Set your DVRs for this Tuesday!

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
The biggest criticism I have of this is that i don’t know who it’s made for. If you didn’t know who Howard is you wouldn’t know what the hell is going on in this or why he’s so hated. If you knew who Howard was you would feel gipped at the lack of info. The people they interview for BTS Howard shit is Jackie, John, and Steve Grillo, guys who hadn’t been on the show since the 90’s. They did get Doug Goodstein (?) the guy who produced Howard TV. I thought this would segue into how Howard fired the entire staff on air by surprise but nope, not even a mention. Shit that should be a big deal is completely skipped over and theres no cohesive point to these episodes. It’s literally just a brief history of Howard. Wow, Mancow sent back a box of human shit! Wow, Howard made girls step on a scale and perform sex acts in studio! He did blackface! He started censoring people! He became Hollywood! So what does all this info presented to you lead to? Nothing. Literally nothing except saying “Howard is apologetic for his past and he’s huge now and changed”.

Coonskin

Don't thank the felon, Keith
Got back to my hotel room and when I turned on the TV this was playing. I almost busted a rib when the Dani video popped up. So disappointing they cut out his maniacal laughter, it would have been perfect with the tone they were setting. Very funny it basically ends with everyone becoming a better person/moving on except Anthony. Also disappointing they didn’t bring up the Roland shitting situation.

They also bring up that Anthony did a show with Gavin after his firing and mention Gavin as the creator of the Proud Boys, but never mention it was created a year later on Anthony’s very own network.

I’m probably the target demo for this episode and I was still bored. The only thing i didn’t know that was kinda interesting was Howard making that dude lose his radio job and then divorce his wife, who then goes on sterns show and sits on his lap. Never heard of this woman or that she killer herself after. I’m sure I was given the incomplete story though based on everything else in this boring garbage.

Also Mancow crying about his dead dad was pretty funny. He acts like he took the high road but then they play audio where he wished death on Howard’s father, so I’m not sure what kind of revisionist crap he’s trying to pull.

You’d think O&A were both dead given they didn’t get interviewed at all.

The only thing i didn’t know that was kinda interesting was Howard making that dude lose his radio job and then divorce his wife, who then goes on sterns show and sits on his lap. Never heard of this woman or that she killer herself after. I’m sure I was given the incomplete story though based on everything else in this boring garbage.
Howard's first syndication city was Philadelphia. At the time, a guy named DiBella aka The Zookeeper was #1 in Philly morning radio, and Howard made it his mission to destroy him. I don't remember what, if anything, set him off, but he went after DiBella hard. Then he heard that the Zookeeper's wife was leaving him, so he got in touch with her to do a Dial-A-Date segment, where Capt. Janks won. That "date" is featured on Howard's "Butt Bongo Fiesta" video. A few years later, she killed herself. Probably had little or nothing to do with that, but who knows.

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
Really took the boots to AntH's reputation there at the end...it's always good when your first mainstream mention in a decade is focused on your arrest for strangulation against a young woman and rampant use of racial slurs

:image_9253_lg:

I found it an enjoyable watch. The funniest is seeing the b-roll of the O&A fans looking exactly like you'd imagine

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
A few years later, she killed herself. Probably had little or nothing to do with that, but who knows.
Their marriage first off, was nuts. DeBella's wife hated him and would do things like turn off his alarm to make him late for his morning show. She would play music late at night to wake him up. And a few times poured bottles of wine on him as he was sleeping and started screaming at him. But she probably wouldn't get money if she initiated the divorce which is why she went batshit to get him to leave her.

Stern one time paid guys to park a van outside of DeBella's house (or maybe the radio station) and chant that they all "fucked your wife" over and over. Stern paid DeBella's wife a couple of grand to appear on his show and on tape. And to do the whole fake date with Captain Janks that went nowhere because Janks was a closeted fag and total weirdo anyways. It was obvious Janks was more interested in Howard or Fred than any woman.

It turned out that DeBella was banging the wife of the founder of NFL films and broke up their marriage. So his wife might have known that and started trashing their marriage on purpose. Police ruled her death a suicide but her family argued that she drove drunk and passed out in the garage before she had time to shut her car off and died of an accident. She simply passed out drunk in the garage after a night of binge drinking. I think DeBella even said a few times publicly that his ex-wife wasn't a suicide.

Years later DeBella would be fired to make room for a radio show called Opie and Anthony.

Jenna

If God truly loved you He'd have made you taller
Hey when did Tim Sabean transition into a butch lesbian? Nice fancy blue glasses.

Opie came off looking the best, Mancow by far the absolute worst. 45 seconds at most was given to Jimmy, nothing to Sam. My conspiracy theory is Jimmy is on bad terms with Vice after his dumb show failed, so they purposely cut down his role.

Uh oh, Opie and Anthony appear! 30 minutes into the episode, describing them as idols and disciples of Stern. They also oddly describe them as “young”. Late 20’s, whaaaa?

“In the 90’s…EVERYONE on Long Island knew who Opie was. Anthony Cumia was an air conditioning unit installer.

Tim Sabean: They were DIE HARD STERN FANS .

I saw this. Calling Opie a fan of Howard Stern. That had to be an intentional dig at Mr. Hughes. I can only imagine how absolutely PISSED Opie could be about that.

HAHAHAHA DANI BRAND MADE IT IN

"The Anthony and Brandi Show...HAHAHAHA, come on, baby!"

"WHERE THE FUCK IS MY GUN...*deep breath* FUCK!!! "

:image_4764_lg:

Last edited:
Cue Don Imus nappy headed hoes. O&A defend him, Howard doesn’t. Slips into the death of shock jock radio. This directly goes into the Homeless Charlie incident and the fallout from that. Not really much details.

WHERE THE FUCK WAS PATRICE DEFENDING FREE SPEECH?!?! FUCK MANCOW AND HIS STUPID TATTOO!!!

As Mancow was the reason for the rift between Patrice O'Neal and Bill Burr, FUCK MANCOW TWICE!!!

And, why no mention of The Opie and Anthony Show being the springboard for Bill Burr, Louis CK, Amy Schumer and the inspiration for Joe Rogan's relax-style podcast?!

Not good :mad:😤

Last edited:
Why was Grillo dressed like he was in Shane Mcmahons Mean street Posse crew?

EEF98CC7-54E1-464E-BC66-DF3FDE193E3B.jpeg

I managed to watch thanks to Mr Ass.

I learned a couple of new things such as how much of a bully (Or "competitive") Howard was when he was trying to become number 1. Have to respect it in a way because the man would do anything to win although I did feel bad for Mancow who is still obviously upset about Howard shit talking his dead father. DeBella copped it real bad also, imagine your rival kissing your ex wife's neck live on the radio. Oof.

With O&A they made Anthony look like a monster and the only embarrassing thing for the Opester was the comment from the O&A podcast dude saying that Opie barely gets 1k views on his videos. The Destroyer wins again.