Jenna Ortegathread

G

Well well well, what day is it today?

Wednesday_Netflix_series_poster.png

Oooooh boy, dropping right on time for the entire family to watch on Thanksgiving, it's Wednesday time bitches. Exactly what genre of show is this, mixing elements from all sorts of shit: supernatural, teen drama, dark comedy, mystery. Casually trashing Patrick with both a dig at how much Milwaukee sucks and social media addiction:

bab13e7a5f733d168425d8355b4a3eff4595acd2.gifv

9085bc3ed853e3b3649e624adcb8226d874df311.gifv

But yeah, the plot itself is rather cookie cutter. Outcast finds herself in a new situation with all sorts of wacky new characters to meet, everyone else is chipper while Wednesday is morbid. Her roommate annoys her, there's two boys positioned for a love triangle, a stupid-looking CGI monster is killing people in the woods.

3cd850ff7a9dc1753184f79c0537b10da9145531.gifv

While watching the first episode, I kept going back to what Tim Burton said: how Jenna has this silent movie talent to convey so much without saying a word. It's weird to have a protagonist that doesn't really talk much, except to spit out sociopathic one-liners or move the plot along. Mr. Robot did it too but half of that show was him narrating to the audience. Sadly, a lot of the nuances of her acting rely mostly in her facial tics and reactions, which I fear might get lost on ADHD-raddled teenagers who can't stop checking their phones. However they probably only care about the one-liners anyway.

Be sure to check it out this Thanksgiving weekend, because if it's a hit Jenna gets more money in Marvel negotiations.
Thats weird how a mainstream show is shitting on social media. Especially Chinese owned Tik Tok.

Jenna

God ❤️s Fags
Wednesday_Netflix_series_poster.png

Well happy Wednesday onaforums! I'm sure we've all heard the good news, but why not say it again?

#1 all time best week for an English Netflix show ever! Second only to Squid Game. When I started Ortegaposting, she was a cute goblina known for a handful of horror movies who had just landed her first big-budget project. Now Ms. Ortega is a bonafide A-List actress, a household name, a true global superstar in every sense.

But let's get to s01e02 of Wednesday, aka the cat suit episode!

catsuitjen3.jpg

So SPOILERS AHEAD! The end of episode 1 sees Wednesday attacked by a nerdy classmate who believes in some prophecy where she's going to destroy the entire school, only to be saved by the woods monster that mauls the nerd to death. However nobody believes her and thinks she's just having hallucinations, especially when the nerd shows up without a scratch on him, mysteriously saying he's leaving the school forever. Wednesday has Thing follow the nerd to the train station, where he shapeshifts into a man, and then again into the Nevermore Headmaster, meaning her and Christina Ricci are somehow wrapped up in the conspiracy.

But onto the boat race!

So there's four teams, one from each house (like Harry Potter). Wednesday's chipper roommate Enid, (think the excitable Golden Retrieval foil to the cat-like Wednesday) a werewolf who hasn't hit werewolf puberty yet, is very excited about an upcoming boat race and beating the mean popular girl Bianca, who is black and bald because Netflix. Wednesday couldn't care until a spot opens up and she wants revenge, uses Bianca's dirty tricks against her to win the race! Yay!

She finds a secret room (with the clue being "snap twice") before being kidnapped by a secret society. Whatever will they do to Wednesday? Find out next week, or watch now like so many other have been doing!

Jenna

God ❤️s Fags
Happy Wednesday onaforums!

1670372333693242.jpg

Already done that, Jenna! As have most of the posters here.

As badly as I want to skip ahead to s01e04 because it's the dance episode and everyone loves Jenna's covid dance, we must first discuss episode 3. Here's a little taste for next week:

But no this week! The field trip episode! So Nevermore Academy has always had a rocky relationship with the citizens of Jericho...

960x0.jpg

No that's fat Chris Jericho.

51Jma-Wc8bL._AC_SY580_.jpg

No dammit, that's the Skeet Ulrich show Jericho that nobody watched! Skeet Ulrich is already the father of Jenna's half-sister in Scream!

52519995627_9983b68ce6_o.jpg

Finally! Yes, that Jericho. Home of Pilgrim World!

But first we start the episode where the last one left off. Wednesday is kidnapped and brought before a secret society, the Nightshades, of which Bianca and Xavier are members. Xavier, who is totally crushing on her, offers her a spot but she declines cause they're stupid. We also learn Gomez & Morticia were once Nightshades, making Wednesday a legacy and continuing to give us more clues about her parents.

But then Outreach Day! A magical day every year where Nevermore students volunteer at local shops around Jericho to show that they're not all scary! Wednesday gets chosen to work at a kooky antique shop, but is primarily fixated on the big prophecy, namely that the prophecy has her facing off against the town's founder, Joseph Crackstone. So she trades assignments with her roommate Enid, so Enid can work with the boy she has a crush on and Wednesday can investigate Pilgrim World. The boy Enid likes turns out to be a Medusa-type creature, but after agreeing to a date the dummy catches a glimpse of himself in the mirror and turns himself into stone, leaving Enid to think she's been stood up.

Anyway, Wednesday arrives at Pilgrim World, a pretty lame "theme park" (with no rides, like seriously) where the draw is staged witch hunts and of course, fudge.

sub-buzz-1392-1669860910-48.jpg

Unfortunately Wednesday is not a very good fudge saleswoman, and instead breaks into Crackstone's Museum, seeing the girl from her vision holding the Book of Shadows. Sadly, the Book of Shadows in the museum is a fake. Determined for more clues, Wednesday decides to visit Jericho's first settlement, but finds a burnt down home in the middle of the woods with no clues. Thing encourages her to touch around and maybe try and spark a vision, leading her to do the "look it's not gonna happen. I touch this, nothing happens. I touch that, nothing happens. I touch this..."

janna3.jpg

Meet Goody Addams, aka white Jenna. Goody was accused of witchcraft by Crackstone, and as punishment he's going to burn all her friends and family in the old barn. While everybody else in the barn is chained down, Goody says goodbye to her mother and escapes through a secret passageway. It's clear Wednesday will need to somehow enact Goody's revenge for genociding the town.

But wait, to end Outreach Day, Headmistress Weems has arranged for Wednesday to accompany the Jericho High School band in a terrible rendition of Fleetwood Mac's "Don't Stop" as they present a brand-new statue of Joseph Crackstone in the middle of the town! That is until Thing replaces the water with gasoline and blows up the statue. Wednesday then launches into a beautiful rendition of Vivaldi's Winter amidst the chaos!

That's it! Next Wednesday it's the iconic dance that went viral in more than one way (get it because she had Covid).

G

Happy Wednesday onaforums!

View attachment 82219

Already done that, Jenna! As have most of the posters here.

As badly as I want to skip ahead to s01e04 because it's the dance episode and everyone loves Jenna's covid dance, we must first discuss episode 3. Here's a little taste for next week:

[MEDIA=youtube]6wVyKqBxgvM:42[/MEDIA]

But no this week! The field trip episode! So Nevermore Academy has always had a rocky relationship with the citizens of Jericho...

960x0.jpg

No that's fat Chris Jericho.

51Jma-Wc8bL._AC_SY580_.jpg

No dammit, that's the Skeet Ulrich show Jericho that nobody watched! Skeet Ulrich is already the father of Jenna's half-sister in Scream!

52519995627_9983b68ce6_o.jpg

Finally! Yes, that Jericho. Home of Pilgrim World!

But first we start the episode where the last one left off. Wednesday is kidnapped and brought before a secret society, the Nightshades, of which Bianca and Xavier are members. Xavier, who is totally crushing on her, offers her a spot but she declines cause they're stupid. We also learn Gomez & Morticia were once Nightshades, making Wednesday a legacy and continuing to give us more clues about her parents.

But then Outreach Day! A magical day every year where Nevermore students volunteer at local shops around Jericho to show that they're not all scary! Wednesday gets chosen to work at a kooky antique shop, but is primarily fixated on the big prophecy, namely that the prophecy has her facing off against the town's founder, Joseph Crackstone. So she trades assignments with her roommate Enid, so Enid can work with the boy she has a crush on and Wednesday can investigate Pilgrim World. The boy Enid likes turns out to be a Medusa-type creature, but after agreeing to a date the dummy catches a glimpse of himself in the mirror and turns himself into stone, leaving Enid to think she's been stood up.

Anyway, Wednesday arrives at Pilgrim World, a pretty lame "theme park" (with no rides, like seriously) where the draw is staged witch hunts and of course, fudge.

View attachment 82226

Unfortunately Wednesday is not a very good fudge saleswoman, and instead breaks into Crackstone's Museum, seeing the girl from her vision holding the Book of Shadows. Sadly, the Book of Shadows in the museum is a fake. Determined for more clues, Wednesday decides to visit Jericho's first settlement, but finds a burnt down home in the middle of the woods with no clues. Thing encourages her to touch around and maybe try and spark a vision, leading her to do the "look it's not gonna happen. I touch this, nothing happens. I touch that, nothing happens. I touch this..."

View attachment 82228

Meet Goody Addams, aka white Jenna. Goody was accused of witchcraft by Crackstone, and as punishment he's going to burn all her friends and family in the old barn. While everybody else in the barn is chained down, Goody says goodbye to her mother and escapes through a secret passageway. It's clear Wednesday will need to somehow enact Goody's revenge for genociding the town.

But wait, to end Outreach Day, Headmistress Weems has arranged for Wednesday to accompany the Jericho High School band in a terrible rendition of Fleetwood Mac's "Don't Stop" as they present a brand-new statue of Joseph Crackstone in the middle of the town! That is until Thing replaces the water with gasoline and blows up the statue. Wednesday then launches into a beautiful rendition of Vivaldi's Winter amidst the chaos!

[MEDIA=youtube]mVmCx93AabU[/MEDIA]

That's it! Next Wednesday it's the iconic dance that went viral in more than one way (get it because she had Covid).

I can’t believe i read all that. God bless Jenna.

Jenna

God ❤️s Fags
Next year, Ortegaheads.

Wednesdays-first-trailer-is-here-to-guide-you-through-yet.png

LEADING Actress in a Comedy Series 2023. And the Emmy.

It took Michael Jordan 7 seasons to win an NBA Championship, now nobody disputes he's the G.O.A.T.

Well look who got nominated for Leading Actress in a Comedy Series 2023 Golden Globe. Less than three weeks after Wednesday debuts too.

goldenglobes.jpg

G

Selena Gomez sucks. She’s fat her voice is super annoying. I can’t stand to hear her talk.

Jenna

God ❤️s Fags
Selena Gomez sucks. She’s fat her voice is super annoying. I can’t stand to hear her talk.

For real. Jean Smart's an icon, Big Bang Girl is fine, haven't seen Abbott Elementary but I've heard people praise it as some elevated Tyler Perry type show.

But fuck, the few episodes of Only Murders I saw, Selena was awful. Noticeably bad acting, horrible dialogue delivery, it was like the old bit where the sleazy producer would force his untalented mistress into the cast.

G

For real. Jean Smart's an icon, Big Bang Girl is fine, haven't seen Abbott Elementary but I've heard people praise it as some elevated Tyler Perry type show.

But fuck, the few episodes of Only Murders I saw, Selena was awful. Noticeably bad acting, horrible dialogue delivery, it was like the old bit where the sleazy producer would force his untalented mistress into the cast.
She’s one of the producers.

I watched the show with my wife and enjoyed it enough since I like Steve Martin and Martin Short but she was jarringly bad. I was surprised since I know she’s famous but I’m an old man so I’ve never seen anything she’s in or heard any of her music. I don’t understand the hype at all, she was a dead fish with a fat cabbage patch face. Has to be one of the most overrated women out there. Zero sex appeal.