I wanna see the debtor's movie!

Mr-Wrinkle-Paws

My name's Henry. And you're here with me now
Day before that was filed was piggys 6 tweet day he must childed them at a meeting
4nckhEU.png

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Holy shit, what if Lynne organized the amortization plan on their behalf, but when the trustee reached out to Patrick they got the whole No, I will not be paying a penny toward my abuser. That is not something that gets to happen. Not now, not ever.

So the trustee ripped up the proposal Lynne's lawyers worked on to provide the best way out of this for Niki. While Patrick considers it a win.
I hope that’s what happened, Niki’s Mom wanted Pat far away from this to avoid making it worse and I’m sure he being the Kool aid man he made it worse, might be why he’s had to start doing chores around the house during the week instead of pretending to be a “writer”

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
They're trying to buy time.

Pat's going to get a big offer from a publisher or a movie studio and when that happens, everything will be ok for them.
That’s what he’s been telling Niki for years while he makes her another drink to take with her meds to keep her in a zombie like state. “Wife child, my next 6 figure contract will be coming any day now. Drink this and take your pills”

Jenna

12 paramedics couldnt save ur fuckin life boy
I hope that’s what happened, Niki’s Mom wanted Pat far away from this to avoid making it worse and I’m sure he being the Kool aid man he made it worse, might be why he’s had to start doing chores around the house during the week instead of pretending to be a “writer”

It makes perfect sense considering what we know. Lynne found out about the debt, had her lawyers come up with a sensible plan to pay it off. Sent Niki to be the reasonable mouthpiece, got the court to approve the amortization plan.

But then, eventually, someone had to meet with Patrick. His Captain America instincts kicked in. This was his big movie monologue, passionately telling the Nazi trustee that he will not let the idiots win. That he's one of the few people left in this nation who won't bend the knee to white supremacist criminals.

Then Lynne gets the phone call. No, they dismissed the plan. Your son-in-law called the court appointed trustee an "idiotic baby child" twenty-two separate times.

Faggot Boqposter

The Alawite Assassin
It makes perfect sense considering what we know. Lynne found out about the debt, had her lawyers come up with a sensible plan to pay it off. Sent Niki to be the reasonable mouthpiece, got the court to approve the amortization plan.

But then, eventually, someone had to meet with Patrick. His Captain America instincts kicked in. This was his big movie monologue, passionately telling the Nazi trustee that he will not let the idiots win. That he's one of the few people left in this nation who won't bend the knee to white supremacist criminals.

Then Lynne gets the phone call. No, they dismissed the plan. Your son-in-law called the court appointed trustee an "idiotic baby child" twenty-two separate times.
Possibly. Also the trustee probably realized the “author” hasn’t written a book in years and has no publisher. That he spends $2000 to go to a convention to make $100 handselling his books several times a year. And that nikis seo business is a fucking joke. And that they likely have massive credit card debt

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Possibly. Also the trustee probably realized the “author” hasn’t written a book in years and has no publisher. That he spends $2000 to go to a convention to make $100 handselling his books several times a year. And that nikis seo business is a fucking joke. And that they likely have massive credit card debt
Didn’t someone find out Niki had “closed” the company once this started? She went from having an office building and employees to turning one of their floors into the new “office” (is it zoned for that?legal? Not an accountant or tax lawyer) and Pat hasn’t put a book out in years and without a publisher. That check from a day or two of work from that bullshit science show is long gone and we all know his royalties are shit.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit

Be even better if they realized tons of red flags when it came to Pat and Niki’s “income” and dropped it because you can’t garnish zero income. They are two adults with very vague sources of income.

MySecondFatterAccount

Breakfast Corn
Thats not even including whatever percentage he owes SFWA for his side of the suit. I bet if there was an actual finances reveal that it would show a few other outstanding debts.

Faggot Boqposter

The Alawite Assassin
Be even better if they realized tons of red flags when it came to Pat and Niki’s “income” and dropped it because you can’t garnish zero income. They are two adults with very vague sources of income.
I’m thinking they would look at his income pattern and realize he got paid once and hasn’t been paid again. In my personal experience commission/performance pay isn’t factored in to how your income is viewed until you have a few years of consistent pay. Maybe it’s different for authors but I doubt it.

Uncle J’s Sink Emporium

Enjoy prison, Y’munkoke
I’m thinking they would look at his income pattern and realize he got paid once and hasn’t been paid again. In my personal experience commission/performance pay isn’t factored in to how your income is viewed until you have a few years of consistent pay. Maybe it’s different for authors but I doubt it.
Section 128 is literally only meant for wage earners. It says it right there on the case.

Faggot Boqposter

The Alawite Assassin
Thats not even including whatever percentage he owes SFWA for his side of the suit. I bet if there was an actual finances reveal that it would show a few other outstanding debts.
He’s 100% got major unsecured debt.

probably financed various major purchases (you can finance flights now i think too). Not to mention it’s fucking expensive to go out to bars all the time.