad guy in it. In the outtakes, you see him doing his method acting bullshit and being a prick to everyone. There's a part where Tim Allen fucks up a take by ad libbing a joke that everyone enjoyed but Ray Liotta has to act like his hard ass character and basically threatens him over it. Everyone looks at him like "This is a dipshit Disney movie, chill out." Tim Allen just looks him in the eyes and laughs at him.
too bad Tim Allen didn't spin Liotta around and say: I can method too. let me show you something I learned in prison.

Dummy Gaynuts

Pookie-pie water-pig
All this remember when reminds me of the awful The Wire characters as kids clips they did for the DVD bonus features back in the day.

Omar was a morally just robber even as a child, child. I'm sorry you're so stupid, I can't help you.

the wire is the most overrated show in existence. I've watched the entirety of it multiple times and it's an entertaining crime show. That's all it is

AwfulManTitTankTop

"AnTi-swaTTing laws"
the wire is the most overrated show in existence. I've watched the entirety of it multiple times and it's an entertaining crime show. That's all it is
I know David Simon is a monumental fucking faggot but I still think The Wire was a masterpiece. It's not perfect but I think it's more than an entertaining crime show. I consider Law and Order to be an entertaining crime show. Cops good criminals bad. It's hammy and formulaic and retarded but it's entertaining.

The Wire humanizes both cops and drug dealers. You end up loving and hating people on either side of the war. And while the show is a critique of the war on drugs, they also legalize drugs in one season, and things just get worse. If The Wire got made in 2021 it'd be fucking terrible. It'd be racist white cops against the poor black people who just wanna sell enough crack to get their younger sibling into college. Then they're out the game. And the only reason they're even in the game is cuz of white people. It'd be a pandering oversimplification of a very complex issue that The Wire dissects and portrays very realistically while also admitting there's no real cut and dry solution to it. The last season in particular gets kind of retarded with the McNulty serial killer shit but the finale redeems a lot of that in my book. They managed to stick the landing, unlike a lot of TV shows that start strong and either go on for too long or lose sight of what made them great in the first place. And it ends on a very realistic note. Nothing is really solved. People die, get fired, go to prison, and a new crop come up to replace them.

One thing I will knock it for is that it is definitely a slow burn. The pilot doesn't grab you like other shows. But once it hooks you it hooks you.

I think Breaking Bad is way more overrated. It's a great show with a great pilot episode but there's a cheapness to it that always kept it from joining that top tier to me.

Dummy Gaynuts

Pookie-pie water-pig
I know David Simon is a monumental fucking faggot but I still think The Wire was a masterpiece. It's not perfect but I think it's more than an entertaining crime show. I consider Law and Order to be an entertaining crime show. Cops good criminals bad. It's hammy and formulaic and retarded but it's entertaining.

The Wire humanizes both cops and drug dealers. You end up loving and hating people on either side of the war. And while the show is a critique of the war on drugs, they also legalize drugs in one season, and things just get worse. If The Wire got made in 2021 it'd be fucking terrible. It'd be racist white cops against the poor black people who just wanna sell enough crack to get their younger sibling into college. Then they're out the game. And the only reason they're even in the game is cuz of white people. It'd be a pandering oversimplification of a very complex issue that The Wire dissects and portrays very realistically while also admitting there's no real cut and dry solution to it. The last season in particular gets kind of retarded with the McNulty serial killer shit but the finale redeems a lot of that in my book. They managed to stick the landing, unlike a lot of TV shows that start strong and either go on for too long or lose sight of what made them great in the first place. And it ends on a very realistic note. Nothing is really solved. People die, get fired, go to prison, and a new crop come up to replace them.

One thing I will knock it for is that it is definitely a slow burn. The pilot doesn't grab you like other shows. But once it hooks you it hooks you.

I think Breaking Bad is way more overrated. It's a great show with a great pilot episode but there's a cheapness to it that always kept it from joining that top tier to me.
there is nothing mind-blowing about the Wire, the gray area of police and criminals has been a subject in entertainment since forever. The Wire is the TV equivalent of watching two hood niggers in a park play chess.