Where we at with the Dave Meltzer?

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
I can't believe I was tricked into clicking on a wrestling thread like this.

If you are a kid it's fine to like. Any adult watching or even doing it is a massive fucker loser

I don't understand the ones who watch it regularly.

But reading up on the history, the lengths they went to keep the public fooled, and the crazy behind the scenes stories? Now that is entertaining, and I respect the art of the performance when it's done right.

Some people have true crime books, I'm amused by this.

I don't understand the ones who watch it regularly.

But reading up on the history, the lengths they went to keep the public fooled, and the crazy behind the scenes stories? Now that is entertaining, and I respect the art of the performance when it's done right.

Some people have true crime books, I'm amused by this.
Just admit you like wrestling. A strangers opinion on the internet isn't a big deal.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Just admit you like wrestling. A strangers opinion on the internet isn't a big deal.

I'm not denying I do necessarily. You won't catch me avidly watching anything modern though, but the older stuff I've enjoyed.

I'm open here about it, I had a buddy who tape traded, that's how I caught World of Sport, old WWF and NWA. It's like athletic performance art, but again, only when it's done right.

Now excuse me while I go bite a pillow.

Imager

Gen Z Boss And A Mini
Every year I watch Wrestlemania. But I usually fast forward it after it airs. This year I watched it live. It's just very bizarre now.

First, there are tons of moves that are basically, I'm going to grab you and then fall down backwards so that your face hits the mat. As a viewer, it's just not obvious at all in any way which person this move is supposed to hurt.

And everything is just gymnastics now. There's just high spot, high spot, finisher, kick out, finisher, kick out, etc. It takes all the suspense out as a viewer.

I think there's basically no saving it anytime soon. People who watched in the 80s and 90s will have to die off, and then someone will rediscover old wrestling and do similar storylines for that audience. Wrestling is dead, and even if you think it's for children and kids, the fact is when it was done for adults it's one of the most entertaining things out there.

G

Why, because you can identify with him?

View attachment 42365

Wouldn’t mind a piece of that Marlena though..

1652888257922.jpeg

Imager

Gen Z Boss And A Mini
Wouldn’t mind a piece of that Marlena though..

View attachment 42570
Apparently Dustin simped for Marlena there. On the plane ride from Hell, he was drunk and essentially started begging her to take him back over the plane's PA system. This picture does not surprise me at all.

settle down, grizzled vet in every indy locker room....btw, you forgot to end that sentence with ", brother".
I also forgot to mention what "the bottom line" is. I'll never be like Sam Roberts.

Riccardo Bosi

watches seasons 3-9 all the time, child.
And everything is just gymnastics now. There's just high spot, high spot, finisher, kick out, finisher, kick out, etc. It takes all the suspense out as a viewer.

I think there's basically no saving it anytime soon. People who watched in the 80s and 90s will have to die off, and then someone will rediscover old wrestling and do similar storylines for that audience. Wrestling is dead, and even if you think it's for children and kids, the fact is when it was done for adults it's one of the most entertaining things out there.
Someone on /pw/ posted old black and white footage of wrestling from the 40s or 50s, and they were doing the same shit now: even literally putting a trampoline outside the ring and doing Cirque du Solay shit. They would eventually get wise and get legit Bruno Sammartino lookin niggas in there to draw the real dimes.

Say “Cookie”

ShutYourCakehorn/gassers Alt
I want to start watching wrestling from the 90's attitude era, never watched it before only clips on Youtube, where should i start? I have downloaded the Monday Night Raws from 97, is this a good place to start?
Start with ECW in 95-99, then watch WCW 96-99 and WWF 96-2000. The “attitude era“ was essentially Vince Russo watching ECW to copy stuff. The WCW mid-card of the 90’s was great and worth watching.

I had a friend who tape traded in the 90’s so I was able to see a lot of Japanese wrestling. I recommend FMW, New Japan and All Japan from the 90’s.