What do you think fucked up society?

G

No, child. They don't. Talk to any random person out in the real world and they'll likely think trannies are weird at the least and most people are sick of niggers constantly rioting. Andnim saying this from Portland, OR. Which is full of liberal douchebags. The average person doesn't care about this shit. The Internet just gives faggots like Pat a louder voice. And even faggots like pat don't actually care.
I disagree. You can't talk the way you used to 15 years ago. And I'm not saying you could call niggers niggers then, but I'm saying you could definitely be a lot more honest then as opposed to now. I'd say 8 out of 10 people have been effected in one way or another. Most people can't even handle getting their balls broke anymore. There has definitely been a societal decline and it's not just online. It's like some unspoken agreement was come to where we had to trade in honesty for insincere pleasantries.

G

To me this is the big one. The tranny boom didnt happen until social media came into its own, and its because they all found encouragement online that they would never find in real life. It also applies to any other type of degeneracy.

Whatever your problem is, obesity, you’re a huge pussy, etc,. you will find something online that agrees with you and tells you that you’re right and that everyone else should accept you the way you are. Its gotten us to the point where people demand you call them by an absurd pronoun.

Obviously everything is an intricate timeline and its complicated, but social media and smartphones have made society an insane asylum
The Tranny boom.

Makes it sound like the gold rush in the1800s.

My grandpappy was a Shim prospector back during the tranny boom.

Ok, I'm laughing way too hard at that because I've been up for like 24 hours and I'm getting to that point where everything is funny.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
I disagree. You can't talk the way you used to 15 years ago. And I'm not saying you could call niggers niggers then, but I'm saying you could definitely be a lot more honest then as opposed to now. I'd say 8 out of 10 people have been effected in one way or another. Most people can't even handle getting their balls broke anymore. There has definitely been a societal decline and it's not just online. It's like some unspoken agreement was come to where we had to trade in honesty for insincere pleasantries.
It’s defiantly obvious with what you can / can’t say, talk about, etc. I’m only 36 but looking back on situations in my early 20s it’s a lot “yeah you couldn’t say that today” or “Oh you couldn’t do that today” or “that kinda thing wouldn’t be accepted today”

G

It’s defiantly obvious with what you can / can’t say, talk about, etc. I’m only 36 but looking back on situations in my early 20s it’s a lot “yeah you couldn’t say that today” or “Oh you couldn’t do that today” or “that kinda thing wouldn’t be accepted today”
EXACTLY. It's not just politics I mean across the board it's like you can't even JOKE about (insert touchy topic here)

I mean fuck, YouTube used to be one of the most outlaw things on the internet, now true crime content creators have to say "she was assaulted" or "the perpetrator took her life" because you can't even say the words raped or killed or they'll take your monetization away. I mean I just turned 38 last week, I'm right there with you dude. I remember the good old days.

True story: we were finalizing a contract with a fast food place, and the guy was in the office and heard one of us say some sexually suggestive things to the receptionist. The guy was going to pull out of the deal if we didn't reprimand him and send him to sensitivity classes.

The fast food guy didn't give a fuck about the fact that the guy saying the sexually suggestive shit was her HUSBAND. I mean we laugh about it now, but we had to send him to a two-day sensitivity training seminar for "harassing" his own wife.

Worst moment in American history.

9JMYa3J.gif

Jims_Maroon_Pants

Joe's Filipino Supervisor
I get that a lot of people will say cancel culture and trannies and all that other type of shit, but to me that's the symptom not the disease.

I think there were two events that fucked society up so bad that we just became collective fucking weirdos: Columbine and 9/11.

I think that was the one-two punch that broke our brain as a country and turned us into PTSD rape victims.

Columbine completely took bullying out of the game, and that really was what made us normal people. When you said some weird shit like "I'm into My Little pony" you got beat up for it. Now a kid can say whatever kind of weird thing he wants to and find a group of thousands of people on the internet that support and enable that type of degeneracy.

And I think 9/11 just fucked us all up and made us afraid as a society.

I would say that the internet is another thing that ruined us, because it gave a voice to groups of people that never should have had a voice. Just the fact that there are groups of people who dress up in mascot outfits and have sex with other people at conventions in mascot outfits makes me hate the internet.

If anybody else has other theories I'd like to hear them.

TL;DR: American society is neurotic and strange. What event do you think happened that made us this way?
I disagree, all of this is the fault of social media. Everything is shared now. Smart phones for the masses is also at fault too.

ShutYourCakeHorn

Gassers/Say "Cookie" Alt
I disagree, all of this is the fault of social media. Everything is shared now. Smart phones for the masses is also at fault too.
Nietzsche puts it quite nicely in The Gay Science.

“Even now one is ashamed of resting, and prolonged reflection almost gives one a bad conscience. One thinks with a watch in one’s hand, even as one eats one’s midday meal while reading the latest news on the stock market; one lives as if one always “might miss out on something.””

The information age really has fucked up our minds, we are constantly bombarded with information online, and on tv that we have become addicted to it, we don't even take the time to really look around us to see what's really happening in the real world, earth has become way too small for us to handle.

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
Social Media and society embracing degenerate hip hop culture.

The fact we live in a world where someone like David Dobrick is one of the most famous YouTube celebrities is just fucking depressing

DiarrheaDick

Get up here and shut up!
Smartphones and social media. It's unnecessary for everyone to have an international audience just sitting in their pocket. The constant feed of uneducated opinions and complete ease of insertion of propaganda has fucked society, and most people are ok with it. Most people wouldn't have given as much of a shit about all the nonsense of the past few years if there wasn't a constant echo chamber hammering it into their heads. I'm constantly having to keep disabling news services that keep re-enabling themselves on my phone which of course pop-up headlines that have nothing to do with my local area, but whatever the garbage "hot topic" of the week in the news is.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
9-11 happened 1 week into my Freshman year of High School. I remember my B period teacher getting a call on the class phone, talked for about 10 seconds and hung up. He turned on the class TV and we just watched for a bit. He explained it for a few and shut it off and we went right back to English.

I still remember embarrassing myself in the bathroom toward the end of the day. I was pissing in the urinal and someone taking a piss in the stall yelled out "yo! You see World War 3 is about to start!?" I said "yeah that's cra...." And before I could finish I heard someone else reply to him from another stall. The person who asked the question then asked "who's that nigga?" with kind of a giggle as he asked. I just washed my hands and left as fast as I could so I wasn't seen by any of them.

20 years and I still cringe at that.

Imager

Gen Z Boss And A Mini
Surprised to see no one talking about prescription drugs.

I don't take them regularly. I take them after having a procedure done.

But when I was growing up parents were giving their kids (mostly their sons) Ritalin, as if it was just normal to do that. And the marketing behind pharmaceuticals is really something to behold. If I see a Lunesta commercial I want to take it.

I would also say the 1965 Hart-Cellar Immigration Act. That is the foundation for having all the immigrants in the country today, and you don't just import loads of Muslims, Hindus, Asians, and third-worlders into a White Christian nation and tell Whitey they have to accommodate these people without consequences. Whites definitely aren't unified like the other groups are.

I don't bring up the Immigration Act due to being racist -- it's that they come here and take jobs and keep wages lower than they ought to be. Then they remit money back home, keeping their earnings out of the local economy here. At first it was menial jobs but now it's H1Bs and the like. Wages being kept low, factories shutting down due to globalization, opioid epidemic, and when you add the 9/11 stuff and see how we brought MORE Muslims into this country after, well, we know it's all a lie, and we see what happens to people who try to correct the lie.

PogromStallone

Give Me Some Money
Everybody getting easy access to Internet.
It used to be that you had to have at least some knowledge to get online and if you wanted to discuss something you had to become a member on some message board where everyone had to search it out to find it.
Now the biggest retards can get on the Internet on their phone and all discussion happens on like three websites.

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
Surprised to see no one talking about prescription drugs.

I don't take them regularly. I take them after having a procedure done.

But when I was growing up parents were giving their kids (mostly their sons) Ritalin, as if it was just normal to do that. And the marketing behind pharmaceuticals is really something to behold. If I see a Lunesta commercial I want to take it.

I would also say the 1965 Hart-Cellar Immigration Act. That is the foundation for having all the immigrants in the country today, and you don't just import loads of Muslims, Hindus, Asians, and third-worlders into a White Christian nation and tell Whitey they have to accommodate these people without consequences. Whites definitely aren't unified like the other groups are.

I don't bring up the Immigration Act due to being racist -- it's that they come here and take jobs and keep wages lower than they ought to be. Then they remit money back home, keeping their earnings out of the local economy here. At first it was menial jobs but now it's H1Bs and the like. Wages being kept low, factories shutting down due to globalization, opioid epidemic, and when you add the 9/11 stuff and see how we brought MORE Muslims into this country after, well, we know it's all a lie, and we see what happens to people who try to correct the lie.
I don't know why anyone would take anti-depressants or those SSRI drugs. Anything that changes your brain chemistry freaks me out and you hear all the stories about how they fuck up people's minds. There are so many better and cheaper ways to cure depression.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
It's been echoed by several here, but worldwide hands down, it's 24 hours news networks.

Too many talking heads and opinion pundits, too much time to fill, too much nonsense being passed as news, all adds up to an overflow that could give the most stable person some level of anxiety or worse.

Imagine your mind is a computer. Computers get bogged down the more information they get, caches get full, hard drives etc. They need to reboot, get refreshed, or it just gets worse. When the news was on two to three times a day, and you had your newspaper, that was it. TV had an hour to fill each time, and you got the real important shit. In the newspaper, you could skip what you don't wish to read, including the opinion pieces.

And granted, you COULD turn off the news channels in your home, but for some people it's a fear of missing out, but missing out on what? How is a small study, a tour announcement, or a celebrities missing Dog news? When Gosia and I did the Pani magazine interview years ago, the crew kept telling us how "newsworthy" this was because I'm rather reserved about my personal life. I told them off the record, this is just an interview and nothing more - how the hell is this even news?

I'll talk forever if I speak of the hell that is social media. What should have brought people together with communication - in theory, mind you - has just become a collective haven of corners for people to seek echo chambers.

But not us, we're all cool here.

CutesyMissy

"... radio's most notorious shock jock."
I think it started with the hippies and the birth of baby boomers in the 60's.

With how hardened the Greatest and Silent generations became, the tail-end of those generations overcompensated and cuddled their children a little too much. And then hippie culture began (boasting about pacifism with no historical perspective whatsoever), convincing a generation of cuddled and entitled dickheads to believe their way of life was a right (instead of a temporary privilege given by the hard work of previous generations.) Then the liberation movement, spearheaded by first wave feminism and gays began (through no fault of their own) demanding fairness regardless of identity (which ironically turned into the ever screeching caroussel of identity politics.)

They planted the seeds that lead to the P.C. cops of the 90's turning every minor cause into a governmental affair.

Also the electorate took less and less parental responsibility in the development of their children, and increased the deflections of said responsibilities to the politicians, lawyers, teachers and cops.

9/11 might have broken America, but the softening began way before.