I wanna see the debtor's movie!

Petworth dude

Owner declined entry
There is no debt, stlaker
IMG_0083.jpeg

G

It’s not fucking SFWA. They don’t have the money to just be paying off shit like that and no way that many timid nerds are putting their necks on the line to protect the last group of leaders who would have started all this shit. It’s totally different people in charge now.
I still think it could be former leadership who don't want Pat's finances looked into.

G

So Cat Rambo sat around and waited for the debt to double and then stroked a personal check for over 30 G’s?

Seems far fetched.
You're assuming Pat would tell her about that, or that she wouldn't believe his nonsense about wriggling out of it. She was stupid enough to dump 100K on this nonsense to begin with. Also she can't have been the only one at SFWA who greenlighted it - everyone involved has skin in the game.

Uncle J’s Sink Emporium

Enjoy prison, Y’munkoke
You're assuming Pat would tell her about that, or that she wouldn't believe his nonsense about wriggling out of it. She was stupid enough to dump 100K on this nonsense to begin with. Also she can't have been the only one at SFWA who greenlighted it - everyone involved has skin in the game.
She and the others spent SFWA money on it but they aren’t in charge of that money anymore. None of the odd bums can afford to find that now with their personal money. It’s way more likely, if they did something illegal, that one of them would have rolled on the others for immunity by now.

G

She and the others spent SFWA money on it but they aren’t in charge of that money anymore.
So they're not culpable for financial crime if they're not holding the bag any more?
None of the odd bums can afford to find that now with their personal money.
You sound pretty certain of that but I don't see any proof.

It’s way more likely, if they did something illegal, that one of them would have rolled on the others for immunity by now.
This is just a naive way of viewing human behavior.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Also note she cancelled her appearance at the last con Pat was a guest for. She doesn’t want to deal with him at all.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
She and the others spent SFWA money on it but they aren’t in charge of that money anymore. None of the odd bums can afford to find that now with their personal money. It’s way more likely, if they did something illegal, that one of them would have rolled on the others for immunity by now.
If I remember there was some concern that this kind of thing if it got out could screw with their charity tax status

Uncle J’s Sink Emporium

Enjoy prison, Y’munkoke
So they're not culpable for financial crime if they're not holding the bag any more?

I never said they’re not culpable, I said they aren’t in charge any more so they can’t agree to paying off the debt. And we have plenty of proof that they’re all a bunch of broke losers. I think Scalzi might be the only SFWA or adjacent person we’ve seen who didn’t live in some poverty shithole.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit

I’m guessing some NDA’s were involved - remember Pat bragged about signing one around the time of the suit? He’s been very careful to tip toe around the vague “group” funding his suit - even to Joshua moon who if I remember right was told by Pat that kind of stuff was off the record

Harry Powell

Semen is the aggression of a man
we don't know every aspect of his life. there are lots of people we don't know about who could've given him the money.

fatrick isn't literally a tv show where there was a character introduced earlier that foreshadowed who paid off the debt.

retards.
We know every single aspect of his life. He posts it. If it’s not on his Twitter it doesn’t exist.

SFWA liaison

Heidi Hildeman customer
we don't know every aspect of his life. there are lots of people we don't know about who could've given him the money.

fatrick isn't literally a tv show where there was a character introduced earlier that foreshadowed who paid off the debt.

retards.
how many people in your own life do you know that will gift you tens of thousands of dollars? while you remain willingly unemployed and after going on multiple vacations recently?

it can only be SFWA because they spend other people's money. Or nobody and he just amde up the fake benefactor.