I wanna see the debtor's movie!

swole_edging_llc

snackie ate my ass, then she doxed me
never, because while i'm sure that bitch dindu nothing on the project, every decent developer knows of lines of code is a retarded metric. Number of commits is maybe marginally better, but depending on your devops and infrastructure cadences you might have automated tools doing merges. If you use a certain type of delegated admin for IAM and CI/CD then your number of commits and merges will look very high. This is in lieu of service accounts. Basically you're using your own account , scoped down with (say SAML as an example) to do automated tasks.

This is why the whole "10x dev" trope is dumb as shit. Pushing a whole bunch of shitty commits that break builds, fail unit tests, or introduce bugs is actually worse than doing nothing at all. Using any of that as a KPI is retarded.

dont even think about calling me or this post autistic.
Based.

Some of the best developers only delete code.
At a lot of the best shops, it's not just commits and commit quality, it's how many eyeballs are on the user-facing screen that you added or modified.
And you also get metric bumps for deleting code that no one uses.
Dev life facts

N

NIGGER_ANNIHILATOR_1488

This is why I don't believe that Fatprick is high IQ. Not that I can empirically state that there is a correlation between intelligence and humility, but as someone who's allegedly "up there" (I swear I am a moron - I just figure things out and fail upwards), I only feel uncomfortable when I think that I am the dumbest guy in the room. Or at least average. Else it's like living in a shitty neighborhood and feeling like you're at the apex. I'd rather be in a place where I felt that I was the scumbag.

The people who blow me away with their intelligence have always been uber humble. Anyone who wants to be (and make it clear to everyone and everything) that they are the smartest guy in the room - ain't. The uber-smart and uber(ish)-rich people I've known have been the most down to earth and humble. It's the aspirational climbers and Pat-level mid-wits that are the insufferable ones.

And the smart folks enjoy learning from others - not preach and bully.
Smart people tend to be good learners. Good learners are good at recognizing holes in their knowledge, which will create a sense of humility. These people tend not to be so bold in their opinions that anyone who disagrees with them, including experts, are attacked/called stupid/told they should be raped and executed.

How do you explain the 1.7 GPA? He is a pants shitting retard with NPD
He's lazy and stubborn and didn't do any of the work? It was a rural Wisconsin high school in the 90s, who the fuck knows what was going on there.

The reason I think he's slightly above average is that not only has he written six mostly coherent (albeit terrible) novels but he convinced two separate publishers to put out three of his books each. Tor isn't handing out book deals to complete retards, especially to non-minorities like Pat. His books are horrible but you can't be a total idiot and write them. I say that as actually having read one (Gate Crashers). Pat appears way dumber than he is because of his personality disorders, not necessarily because he's actually that stupid. He's not smart by any means but he's not sub-average intelligence.

never, because while i'm sure that bitch dindu nothing on the project, every decent developer knows of lines of code is a retarded metric. Number of commits is maybe marginally better, but depending on your devops and infrastructure cadences you might have automated tools doing merges. If you use a certain type of delegated admin for IAM and CI/CD then your number of commits and merges will look very high. This is in lieu of service accounts. Basically you're using your own account , scoped down with (say SAML as an example) to do automated tasks.

This is why the whole "10x dev" trope is dumb as shit. Pushing a whole bunch of shitty commits that break builds, fail unit tests, or introduce bugs is actually worse than doing nothing at all. Using any of that as a KPI is retarded.

When admin talks about computer stuff all I hear is this:

Dog Eater

Apartheid is cool.

Yeah I got a commit for yah… commit my balls to your mouth you autist.

But seriously folksh I have access to a project at work where all I do is quick and easy front end fixes because the guy who wrote it can’t be fucked learning any CSS or how the end users actually use it. I could easily make a thousand tiny commits to make it look like I actually wrote any code but I did not because I am a dumb nigger. I’m sure if I was a woman I’d claim equal credit though.

Leonard Rhomberg

Who are you gonna replace me with?

I shoot for 1000-1500 lines of code a day :image_9250:

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
He's lazy and stubborn and didn't do any of the work? It was a rural Wisconsin high school in the 90s, who the fuck knows what was going on there.

The reason I think he's slightly above average is that not only has he written six mostly coherent (albeit terrible) novels but he convinced two separate publishers to put out three of his books each. Tor isn't handing out book deals to complete retards, especially to non-minorities like Pat. His books are horrible but you can't be a total idiot and write them. I say that as actually having read one (Gate Crashers). Pat appears way dumber than he is because of his personality disorders, not necessarily because he's actually that stupid. He's not smart by any means but he's not sub-average intelligence.

It really speaks to how incompetent the publishing industry is with science fiction that Pat gets two contracts despite bringing nothing, but Andy Weir had to self publish The Martian because he couldn't get a publisher for what would be the biggest science fiction novel in the past decade.

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
View attachment 184929
"Hey NASA, how the fuck do you know what our galaxy looks like or where we are in it? We haven't even left our solar system yet."

IMG_1126.png

NoBacon

The gunslinger.
When NASA publish photos of stars or planets or anything, it’s just photoshop.

It’s taking data and photoshopping it, but I’m willing to bet most people beleive those fantastic images are actual photos of things. Same thing with those stupid “this is what a black hole sounds like” - it’s just raw data worked up.

Yes, you can argue it’s the same thing but the actual images of stuff is just soupy grey blobs and blurs.

Sue Lightning

Balconyster

It’s taking data and photoshopping it, but I’m willing to bet most people beleive those fantastic images are actual photos of things. Same thing with those stupid “this is what a black hole sounds like” - it’s just raw data worked up.

Yes, you can argue it’s the same thing but the actual images of stuff is just soupy grey blobs and blurs.
And do you not think certain things can be inferred based on data? Sure thats not what a black hole LITERALLY “sounds like” but that doesn’t mean the black hole doesn’t exist, or the data itself is fake. I’m not quite sure the point you’re getting at.

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
1708962489697.jpeg

Relating to Turrys point it would be like saying this map of America from the 1600’s isn’t accurate - and that we couldn’t possibly know what the continent looks like - Because we hadn’t seen it from space yet. Obviously we use data and the tools we have to make an approximation. Does that mean this map is completely accurate? Of course not, but its pretty damn close

Turry Fawks

Good evening cowards
View attachment 184967
Relating to Turrys point it would be like saying this map of America from the 1600’s isn’t accurate - and that we couldn’t possibly know what the continent looks like - Because we hadn’t seen it from space yet. Obviously we use data and the tools we have to make an approximation. Does that mean this map is completely accurate? Of course not, but its pretty damn close
It would be more like having landed in Maine and then drawing a map of the entire planet.

RickReternal

I hope people Ouija you tweets after your dead

I think he’s sub-average intelligence because of how slow thinking he is. Josiah 5 reveals this. Even adjusting for how angry he is, he is on the back foot for that entire conversation. It’s embarrassing (also hilarious). He can’t compensate or rebound even after Josiah gives him time to.

TheRevAlJolson

Blackface Killah

This shit broke my wife's heart when I explained it to her. She thought all the old Hubble pictures were like looking out a space ship window. Eventually I bought a telescope just so I could show her a visible nebula, which just looks like a hazy cloud. Kinda felt bad after that, tbh. Felt like telling a kid there was no Santa.

NoBacon

The gunslinger.
And do you not think certain things can be inferred based on data? Sure thats not what a black hole LITERALLY “sounds like” but that doesn’t mean the black hole doesn’t exist, or the data itself is fake. I’m not quite sure the point you’re getting at.
I’m not making any point other than people like Patrick who worship science they don’t understand always post those photoshopped images of galaxies and don’t realise it’s just visualised data with photoshop.

images

I’m not making any point other than people like Patrick who worship science they don’t understand always post those photoshopped images of galaxies and don’t realise it’s just visualised data with photoshop.

images
As far as I'm aware they're just taking the radiation picked up by telescopes and assigning colors to those frequencies outside of the visible spectrum. Sure, no human could see way into UV or infrared but the 'colors' still exist.