What is your #1 favorite movie and don't be a faggot about it

ShutYourCakeHorn

Gassers/Say "Cookie" Alt
Sexy Beast is easily up there. Perfect film all round. Ian McShane's Teddy Bass. Underrated villain. I remembered him as this before Sexy Beast:
View attachment 45677

Shit, almost forgot about McShane, just as great as Kingsley in that movie, great actor.

Ray Winstone is also great in almost anything he's in, i love him in Nil by Mouth, another great movie, directed by Gary Oldman

Last edited:

Conehead Nigger

Black Bull Kang
the original star wars trilogy
Blade runner
Hooked
Dune
The matrix

not surprised at all the dudebros/gymbros projecting insecurities by choosing the traditionally masculine “pew pew” movies.
not everything has to be an overcompensation y’all
fedora probs - Meme by Burt :) Memedroid

G

Bottle Rocket is very underrated. Before Wes Anderson's formula became just quirkiness for quirkiness' sake and shoehorning Bill Murray into everything. Great soundtrack too.
It's really great. I love the opening with Luke Wilson fake escaping from the nut hut just to not disappoint his friend, and the inept robbery of a fucking bookstore kills me.

I'm sure this won't be a popular opinion here, but I actually enjoy the majority of Wes Anderson's work. He certainly huffs his own farts, but I think most of his movies hold up. The Life Aquatic is an exception, that one bores me to tears. And French Dispatch was pretty underwhelming as well. Darjeeling Limited is underrated as fuck though.

Zombie247

Go work. Get Sandwiches
Shit, almost forgot about McShane, just as great as Kingsley in that movie, great actor.

Ray Winstone is also great in almost anything he's in, i love him in Nil by Mouth, another great movie, directed by Gary Oldman

Nil by Mouth is a brilliant movie. I always remember this tune when the movie is ever mentioned:

Here's another Ray Winston movie. Strong performance from all. A tough movie once you get the underlining of it. Tim Roth's directirorial debut:
MV5BN2NlZTEyZTYtMGM5MS00OTlkLTk1YTgtZGY2MGQyODZlYTU0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_FMjpg_UX1...jpg

G

It's tough to name my absolute favorite, but I love Gran torino. I know, I know, but no other movie sums up the death of the working class white man that built this Nation better then this movie.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Fawk, I can't choose one all-time favorite. I've got a few, and they will probably make me sound like a pretentious dick.

Eraserhead (gun to my head, that's probably number one)
Eyes Wide Shut
Magnolia or There Will Be Blood
Blade Runner
Bottle Rocket

Oh and Airplane still makes me HOWL every time I watch it.
Excellent choice that movie still cracks me up. Why do you have tape on your nose?

Will Tate

Oven March
I don’t know why Boston became the center of the movie universe for a while, other than the stupid accents.
In the early 2000s Massachusetts instituted a bunch of tax breaks and incentives for studios to film in the state, there was a lot of hype about it at the time because it would "stimulate local economies." But then what followed were years of actors doing a shitty job of doing a shitty accent. I've only heard one actor besides Mark Wahlberg be able to actually pull it off, every other actor I've seen trying to do that accent was doing a mix of North Jersey and a bad impression of Cliff from Cheers.