What do you think fucked up society?

G

I graduated high school in 2004 and it’s fun to tell younger people there was a time schools didn’t let you use the internet as source for writing any type of history / research paper. They actually weren’t convinced the internet was a legitimate source of information and big old dust filled books in the library from the early 60s were a much better source. Little tough to write a paper on the Vietnam war or JFK when all the books available in the library were published before 1960.
Still though... They kind of had a point.

Encyclopedia Britannica wasn't biased at all. Plus back then if you wanted to learn about Nam or world war II all you had to do was ask a vet they would tell you more truth than any internet source or book would.

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
I think violent video games like GTA and Madden played a a big part
Nah I think the violent video game was more of a scapegoat to distract from bigger issues going on at the time. As many here have already said, social media really was the final nail in the coffin. I'd argue that degeneracy that was pushed mostly by reality TV and popular music in the late 2000's was the 2nd biggest contributor.

Porkys

I took his knife. He walked away with a broken arm
Fucking Boomers

Grew up with the coolest dangerous toys with no safety hazard labels, best TV shows and cartoons which they now ban because of their shitlib guilt

Became college phonies how they ended the Vietnam war MAAANNNNN with massive drug parties and irresponsible sex / children, Eastern Philosophy fads, the revolutionaries blowing up buildings became shitlib university professors preaching poison

They still think their hippie music is the shit but no stripper ever dances to it

Then the 80s its ME ME ME and my money, didn't give a fuck about banking or fraud scandals or proxy wars as long as they made out

Into middle age made a killing short selling the US auto industry, aviation, factories, constantly cutting funding for schools, didn't give a fuck about the widening gap between rich and poor

9/11 talking tough as if every war would end like Desert Storm, still don't care about the WMD lies any more than the Gulf of Tonkin lies of their day, rather forget about Iraq than learn from it

Fast forward to the upside down world now, they really believe black people love them for denouncing slavery. Delusional they think they can erdicate racism, rape, crime using their feels. Meanwhile you don't see them living or spending in the hood much unless its for a steady govt check.

Fatrick is the perfect specimen / result of their Mama Raven type platitutes and "fuck you i got mine" attitude

Be more funny Boomers you stink

G

Nah I think the violent video game was more of a scapegoat to distract from bigger issues going on at the time. As many here have already said, social media really was the final nail in the coffin. I'd argue that degeneracy that was pushed mostly by reality TV and popular music in the late 2000's was the 2nd biggest contributor.
Agreed. I think video games have been a false flag scapegoat for a long time. I mean it's starting to get bad now because three out of four video games are just as woke as Twitter, but even when they were trying to ban Mortal Kombat, Night Trap or Duke Nukem it felt like they were trying to take attention off other issues.

You ever noticed when something really bad happens the government goes after stupid shit? Like when Biden went against steroids in baseball, when congress wanted a parental advisory on CDs, when they tried to ban video games... It either seems like it was meant to distract the public from a real issue, or they were being banned BECAUSE they distracted the public. It's probably why they're going after Rogan so much, because he's distracting millions upon millions of people from the narrative being pushed on cable. It's why they're castrating and demonetizing YouTube creators who say something real.

The funny part is if they would stop attacking Joe Rogan as hard as they are, he wouldn't be as popular as he is. The fact that they keep trying to cancel him means that the doofus who used to host Fear Factor it's now more popular than the mainstream media.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
I think it’s more social media and smartphones meaning everyone is “always online” in a sense because it’s right in your pocket. If you wanted to go on MySpace or Facebook you had to get on a computer and you couldn’t take it with you wherever you go. I’ve heard school principals says they have no idea how to handle the fact that kids are always online and what they are doing online after school related to social media, bullying, etc. and they can only do so much since they have students for only a couple hours. Also doesn’t help they’re teaching kids to not stand up for themselves if someone is fucking with them and to just “go tell a teacher” like a pussy. Bullying toughened people up and you grew a pair and stood up for yourself and would punch the kid messing with you because it’s a life lesson for both, person being bullied stands up, person doing the bullying learns their actions have consequences. I can’t imagine being bullied and not being able to fight back out of fear of being expelled. When I was in high school (2004) this fat loser guy was being a dick to a female student and he called her mom and whore and she punched him in his fat face. The male VP was actually going to expel her until the female teachers said that’s bullshit to expel a girl over a guy harassing her and would bring the school serious bad press.

Last edited:

Imager

Gen Z Boss And A Mini
I went to a community college way after high school (this was around 2014-15) and I remember just being there and hearing some of the stupid shit that the teachers would say would make me cringe.

It was funny though because using my superior '90s knowledge of history I was able to ask horrific questions that the teachers knew but didn't want to answer.

"Where were the 1936 Olympics held and did America attend?"

Other hits include "didn't America have concentration camps for the Japanese during world war II?"

"Wasn't it other African tribes that sold slaves to Americans?"

"Wasn't Islam bigger than the united states as far as the slave trade?"

"Wasn't Jefferson Davis a United States senator before he was the president of the Confederacy, and didn't Barack Obama purport to be related to him on his mother's side?"

"Wasn't JFK trying to break up the CIA right before his assassination because it had no oversight?"
"Who was Time Magazine's Man of the Year in 1938, and why did they pick him?"

G

"Who was Time Magazine's Man of the Year in 1938, and why did they pick him?"
"Wasn't Gandhi a notorious homophobic racist who was pen pals with Hitler, abandoned his father on his deathbed so he could go have sex, blamed women for being sexually assaulted and didn't he conduct sexual experiments with young children at his ashrams? Seems like Gandhi was kind of a piece of shit"

I actually got fucking BOOED in my class for saying something like that.

It was funny because after everyone settled down me and the teacher had that true romance moment where I was like "Tell me... Am I lyin'?"

To her credit (and this is why she was one of the few people I respected from college) she actually broke down every claim that I made and showed the class that everything I said was true.

I'm not letting some school whitewash that evil street shitter.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
"Wasn't Gandhi a notorious homophobic racist who was pen pals with Hitler, abandoned his father on his deathbed so he could go have sex, blamed women for being sexually assaulted and didn't he conduct sexual experiments with young children at his ashrams? Seems like Gandhi was kind of a piece of shit"

I actually got fucking BOOED in my class for saying something like that.

It was funny because after everyone settled down me and the teacher had that true romance moment where I was like "Tell me... Am I lyin'?"

To her credit (and this is why she was one of the few people I respected from college) she actually broke down every claim that I made and showed the class that everything I said was true.

I'm not letting some school whitewash that evil street shitter.
Also fun to do that with MLK and how he was a womanizer that cheated on his wife often. They don’t like it when you bring that up. Also fun to mention beloved US Democrat Senator Ted Kennedy killed someone while driving drunk and did zero jail time and Beloved US Democrat Senator Robert Byrd was a member of the KKK.

Last edited:

Imager

Gen Z Boss And A Mini
Also fun to do that with MLK and how was a womanizer that cheated on his wife often. They don’t like it when you bring that up.
He essentially cheered on a rapist!

And Rosa Parks was a mostly staged event. Even *leftists* admit it. I saw this and then researched it myself and was floored.

TLDR: Relatively light-skinned Rosa Parks was used for this event because Whites wouldn't sympathize with a pregnant, dark black teenager.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
He essentially cheered on a rapist!

And Rosa Parks was a mostly staged event. Even *leftists* admit it. I saw this and then researched it myself and was floored.

TLDR: Relatively light-skinned Rosa Parks was used for this event because Whites wouldn't sympathize with a pregnant, dark black teenager.

We’re at a point now where they are just re-writing history for political agendas. I just saw last week was “read a book” day or some shit and schools were having the k-5th grade kids read books related to the 1619 project and other bullshit revisionist history. It’s not even colleges anymore, it’s as soon as they start school. They’re purposely teaching them young as possible so they never question what they were told as kids.

G

We’re at a point now where they are just re-writing history for political agendas. I just saw last week was “read a book” day or some shit and schools were having the k-5th grade kids read books related to the 1619 project and other bullshit revisionist history. It’s not even colleges anymore, it’s as soon as they start school. They’re purposely teaching them young as possible so they never question what they were told as kids.
That's another thing that I think is a contributing factor to the downfall of our society: they're teaching revisionist whitewashed history to kids now.

You would think with the internet the kids would be more smartened up to real history, but thanks to Google stranglehold on search results it looks like the weak are rewriting history.

Look no further than this lord of the rings controversy. People are actually acting like England was this diversified Utopia back when what's his nuts wrote the books.

EraGodless

I disagree. You can't talk the way you used to 15 years ago. And I'm not saying you could call niggers niggers then, but I'm saying you could definitely be a lot more honest then as opposed to now. I'd say 8 out of 10 people have been effected in one way or another. Most people can't even handle getting their balls broke anymore. There has definitely been a societal decline and it's not just online. It's like some unspoken agreement was come to where we had to trade in honesty for insincere pleasantries.
18 years ago, Chappelle did this skit with Clayton Bixby-- he wouldn't be able to get it past the censors today. Paradoxically, it's skits like this that put him on the map and made his show a cultural phenomenon. You could laugh at racial differences and stereotypes--

As an aside, except for places like NYC, LA-- America is fairly conservative and that's with constant liberal programming and white man bad shit, imagine if media was actually balanced or was Center right? The tyranny shit and CRT shit would be a memory in a few months.

JesseTheGovernor

Access to the Debates
I agree 9/11 is probably the biggest noticeable shift in American culture. It was a major turning point. The OJ trial was big too in the sense of bringing the race relations in America back to the forefront for a prolonged period and it seems to have only been accelerated by the 9/11 us vs them mentality which morphed into liberals feeling super guilty for those brown folks being bombed.

Social media is a major one in the 2010s though. It’s wild how obsessed with it some are and how important it is to the younger generations, and losers like Fatrick also.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
I agree 9/11 is probably the biggest noticeable shift in American culture. It was a major turning point. The OJ trial was big too in the sense of bringing the race relations in America back to the forefront for a prolonged period and it seems to have only been accelerated by the 9/11 us vs them mentality which morphed into liberals feeling super guilty for those brown folks being bombed.

Social media is a major one in the 2010s though. It’s wild how obsessed with it some are and how important it is to the younger generations, and losers like Fatrick also.
I remember when Bin Laden was murdered by Seal Team 6 some prominent liberals (one being Rosie O’Donnell) were very upset that they didn’t just capture him so he could have a fair trial. The guy behind the 9/11 attacks is finally killed and you had white liberals upset that he didn’t get a trial, this was a violation of his rights, and we as a society should “do better” in relation to dealing with terrorists.

That’s when I knew we were fucked and it was only going to get worse.

G

I remember when Bin Laden was murdered by Seal Team 6 some prominent liberals (one being Rosie O’Donnell) were very upset that they didn’t just capture him so he could have a fair trial. The guy behind the 9/11 attacks is finally killed and you had white liberals upset that he didn’t get a trial, this was a violation of his rights, and we as a society should “do better” in relation to dealing with terrorists.

Keep in mind these are the same people 20 years later that have no problem wanting people who were protesting on January 6th to be put in prison for decades.

Imager

Gen Z Boss And A Mini

You need to do a deep dive on Finkelthink, my friend.

TPTB does not want Bin Laden to have a fair trail because he knows too much. Don't forget that Bin Laden was close with Rumsfeld. The last thing those running the world want is for Bin Laden to be heard by everyone, under oath.

Rosie O'Donnell was just spouting the talking points she was given. As clear all these years later, she and the people running the show don't care about principles at all in any way.

Think of it this way--the people who run the show are constantly A/B testing. During that time, having the opposition be principled worked. But now, they believe they're winning so much that they don't even have to pretend. That's why opposition to anything important these days is quashed and censored, but you can run a forum devoted to flat earth theory and they don't care.

EraGodless

Bin Laden died in late 2001, early 2002, child. Seriously.

G

Bin Laden died in late 2001, early 2002, child. Seriously.
I remember when Patrice was talking about how Benazir Bhutto told the press that bin laden was killed a long time ago (he couldn't remember her name but he knew she was the prime minister of Pakistan) and I remember knowing about that and not thinking it was that big of a deal, but now when you try to look that up online, all the videos are gone and it's extremely difficult to even find it referenced in any article. It's like they tried to scrub it from the internet, which is fucking creepy.