• This forum is dedicated exclusively to parody, comedy, and satirical content. None of the statements, opinions, or depictions shared on this platform should be considered or treated as factual information under any circumstances. All content is intended for entertainment purposes only and should be regarded as fictional, exaggerated, or purely the result of personal opinions and creative expression.

Please be aware that this forum may feature discussions and content related to taboo, controversial, or potentially offensive subjects. The purpose of this content is not to incite harm but to engage in satire and explore the boundaries of humor. If you are sensitive to such subjects or are easily offended, we kindly advise that you leave the forum.

Any similarities to real people, events, or situations are either coincidental or based on real-life inspirations but used within the context of fair use satire. By accepting this disclaimer, you acknowledge and understand that the content found within this forum is strictly meant for parody, satire, and entertainment. You agree not to hold the forum, its administrators, moderators, or users responsible for any content that may be perceived as offensive or inappropriate. You enter and participate in this forum at your own risk, with full awareness that everything on this platform is purely comedic, satirical, or opinion-based, and should never be taken as factual information.

If any information or discussion on this platform triggers distressing emotions or thoughts, please leave immediately and consider seeking assistance.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (USA): Phone: 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255) Website: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

Where we at with the Dave Meltzer?

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Donal Logue!
Wrestling is the stupidest thing on Earth, but it's psychologically fascinating, and Cornette is one of my favorite listens because of his encyclopedic knowledge.

Now, Dave Meltzer is someone who has made his name as a "wrestling journalist"... Which is about as self-important as saying you're the district manager of a Wal Mart, or the third lead singer of Genesis. (Cough) And he's been living off of that for years, as a guy with sources in the industry that people choose to come to, a sometime interviewer, a genuine historian almost on par with Cornette, and a critic whose reviews of matches seem to hold some kind of importance (I don't get it though).

For those of you aware of him, I just wanted to ask - what is this MushMouth idiots deal? He hosts an internet radio show but he's worse than Opie, Sam, and Brandon Schaub combined. He stammers, stutters, "ahs" and "ums" like a six year old at a grammar school talent show, tweets with a Pat-level autism and condescension, and even though I don't really watch wrestling anymore (World of Sport is long dead and NXT UK was nothing that intrigued me), I've had a taste of what he and Cornette review in AEW, and I mostly side with Jim here, that show is completely awful. For every good moment of psychology, I mainly feel I'm watching a gymnastics exhibition. Even the old videos of Dynamite Kid and Shawn Michaels had some fucking psychology to the matches.

Torch me or add your opinion, I'm genuinely curious.

ShutYourCakeHorn

Gassers/Say "Cookie" Alt
Retarded autist, nice pointless star system, stupid.

Faggots like him have been a big part of wrestling losing it's mystique, everything has to be reported, there is no theater of the mind left anymore.

He's also one of these fuckers who cares more about the gymnastics instead of story and characters, if i want to see gymnastics i go to the fucking circus.

ShutYourCakeHorn

Gassers/Say "Cookie" Alt
I love Jim Cornette. I haven't watched wrestling in over 20 years but I listen to his podcast all the time. Dave Meltzer is a knowledgeable guy about history but he's a pretentious fag.
I love Cornette for his wrestling knowledge, he's unmatched in that, his political rants are fucking retarded though, dumb brain watched boomer in that respect.

I couldn't give a rat's ass about wrestling but I do like to listen to Cornette's rants from time to time. Jim's belief is that moves should have weight to them and should matter. If someone takes a Rock Bottom off the top rope then that should be the end of the match, not result in an immediate kick out and a further exchange of huge moves before a rollup wins the match. The guys in the ring are supposed to tell a story and that's just bad story telling.

My brother likes watching AEW botches and will send them to me. I see a lot of dumb moves that make no sense, like I can tell the other guy is helping execute the move. Even if it's pulled off, why the fuck would anyone be entertained by something that so clearly breaks your suspension of disbelief? My understanding is that Meltzer loves that shit and I believe he's a retarded manbaby. Since wrestling is theater and not an actual competition Jim's correct.

ShutYourCakeHorn

Gassers/Say "Cookie" Alt
I couldn't give a rat's ass about wrestling but I do like to listen to Cornette's rants from time to time. Jim's belief is that moves should have weight to them and should matter. If someone takes a Rock Bottom off the top rope then that should be the end of the match, not result in an immediate kick out and a further exchange of huge moves before a rollup wins the match. The guys in the ring are supposed to tell a story and that's just bad story telling.

My brother likes watching AEW botches and will send them to me. I see a lot of dumb moves that make no sense, like I can tell the other guy is helping execute the move. Even if it's pulled off, why the fuck would anyone be entertained by something that so clearly breaks your suspension of disbelief? My understanding is that Meltzer loves that shit and I believe he's a retarded manbaby. Since wrestling is theater and not an actual competition Jim's correct.

Bret Hart was always the master of ring psychology, everything he did looked real and had a purpose, no move was wasted, the best to ever do it in my opinion.

Today's wrestlers care more about doing the most flips instead of telling a story and creating interesting characters and storylines.

Snake

I love Jim Cornette. I haven't watched wrestling in over 20 years but I listen to his podcast all the time. Dave Meltzer is a knowledgeable guy about history but he's a pretentious fag.
He lets wrestlers fuck his wife to protect the business.

jim-cornette-stacey.jpg

ShutYourCakeHorn

Gassers/Say "Cookie" Alt
Where we at with Vince Russo?
He's based, I love how angry he makes all those internet marks.

He's very underappreciated, he's a very big part of the success of the attitude era.

Sure he did go overboard sometimes but that doesn't diminish what a impact he has had on the boost in popularity during the late 90's.

Him and Vince McMahon where a perfect team, when he left for WCW he really needed someone like Vince to reign him in sometimes.

Last edited:

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
Dave Meltzer stinks and he’s a huge reason why wrestling blows now. He thinks someone doing a tombstone piledriver off the top rope 5 times makes a match great. I

The only time I ever agreed with Meltzer was when he gave the Bret Hart vs. Stone Cold double turn match 5 stars. Everything else just serves as a reminder that he still doesn’t understand the whole point of wrestling.

Riccardo Bosi

hates pedophiles and pedophile protectors
Meltzer's an idiot whose opinions are trash. His ratings for matches - I mean, I get it, I appreciate a good straight-up in-ring classic like Benoit vs. Angle over something like Al Snow vs. Bossman - but they just don't hold any water. Go back to, say, Taker vs. Austin, First Blood, Fully Loaded 1999; that match was probably nothing but kicking and punching, but it drew money, it had a dire stipulation, both guys were over and the crowd was probably red hot for it. It was probably given a shitty rating because there was no wrasslin', but who cares?

You gotta give him credit, though: he has worked many spergy smart marks into giving him their money. That's the name of the game.

Cornette is more over with wrestling fans than the wrestlers these days. Which wrestler's podcast would you listen to? I only ever listened to Jericho's and Austin's. Bischoff's was decent because he has an interesting insight, but Conrad sucks. JR's was okay but he's such a miserable fuck who acts like "poor little ol' JR got treated poorly by Vince", well why didn't you quit?

Where we at with Vince Russo?
Based. I don't agree with him 100% but he actually understands that a fast-paced television show is what draws ratings, not some 15-minute tag match that gets ***1/2. Having the so-called big stars wrestling a competitive match every single week doesn't do anybody favours, either.