I wanna see the debtor's movie!

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Also note she cancelled her appearance at the last con Pat was a guest for. She doesn’t want to deal with him at all.
It almost seems like they parted ways after the failed case. I wouldnt be surprised if the SFWA is out of the Tomlinson business. Pat didnt hit the usual conventions this year. Pat probably wore out his welcome.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
how many people in your own life do you know that will gift you tens of thousands of dollars? while you remain willingly unemployed and after going on multiple vacations recently?

it can only be SFWA because they spend other people's money. Or nobody and he just amde up the fake benefactor.
That’s what I think it was the SFWA, they want the whole mess to go away and be forgotten.
Just today he’s been oinking “she didn’t” when asked about the debt
IMG_1517.jpeg

IMG_1518.jpeg

He wants everyone to know HE didn’t pay it but somebody did - but it wasn’t his money. Pure autism.

Wait, what’s this?
IMG_1519.jpeg

Pretty much confirms who ever paid doesn’t want it getting out that they paid. More signs point to the SFWA because they knew it was coming that Pats finances were going to be examined - how did this broke loser who lives in the ghetto get 100k for a frivolous lawsuit? Whoever paid it doesn’t want anyone to know - especially since their paying members wouldn’t be happy and tax status would get fucked

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
It almost seems like they parted ways after the failed case. I wouldnt be surprised if the SFWA is out of the Tomlinson business. Pat didnt hit the usual conventions this year. Pat probably wore out his welcome.
That and he also removed Tor Books from his profile. Notice he also hasn’t had any science TV appearances which I’m sure was some connection he had from SFWA. They paid to make him go away. Funny how the SWATs stopped as well - I’m thinking they finally caved and paid so now piggy can’t do his bullshit for attention

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
That’s what I think it was the SFWA, they want the whole mess to go away and be forgotten.
Just today he’s been oinking “she didn’t” when asked about the debt
View attachment 160916
View attachment 160917
He wants everyone to know HE didn’t pay it but somebody did - but it wasn’t his money. Pure autism.

Wait, what’s this?
View attachment 160918
Pretty much confirms who ever paid doesn’t want it getting out that they paid. More signs point to the SFWA because they knew it was coming that Pats finances were going to be examined - how did this broke loser who lives in the ghetto get 100k for a frivolous lawsuit? Whoever paid it doesn’t want anyone to know - especially since their paying members wouldn’t be happy and tax status would get fucked
I could totally see him screaming into his phone " You got me into this...now you get me out!" Even though he swore he had all the evidence for a quick and easy win in court and that there was no chance that a troll would actually be able to afford a drawn out case. There is just too much money involved for it to be a family member to finance this retarded case.IMO Lose a ~$80k case and then come up with another ~$70k for Quasis costs just makes me ask questions.

Like I said before, if pat somehow comes up with an instant $30k again than Id think it was the SFWA trying to make it go away. If pat and niki were able to get a loan for this last amount, there is no way he could get a another for the same amount only a few months later.

Ultimately, as long as quasi gets his money then thats all that matters to me. I dont care who payed. Pat is probably more upset about losing to the trolls than wasting someone elses money. This next round of collections will be very telling. I hope whoever helped him tells him he is on his own with this next round.

RickReternal

I hope people Ouija you tweets after your dead
I could totally see him screaming into his phone " You got me into this...now you get me out!" Even though he swore he had all the evidence for a quick and easy win in court and that there was no chance that a troll would actually be able to afford a drawn out case. There is just too much money involved for it to be a family member to finance this retarded case.IMO Lose a ~$80k case and then come up with another ~$70k for Quasis costs just makes me ask questions.

Like I said before, if pat somehow comes up with an instant $30k again than Id think it was the SFWA trying to make it go away. If pat and niki were able to get a loan for this last amount, there is no way he could get a another for the same amount only a few months later.

Ultimately, as long as quasi gets his money then thats all that matters to me. I dont care who payed. Pat is probably more upset about losing to the trolls than wasting someone elses money. This next round of collections will be very telling. I hope whoever helped him tells him he is on his own with this next round.
*I* care who paid because depending on the source/kind of payment (loan v gift) Piggy and/or the SFWA can get lit up on taxes or into other trouble.

That being said, I understand the fatigue around this question. We’ve been chasing our tails for years.

If I'm wrong I'll eat my lasagna hat, but here's a few reasons why I don't think the SFWA had anything to do paying Pat's debts:
  • The people in charge who helped fund the lawsuit initially are no longer in charge
  • They funded the lawsuit ostensibly to combat things like negative reviews on Goodreads (read the lawsuit; negative reviews were a good chunk of it) which could potentially affect other SFWA members besides Pat; this debt payment has no reasoning
  • Pat has not published a science fiction book in over three years
  • Pat does not have a publisher
  • Couple these last two facts into this: Pat has zero clout in the industry
  • SFWA is a 501 (c) nonprofit which means their financial expenditures, especially major ones, can be public; why risk a big payout that solves nothing becoming public?
  • Pat does not even write science fiction any more; the Tiny Tim book is lame comedic satire a la Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, not science fiction
  • His main selling feature--his relatively high twitter following--is increasingly irrelevant as Twitter/X fades away
  • This last one is speculation but Pat is an abrasive asshole to almost everyone so he's bound to have pissed off people in the SFWA who would veto blowing $30k on nonsense that has zero return for the org
TL;DR: Eric Hildeman's wife's bowel problems are caused by her diet. He should switch her to dry food. My recommendation: Purina Pro Plan Lamb and Rice.

G

If I'm wrong I'll eat my lasagna hat, but here's a few reasons why I don't think the SFWA had anything to do paying Pat's debts:
  • The people in charge who helped fund the lawsuit initially are no longer in charge
  • They funded the lawsuit ostensibly to combat things like negative reviews on Goodreads (read the lawsuit; negative reviews were a good chunk of it) which could potentially affect other SFWA members besides Pat; this debt payment has no reasoning
  • Pat has not published a science fiction book in over three years
  • Pat does not have a publisher
  • Couple these last two facts into this: Pat has zero clout in the industry
  • SFWA is a 501 (c) nonprofit which means their financial expenditures, especially major ones, can be public; why risk a big payout that solves nothing becoming public?
  • Pat does not even write science fiction any more; the Tiny Tim book is lame comedic satire a la Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, not science fiction
  • His main selling feature--his relatively high twitter following--is increasingly irrelevant as Twitter/X fades away
  • This last one is speculation but Pat is an abrasive asshole to almost everyone so he's bound to have pissed off people in the SFWA who would veto blowing $30k on nonsense that has zero return for the org
TL;DR: Eric Hildeman's wife's bowel problems are caused by her diet. He should switch her to dry food. My recommendation: Purina Pro Plan Lamb and Rice.
The only possible explanation for the SFWA being behind it is that they might be afraid Pat will spill the beans and open them up to IRS scrutiny. If that were the case, why would they wait until the last second then write Patrick a check? Also, paying for his silence would be extremely illegal and pile on to any criminality that the IRS finds. Also, it's not like the IRS needs probable cause or for somebody to snitch. They can look at anyone's books at any time for any reason or no reason at all.

What likely happened is Quasi's attorney told Fatso's attorney that if Fatty wants to be a deadbeat and sit in jail rather than paying, Niki is next in line. Niki has a business which can be seized and liquidated, and is probably unwilling to sit in jail over a debt that her husband racked up.

Uncle J’s Sink Emporium

Enjoy prison, Y’munkoke
The only possible explanation for the SFWA being behind it is that they might be afraid Pat will spill the beans and open them up to IRS scrutiny. If that were the case, why would they wait until the last second then write Patrick a check? Also, paying for his silence would be extremely illegal and pile on to any criminality that the IRS finds. Also, it's not like the IRS needs probable cause or for somebody to snitch. They can look at anyone's books at any time for any reason or no reason at all.

What likely happened is Quasi's attorney told Fatso's attorney that if Fatty wants to be a deadbeat and sit in jail rather than paying, Niki is next in line. Niki has a business which can be seized and liquidated, and is probably unwilling to sit in jail over a debt that her husband racked up.
Yes exactly. Lynn had no choice at that point.

These new SFWA leaders aren’t committing federal felonies to save their book club from a crime they had nothing to do with. It makes no sense for them to pay and less sense for them to wait that long and then pay and even less to just pay that one judgement and not the others. And I’m sure they sniff around here often enough to know about the other debts.

Harry's Manly Calvester

Wetting Zoomers since 2023
Perhaps more den dat!

That's the minimum, child. Add on the additional postjudgment costs not determined yet/public (including 2 domestications to come) and we could be seeing perhaps more than ~$15k added on top to that, even more if he further delays it and tries to squirrel out. God bless Quasi, El Tigre, & Jerry.
All he had to do was go to a respectable law firm who would tell him "no thanks, the first amendment exists"

Too bad/good the Jews at Minc Law gonna Jew

• Deleted by Harry's Manly Calvester
Show…

Uncle Anthony Cumia

Hot tubs, guns and slack jawed brothers
Imagine trying to sue the internet and all it gets you is a bill for ~$70k to cover the defendants costs. Who knows how much pat had to come out of pocket to cover his own legal fees. What a waste of money. He could have almost paid off half of the hovel, or bought that dream mustang he wants so bad, or built that garage he wishes he had.
None of those things were going to happen, stlaker, who has $17,000 just laying around, child?

NoBacon

The gunslinger.
It was SFWA who bailed him out and backed him originally, you guys are applying a level of competence on them that doesn’t exist.

Look at who runs it, it’s freaks and maladjusted morons. They have no idea what they’re doing. They just wanted to stop the Nazi’s after we made fun of them so much. That’s all it’s ever been.

It was SFWA who bailed him out and backed him originally, you guys are applying a level of competence on them that doesn’t exist.

Look at who runs it, it’s freaks and maladjusted morons. They have no idea what they’re doing. They just wanted to stop the Nazi’s after we made fun of them so much. That’s all it’s ever been.
There's literally no reason for them to bail out Pat here. None. They're stupid but I cannot imagine they're stupid enough to flush $30k down the shitter for literally no reason or payoff.