wrestling is gay but it used to be cool

G

One of my clearest memories from when I was young is being at the Raw where Terry Funk debuted as Chainsaw Charlie, cutting his way out of the box. It was my older brothers birthday and we snuck over to next to the ramp right before that because at the time I loved mankind/cactus Jack and he liked the New age outlaws. Terry Funk came out and I got scared of the chainsaw and ran off i was like 5 and my brother couldn’t find me for a while haha

Edit: just went and looked it up and found my brother and his friend in the video. I was hoping you could see me screaming, pissy eyed and running away in it smhView attachment 62500

Haha that’s amazing! A little while ago i watched that dumpster match between Cactus/Funk against the New Age Outlaws. That was a great memorable match.

G

One of my clearest memories from when I was young is being at the Raw where Terry Funk debuted as Chainsaw Charlie, cutting his way out of the box. It was my older brothers birthday and we snuck over to next to the ramp right before that because at the time I loved mankind/cactus Jack and he liked the New age outlaws. Terry Funk came out and I got scared of the chainsaw and ran off i was like 5 and my brother couldn’t find me for a while haha

Edit: just went and looked it up and found my brother and his friend in the video. I was hoping you could see me screaming, pissy eyed and running away in it smhView attachment 62500

JR is amazing, “There’s people in there, there’s people in there! What the hell is so great about that?!”

[MEDIA=youtube]zo8m2VkHCAM[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=youtube]tp2Vut7SGFE[/MEDIA]

G

JR is amazing, “There’s people in there, there’s people in there! What the hell is so great about that?!”

[MEDIA=youtube]zo8m2VkHCAM[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=youtube]tp2Vut7SGFE[/MEDIA]
JR during those years was so fucking good. Everything he did sounded so big, important, and legitimate. He always sounded so disgusted by heel antics, he sold it so well and full of venom. He is the greatest to ever do it. At his best there is no one better. None.

G

JR during those years was so fucking good. Everything he did sounded so big, important, and legitimate. He always sounded so disgusted by heel antics, he sold it so well and full of venom. He is the greatest to ever do it. At his best there is no one better. None.

This is going to sound so gay but sometimes i get goosebumps and tears in my eyes cause of his commentary, that’s how good he was. He was really a big part of getting people and angles over. He made us really believe. You’re right, he was the greatest, i loved Monsoon and Heenan as a duo but JR truly was the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

This is going to sound so gay but sometimes i get goosebumps and tears in my eyes cause of his commentary, that’s how good he was. He was really a big part of getting people and angles over. He made us really believe.
I agree, no homo. There’s definitely a few calls from him that do that to me too. One off the top of my head is the Jeff Hardy ladder match with the Undertaker.

CLIMB THE LADDER, KID! MAKE YOURSELF FAMOUS! @ 14:28
[MEDIA=youtube]F_ANV_KiB9Q[/MEDIA]

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
Vader was supposedly the most hated wrestler on the entire roster. Because he would hit you as hard as he possibly could. All of his punches were real and he'd jump on you and slam you without absorbing any of the force. For some reason he was just a huge asshole. I think he was one of the guys where they would take shits in his locker and his gym bag all of the time when he was in the ring during a match.
I don't know about most hated but he was known for being rough. He also barely washed his gear when he was on the road so that got him some heat.

Disco Inferno said that on his first day in WCW, Paul Orndorff beat the fuck out of Van Vader in the locker room.

Riccardo Bosi

watches seasons 3-9 all the time, child.
Disco Inferno said that on his first day in WCW, Paul Orndorff beat the fuck out of Van Vader in the locker room.
While Orndorff was wearing flip flops because they were in a dirty mens' locker room or some shit. No shame there though, Orndorff was a tough fuck. He still wrestled in like, 99 or 2000 when his arm had atrophied.

wcw_fallbrawl2000_orndorff.jpg

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
I listen to both and agree with you 100%. Only used to watch AEW segments for MJF and later Punks parts, they might’ve killed me watching entirely with that Punk/Moxley thing this past week. That was nearly as bad as the WCW finger poke of doom, maybe one notch better. I don’t really care where it leads to, I doubt I’ll be watching again after seeing that.
Punk going to the UFC was the worst decision in the world. It would be like Austin fighting in the Brawl for All and getting knocked out by Bob Holly or Godfather.

Prior to that, people looked at Punk as a good in ring performer and a fantastic shit talker. Once he got exposed by a tomato can in his hometown, it became pretty apparent he is basically a smart mark who broke into wrestling and was able to leverage his natural charisma to be successful. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Punk in AEW was never going to meaningfully move the needle, especially with Tony Khan (who may be a virgin) as creative lead. The only interesting thing about Punk is he's married to AJ Lee.

dqyooh4n6vj81.jpg

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
While Orndorff was wearing flip flops because they were in a dirty mens' locker room or some shit. No shame there though, Orndorff was a tough fuck. He still wrestled in like, 99 or 2000 when his arm had atrophied.
I think you're right. If nothing else, I think it's a testament to how tough Orndorff was, being able to beat down on Van Vader in flip flops.

Orndorff was a real ass dude and based as fuck. I heard a story where he took a serious injury in a match and all the young guys who he was training at the time were thrilled because he beat up on them so bad. He was a classic example of when wrestling was full of tough guys.

I could not imagine what the WCW locker room was like back in the day with guys like the Steiner brothers, Stevie Ray, Haku, Ron Simmons, etc. They just don't make em like that anymore.

Riccardo Bosi

Punk going to the UFC was the worst decision in the world.
Which is weird because he would have actually flourished as a commentator or interviewer, because his talent at that is undeniable. Joe Rogan called him untalented as a fighter, and he really is. Apparently Teddy Hart nearly beat the fuck out of him irl.

I could not imagine what the WCW locker room was like back in the day with guys like the Steiner brothers, Stevie Ray, Haku, Ron Simmons, etc. They just don't make em like that anymore.
Rick Rude and Harley Race, too.

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
Which is weird because he would have actually flourished as a commentator or interviewer, because his talent at that is undeniable. Joe Rogan called him untalented as a fighter, and he really is. Apparently Teddy Hart nearly beat the fuck out of him irl.

Rick Rude and Harley Race, too.
He is untalented, which is fine. The only reason he got involved in MMA was because he did that Colt Cabana podcast where he mentioned he was doing jiu jitsu.

Teddy did beat the fuck out of him. I think it was because Punk was being unreasonable and Teddy called him out for it. Teddy's also nuts so who knows what the story is there.

ShutYourCakeHorn

Gassers/Say "Cookie" Alt
Vader was supposedly the most hated wrestler on the entire roster. Because he would hit you as hard as he possibly could. All of his punches were real and he'd jump on you and slam you without absorbing any of the force. For some reason he was just a huge asshole. I think he was one of the guys where they would take shits in his locker and his gym bag all of the time when he was in the ring during a match.
He also didn't wash his wrestling gear.

But all the stories i heard of him made him out to be a big sensitive teddy bear, not a asshole.

Last edited:

Riccardo Bosi

He is untalented, which is fine. The only reason he got involved in MMA was because he did that Colt Cabana podcast where he mentioned he was doing jiu jitsu.
Yeah, I remember that! He said something like, "well, if Dave Batista can do it and win, then so can I" and it's like... yeah, Batista actually has the discipline to work out and look like a god. Punk never had that work ethic.

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
Yeah, I remember that! He said something like, "well, if Dave Batista can do it and win, then so can I" and it's like... yeah, Batista actually has the discipline to work out and look like a god. Punk never had that work ethic.
I completely forgot about Batista’s fight. Even then, Strikeforce knew well enough to put him up against an old fat guy who had like 35 fights under his belt and was never going to go for takedowns.

UFC put Punk against a guy who was like 10+ years younger and fought in a weight class that actually used takedowns. There was no earthly way Punk was going to win that fight unless they paid Mickey Gall to take a dive.

ShutYourCakeHorn

Gassers/Say "Cookie" Alt
I completely forgot about Batista’s fight. Even then, Strikeforce knew well enough to put him up against an old fat guy who had like 35 fights under his belt and was never going to go for takedowns.

UFC put Punk against a guy who was like 10+ years younger and fought in a weight class that actually used takedowns. There was no earthly way Punk was going to win that fight unless they paid Mickey Gall to take a dive.
Punk wouldn't have won against a guy in a wheelchair, he has no fighting skills whatsoever, he's a faggot of the highest order.

It's also ironic that a guy who's straight edge looks like your stereotypical meth addict.

636641819814965094-USATSI-10884201.jpg

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
Punk wouldn't have won against a guy in a wheelchair, he has no fighting skills whatsoever, he's a faggot of the highest order.

It's also ironic that a guy who's straight edge looks like your stereotypical meth addict.

View attachment 62512
Great points all around. Meanwhile the guys who actually did hardcore drugs like Kurt Angle and Perry Saturn looked healthier lol

Riccardo Bosi

View attachment 62512
The stupid faggot took Bryan Danielson's advice and went vegan... golly, what could go wrong by not eating meat and eggs like God intended?
Oh right, you take it up the arse. Lot of good those tattoos did.