WWAW losing $433,000 on your "Compound"

JebJoh

You are clearly not from the area and have no idea what it's like to live in Manhattan. You can't just leave your car on the street for weeks at a time. lmao..
I lived in manhattan for 12 years with 2 cars and a motorcycle, never paid to park either car, paid $100 per month to keep the bike inside. Every now and then I had to get the cars moved for alternate side parking but mostly I'd drive the one that needed to be moved every day. I refused to hand over $65 to nyc for fucking parking tickets at home and I also was never going to pay the 18% taxes on a $300 parking spot every month only tourists and bridge and tunnel people do that. City people pay enough to NYC already without giving them money for nothing.

There was a move a while back that required developers to include parking for each apartment they were building under or around their building, it got killed everywhere except the Bronx because the city needs that ticket money and the parking taxes

I don't really get how this is possible.

Little ranch houses in the tri-state area owned by mailmen jumped up in price and are worth a million.

Real estate in that area has been a vurry safe investment. Is it because all of his tacky add-ons and personalized shit made it undesirable?

Prices in Long Island and New Jersey are lower than in comparable areas because the taxes are so high.

You see something similar with condos on the Vegas strip: you can get a condo on the strip for $400,000 (a mortgage of $80 a day) even though houses just a mile or two away cost a million. They're cheap on the strip because the HOAs are unbelievably high, sometimes upwards of $1000 a month.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
I find this behind-the-scenes radio shit fascinating. If you ever write a book about this, I'll read it. Question: how do you think it might have played out if Stern never went to satellite? I realize he would have left a mountain of money on the table (and there's no way he'd have ever done THAT), but IMO the move to pay radio just killed his relevancy.
If Stern retired in 2005 then he would have been culturally dead. As all of his listeners would have immediately gone straight to O&A. And they would have ended their shock jock fandom with a decade of O&A. It would have destroyed Howard's legacy. He had to go to satellite to directly compete with O&A basically if he wanted to maintain his image. Imagine a decade of paranoid maniac Stern sitting in his home alone with his 500 cats while O&A rip on him and goof on him without a gag order. He would not have been able to take it.

And the money that Buchwald and Karmazin threw at him was insane. Over $1billion and probably not even generating close to half of that for Sirius or Sirius-XM. Has to be one of the worst contracts in entertainment history. When people talk about box office bombs I would bet that Howard's satellite radio career if it were a movie would be in the top ten bombs of all time. Maybe the worst of all time.
But the reality is that as soon as he moved to satellite, he essentially banished himself to relative obscurity, as no one really gives a shit about satellite radio. So would he be better off right now, or worse off?
O&A were still doing fine on XM and CBS simulcast. They had lots of listeners. And a good chunk of the fans today seem to be from 2015 and onward. So the show has some staying power. Howard became obscure because his show was on four days a week with ten weeks of vacation. Then three days a week with twenty weeks of vacation. He never broadcasts or does any shows. He killed himself more than just being on satellite ended his career in terms of relevancy.

People can argue that moving to satellite hurt Howard. Or getting rid of Artie. But it was moving to doing three days a week and taking the majority of weeks off for vacation that killed his brand. Howard used to say over and over "if you want to work in radio you need to work five days a week because the audience expects it". It was one of the main points he drove home in his books. There is no consistency anymore.
Ant had to pay for the divorce but there really shouldn't be a huge gulf in earnings and yet there clearly is.
Gambling. Sports betting. House upgrades. Luxury vacations. Stock market plays. Brother Joe's allowance. Payoffs to Keith and various detectives. Renting supercars. Totaling his own cars. Throwing massive catered Compound parties a few times. Plus any sort of business deals that we don't know about where he might have lost some millions.

And we know that Opie and Anthony had it in their contracts to be paid the same amount. So Anthony pissed away dozens of millions to end up where he is today.
If any of it is true. Dude is a compulsive liar and makes things up to seem like he's "in the know".
Oy vey!

If Stern retired in 2005 then he would have been culturally dead. As all of his listeners would have immediately gone straight to O&A. And they would have ended their shock jock fandom with a decade of O&A. It would have destroyed Howard's legacy. He had to go to satellite to directly compete with O&A basically if he wanted to maintain his image. Imagine a decade of paranoid maniac Stern sitting in his home alone with his 500 cats while O&A rip on him and goof on him without a gag order. He would not have been able to take it.

And the money that Buchwald and Karmazin threw at him was insane. Over $1billion and probably not even generating close to half of that for Sirius or Sirius-XM. Has to be one of the worst contracts in entertainment history. When people talk about box office bombs I would bet that Howard's satellite radio career if it were a movie would be in the top ten bombs of all time. Maybe the worst of all time.

O&A were still doing fine on XM and CBS simulcast. They had lots of listeners. And a good chunk of the fans today seem to be from 2015 and onward. So the show has some staying power. Howard became obscure because his show was on four days a week with ten weeks of vacation. Then three days a week with twenty weeks of vacation. He never broadcasts or does any shows. He killed himself more than just being on satellite ended his career in terms of relevancy.

People can argue that moving to satellite hurt Howard. Or getting rid of Artie. But it was moving to doing three days a week and taking the majority of weeks off for vacation that killed his brand. Howard used to say over and over "if you want to work in radio you need to work five days a week because the audience expects it". It was one of the main points he drove home in his books. There is no consistency anymore.

Gambling. Sports betting. House upgrades. Luxury vacations. Stock market plays. Brother Joe's allowance. Payoffs to Keith and various detectives. Renting supercars. Totaling his own cars. Throwing massive catered Compound parties a few times. Plus any sort of business deals that we don't know about where he might have lost some millions.

And we know that Opie and Anthony had it in their contracts to be paid the same amount. So Anthony pissed away dozens of millions to end up where he is today.

Oy vey!
Just strictly from an entertainment standpoint, there were two things Howard lost when he moved to satellite. One was the fact that when he was on FM, the show was free. It aired every weekday, and anyone with a radio could hear it. And two, a huge part of the show's appeal was "pushing the boundaries" re: what he could and could not say and do on FM. It seemed "edgy". Moving to satellite killed those two aspects of the show. You had to pay for a subscription, and you needed new equipment just to hear it. And he didn't need to worry (as much) about being censored, which may have seemed like a big plus on paper, but really wasn't in practice. It just wasn't worth a monthly fee just to hear Howard say "fuck" whenever he liked. No one was really clamoring for that.

And yeah, I see the fags in the retarded Stern subreddit bitching constantly about his lengthy vacations, shorter hours and etc. And since COVID he's literally phoning it in every day, or whenever he's actually live. And apparently, a lot of listeners believe much of the show is pre-recorded now, too.

JebJoh

He gave up most of his listeners to go to Sirius, he was only using Sirius and retirement as bargaining ploys during his contract negotiations, CBS really should have paid him what he wanted, and probably would have eventually because their entire station survived on howard's show. Once he was gone they had nothing. I'm sure Sirius knew that and just made an offer that blew everyone out of the water because XM was so much better at the time.

It was either that or let XM drive sirius out of business. Their bullshit sub numbers weren't believable so their ad revenue was shit. At least with Howard they could lie about their numbers and people didn't laugh at them. Somehow they got the best deal from the car manufacturers so XM radios had to be installed, but XM was still beating them by a mile.

After his monster contract then lawsuit Sirius/XM no longer had to worry about howard jumping ship so they cut their offers way down. Either to save face or just because thats what he wanted, howard countered with working fewer days for the lower pay so every time they cut his pay he added more vacation time and shorter weeks.

According to Opie he held out on the last contract and got a few hundred thousand more than Nana, never heard that story before today so I don't know if it is true.

lowend73

never caught lackin
Where have I defended him. Once again, you mistakenly conflate shitting on Opie with defending Anthony. I went to the cops about the fucking guy how is that defending him. I was asked to make a statement by the victims family and so I did. Comedically, Opie is the least funny person on his own show. That's not even up for debate.

You wouldn't. You would pay for a monthly parking spot in your building so you don't have your side mirrors stolen every few weeks. This isn't Glastonbury or Hamshire or whatever fucking podunk euro city you live in, this is Manhattan.

Ride his dick harder bro, we aren't convinced you're in love yet.
Oh shit, he wants all the smoke!

HH, response?

JebJoh

Yep. Half way there, pally.
10 years to write half a book? Half a book that might interest 15 people? Even nana's book didn't sell 300 copies and he was part of the show. What could you possibly write about that would attract readers to a book about a defunct radio show? If you were willing to sell copies of the police report you filed about nana diddling a 13 year old, I'd buy that before a book about the show

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
I don't really get how this is possible.

Little ranch houses in the tri-state area owned by mailmen jumped up in price and are worth a million.

Real estate in that area has been a vurry safe investment. Is it because all of his tacky add-ons and personalized shit made it undesirable?
i'd guess to a person who has that kinda money to spend on a house most of that stuff seems tacky. Ive been in houses worth 1 million plus in the city I grew up in (much less expensive than the tri state area) and they had things like humidors, wine cellars stuff like that, though some did have home theaters. They were basically nice houses that had expensive extras that made them better status symbols. And even the most expensive places in that suburb were owned by guys who were MLB/NFL players.

Nobody wants Wopula's house because they have no use for a studio, or a stage for karaoke and a pool they can only use from maybe late April through Late September in New York. People with that kind of money have vacation homes further south or at least at the beach on the Shore they go to for that kind of fun. And they'd want to customize their own home for the features they want, not buy one that's built to Ant's specific needs. It's the same as JoeH refusing to separate the pedals on the equipment he's selling. Neither of the dumb dagos can understand that what They want isn't in line with that everyone else does. It must have been humiliating for Ant to have to lower the price to be able to sell after years of bragging how pimp his house was.

Also Roslyn had for a time one of the best school districts in the country, so it shouldn't be that hard to find someone wanting to buy into the area, which again shows how stupidly he spent when he upgraded the house.

JebJoh

i'd guess to a person who has that kinda money to spend on a house most of that stuff seems tacky. Ive been in houses worth 1 million plus in the city I grew up in (much less expensive than the tri state area) and they had things like humidors, wine cellars stuff like that, though some did have home theaters. They were basically nice houses that had expensive extras that made them better status symbols. And even the most expensive places in that suburb were owned by guys who were MLB/NFL players.

Nobody wants Wopula's house because they have no use for a studio, or a stage for karaoke and a pool they can only use from maybe late April through Late September in New York. People with that kind of money have vacation homes further south or at least at the beach on the Shore they go to for that kind of fun. And they'd want to customize their own home for the features they want, not buy one that's built to Ant's specific needs. It's the same as JoeH refusing to separate the pedals on the equipment he's selling. Neither of the dumb dagos can understand that what They want isn't in line with that everyone else does. It must have been humiliating for Ant to have to lower the price to be able to sell after years of bragging how pimp his house was.

Also Roslyn had for a time one of the best school districts in the country, so it shouldn't be that hard to find someone wanting to buy into the area, which again shows how stupidly he spent when he upgraded the house.
One thing that is clear by all of the upgrades he added to the overpriced house is that he intended to live there forever. Nobody buys a house for the upgrades and nobody cares how much you spent on your home theater, especially when they plan to rip it out and make it into an office.

So his bullshit stories are just that, he was forced to sell that house for financial reasons. If he could have held it for 2 more years, he could have gotten 2.7 for it, houses that sold for 1.9 back in 2020 are now going for 2.5 in that neighborhood. Some brand new mansions are now selling for over 3 million. If he could have afforded to, he would have at least held on to the house and waited for an upswing in the market that would cut half a million from his loss.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Where have I defended him. Once again, you mistakenly conflate shitting on Opie with defending Anthony. I went to the cops about the fucking guy how is that defending him. I was asked to make a statement by the victims family and so I did. Comedically, Opie is the least funny person on his own show. That's not even up for debate.

You wouldn't. You would pay for a monthly parking spot in your building so you don't have your side mirrors stolen every few weeks. This isn't Glastonbury or Hamshire or whatever fucking podunk euro city you live in, this is Manhattan.

Fag ^

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan

Nobody is riding Opie's dick, you retard. He's demonstrably better off financially than Ant. It's not even debatable. He has less revenue on his stream than Ant on his network, but his overhead is basically zero while Ant spends as much or more than he makes, while personally wasting large amount of a money. Why do faggots like you always brag about living in Manhattan or adjacent when for that same amount of expense you could live a massively better lifestyle anywhere else? Living in Manhattan is only a brag when you are rich enough to live well, like Opie. Nobody is fooled by your Jew word magic, if he's a loser for having a multi million dollar apartment and not having garage parking, what does that make you when you live in a wage cage and have no net worth?

Edit: and hes not leaving his car on the street for weeks at a time you dummy. he's taking it to the hamptons when he is living out there. even if he had a garage spot he's not parking it there and taking the long island railroad to his beach house, you dummy.

Last edited: