Joe is stealing leftover food on the cruise 😆👍

Professor Rape

49 20 4C 49 4B 45 20 52 41 50 45
What kind of idiot would eat cookies in that position?
trumpcards.png

Cumiace

In my opinion, one of the funniest things about Solo Joe's Big Seafaring Adventure is how he hasn't made a single friend over the course of this gig. He hasn't pictured or even mentioned anyone else the entire time. Not even one coworker has befriended him, or hung out with him, just like back home. It's the story of Joe life, and the sole reason why "Solo Joe" even exists at all.
Not so
Joes roadies.jpg

I’m sure the reason they don’t want food in those closets is that since the same person is staying there for months, it doesn’t get cleaned regularly and they can clearly see what a dirtbag Joe is, so they don’t want to walk into mountains of discarded food when he finally leaves.

That and just making sure the help knows their place. You will eat the scraps we give you, boy, sorry, the shrimp is for paying customers only.
Exactly! And they want to avoid rodents and an insect infestation.

Jims_Maroon_Pants

Joe's Filipino Supervisor
I’m sure the reason they don’t want food in those closets is that since the same person is staying there for months, it doesn’t get cleaned regularly and they can clearly see what a dirtbag Joe is, so they don’t want to walk into mountains of discarded food when he finally leaves.

That and just making sure the help knows their place. You will eat the scraps we give you, boy, sorry, the shrimp is for paying customers only.
Passengers don't want to see the staff eating from the same places they eat.
It's unprofessional

I stand corrected. Joe made two friends, which is real progress for him. Now he just needs to befriend a dentist, and he'll be set.
Easy enough to be friendly when you're just twisting volume knobs for the homeless-looking busker. Imagine how they'd feel if they were part of one his used songs groups, which he runs like a military operation, if you didn't know.

TorpidSloth

Why is he shit talking this job so much? Joe paid an agent to desperately get him the gig in the first place. He’s acting as if he’s being detained against his will.
Because he's an idiotic child trapped in the body of an old man. He thought he'd play the first night, bring the house down and be treated like a celebrity by management and audience alike. Room upgraded, maybe an emergency meeting to lock him down for later in the year - astronomical rise in salary and perks offered of course. He thought he'd be playing poker and drinking the nights away with the guests. All of this based on nothing but his narcissistic self-delusion.

Then reality kicked in. He's a step above the Guatemalan waiters, only making less in tips. No top shelf food or drink allowed. Mustn't be seen eating or drinking by guests - so 11 a.m. breakfast and 3 p.m. lunch etc. His "trips" were all disasters (thanks to his lack of planning or basic enquiry), his teeth are tumbling out of his mouth and he was probably told politely by his Polish line manager that any favorable improvements in any future contract are a few more years of performing down the line. He could be dead by then.

I realise I've just given you an autistic rundown of his cruise experience, but it made me chuckle.

NoBacon

The gunslinger.
Because he's an idiotic child trapped in the body of an old man. He thought he'd play the first night, bring the house down and be treated like a celebrity by management and audience alike. Room upgraded, maybe an emergency meeting to lock him down for later in the year - astronomical rise in salary and perks offered of course. He thought he'd be playing poker and drinking the nights away with the guests. All of this based on nothing but his narcissistic self-delusion.

Then reality kicked in. He's a step above the Guatemalan waiters, only making less in tips. No top shelf food or drink allowed. Mustn't be seen eating or drinking by guests - so 11 a.m. breakfast and 3 p.m. lunch etc. His "trips" were all disasters (thanks to his lack of planning or basic enquiry), his teeth are tumbling out of his mouth and he was probably told politely by his Polish line manager that any favorable improvements in any future contract are a few more years of performing down the line. He could be dead by then.

I realise I've just given you an autistic rundown of his cruise experience, but it made me chuckle.

I’ve never been on a cruise and never will, but I’m pretty sure paying the money for the experience and then part of the entertainment being a grumpy fat 75 year old New Yorker murdering Johnny Cash would be a buzzkill.