• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

I wanna see the debtor's movie!

SFWA liaison

Heidi Hildeman customer
But wouldn't the fearful thing to do be to pay early on and be done with it rather than letting the problem linger for 2+ years, open themselves to the subpoena, Patrick to a debtor's exam, facing contempt and jail?

ultimately the choice to skip the debtor's exam was Patrick's, no way they instructed him to disobey a judge and it wouldn't be very fearful of them. It was another opportunity to wire the money a couple of days before the date and make it all moot, which they didn't take.

The amount of dumb fucking bullshit in this thread makes my head spin.
  • And if she did help him, why wouldn't he publicly thank her? He's heaped praise on dumber motherfuckers before.
You're seriously wondering why Pat didn't publicly thank his fucking mother in law for bailing him out of the debt he incurred purely due to his abrasiveness, stubbornness, and idiocy? And you're calling everyone else here stupid? This has to be the dumbest point in this whole thread.

It was his mother in law. This is not complicated. She didn't help Niki out for her previous bankruptcy because Niki was in her 20s with no assets. It's called teaching your child a lesson. What changed this time is Niki owns a house and is married and Lynne has been sold a bill of goods that her daughter's life is in danger from cyberstalkers and she wants to end the whole mess by paying for it to go away. The SFWA does not give a shit about Pat. He's not an author anymore. He has no clout.

"Why didn't Pat publicly thank his mother in law". Thanks for the loff.

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
But wouldn't the fearful thing to do be to pay early on and be done with it rather than letting the problem linger for 2+ years, open themselves to the subpoena, Patrick to a debtor's exam, facing contempt and jail?

ultimately the choice to skip the debtor's exam was Patrick's, no way they instructed him to disobey a judge and it wouldn't be very fearful of them. It was another opportunity to wire the money a couple of days before the date and make it all moot, which they didn't take.
I’d also like to understand the legal authority / method of payment. If I had 30k lying around I don’t think I could just wire it to the court without Patricks knowledge and say “Here, the debt is paid off.” If I, a random person, can’t do that, why can a charity which is also trying to hide it’s financial ties to the guy? You know who I CAN imagine is able to do that? A family member. Specifically the mother of the person listed next to his name on the debt. It is very clear that Pat was forced to take money and pay, with his knowledge or without it. What is a greater threat to Patrick…that a charity he’s barely apart of goes down, where he faces 0 legal or financial repercussions, or Pat faces jail and divorce which directly affect him. I mean we all know the guy is out for himself. He would never accept to pay Quasi because it would tank a bunch of board members he doesn’t know.

FranksWirecutters

Glow nigger. Got any of those IPs for me?
The previous motivation was a suppression of trolls and fake goodread reviews - which failed. The motivation now would be they didn’t want their sneaky finances public, which makes sense, but doesn’t explain why they waited two days before the contempt hearing to do something about this.

She knows Pat is stubborn. If he were jailed he wouldn’t take the debtors exam and wouldn’t pay. He would stay in there, delusional, thinking a mystery benefactor will take sympathy and bail him out or his charges would be overturned. Lynnes motivation is not having her daughters life upended and income halved, forcing her to take on even more of the bills. I don’t think Lynne likes Pat but that doesn’t mean she wants to see her daughters husband go to jail. As to why she waited so long? She was out of the loop and thought they would beat the charges or they weren’t …skipping debtors exams and fucking off payment plans. Reading the pro se would have been the final nail in the coffin that Patrick was fully intent on accepting the consequences of not paying and that this had to end for the sake of the family and Niki.

If they were so fearful they would’ve paid the minute the debt was assigned or a debtors exam was announced. They wouldn’t let him skip the debtors exam, set up a fake payment plan for him to fuck off, then pay at the last minute. In contrast to the SFWA, Lynne again believes we’re white supremacists attacking her son in law for his liberal beliefs. And she’s out of the loop. I can believe she truly thought they had it under control until like a week before the court hearing. However I would imagine a charity committing fraud would be way more on top of this, and with a board, less incompetence. Remember that the consequences for them, jail and a shutting down of the org, are far greater than for Lynne which is having her son in law thrown in jail. The consequences being greater means a great imperative to pay now and quick, which they did not do.

It really is a simple as that.

Option 1. A board meeting with a bunch of pedofiles deciding to pay double what they would have 2 years ago at the last minute. If they were going to pay it they would have paid it right away instead of trusting the tard to figure a way out of it.

Option 2. Nikki sends her mom a copy of the pro se filing and says "he's trying to get sent to jail to prove a point." Her mom, knowing that's another 10k in legal fees, sighs and cashes out 35k from her 401k and sends it directly to the lawyers while saying she's heard great things about that eharmony app she saw on TV.

Some type of sfwa grand conspiracy made sense when the debt happened but not 2 years later. These are people that keep getting caught molesting kids, they're not exactly smart enough to plan out some scheme where they bail the guy out at the last second for no gain.

Jenna

You should take a day off
Theory time!

What if during his media tour some sleazy producer made an offer securing the rights to his story? Like $20k for perpetual rights thinking you can at least make a Lifetime movie out of it. Patrick originally scoffed "you will not control my narrative" but then in the panic leading up to 8/24 he made a pleading phone call.

Now any documentary or adaptation about Patrick's struggles goes through the production company and he has no legal say how he's portrayed.

JebJoh

Possibly because pat kept bullshitting them about the fbi being on the case. Once the fbi arrests the stalkers this will all go away and everyone can go back to day drinking and correcting the record. As deadlines got closer, people started doubting pats assurances and getting the money together. To this day pat believes that the fbi will round everyone up and give him a reward or maybe an honorary fbi badge.

JebJoh

Theory time!

What if during his media tour some sleazy producer made an offer securing the rights to his story? Like $20k for perpetual rights thinking you can at least make a Lifetime movie out of it. Patrick originally scoffed "you will not control my narrative" but then in the panic leading up to 8/24 he made a pleading phone call.

Now any documentary or adaptation about Patrick's struggles goes through the production company and he has no legal say how he's portrayed.
Porsalin already covered most of it. What he missed was covered by confederacy of dunces.

FranksWirecutters

Glow nigger. Got any of those IPs for me?
dno the fact that she has the money and Niki might also be held in contempt.
who cares in the end, Quasi got the cash.
But you're missing the point. The sfwa held an emergency meeting at the last minute because they finally realized after 2 years that Pat's plan of "don't owe a cent" held no ground and they finally looked up that he did lose and was required to pay. This whole time they assumed, that even though he had no lawyer and didn't appeal, and the plan of just putting a blanket over his head and pretending it didn't exist wasn't going to work.

From what I understand Paul Weimer was there because they had 7 year old cheese and he was so excited he blew his load and though it was 7 year old children.

stealthygeek

Reminder: Vincent D'Onofrio blocked Patrick
Rick's now threatening to take down Jerry Jen.

Screenshot_20230903-173436_Brave.jpg

SFWA liaison

Heidi Hildeman customer
the FBI and "$0" was posturing to atalkers, even on twitter he regularly forgot to keep that LARP and cry that the police were doing nothing for his fatphobia. Even more clearly on the media interviews.

0% change Pat hasn't been bitching at SFWA from the very instant the judgement was entered, probably even before since he was talking with Josiah about it.

Rick's now threatening to take down Jerry Jen.
jerry about to commit seppuku before Pat exposes him for being corrupted by Judge Gibney's grand judicial conspiracy hahaha. Pat will leave no mildly Pat-aware civilian unconvinced that he's a tard.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…

PorqueDealer

Portly Pepperoni Purveyor
He only says we when he's getting his ass handed to him or he's impotently projecting power.
There is no 'we' in regards to Jerry, whoever bailed you out wants no more. If you and your wife paid it off, I can assure you that she wants nothing further to do with Jerry. It's just you piggy and only you. If you had put your wife first any number of times in the last 3 years you wouldn't be $50k in the hole. Drunk, Stupid and Fat is no way to go through life

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
I love how he thinks everyone in the suit has equal fault. Lets accept Quasi is JG3 and his dad is a (retired) federal judge…so? As far as i’m aware theres no law barring (retired) judges from giving family member legal advice. Even if JG2 had an active hand in the case it’s not illegal. But what Pat seemed to be arguing in his pro se was that the fact that JG3’s dad is a judge gives JG3 an unfair advantage…which once again doesn’t matter. Look at any lawsuit where one person, lawyer or not, is facing a corporation with an entire legal department. Should any result in the corporations favor be null due to the greater legal strength? Of course not.

And thats not even getting into Jerry Jen. What fucking consequences could he face. I’m not even going to speculate and say “maybe.” He faces none. 0. Pats logic for this has to be some retarded “Quasi is stalking me, Jerry Jen is his lawyer and helped file the lawsuit, so Jerry Jen is participating in the stalking by proxy.” Anyone would tell you thats not how anything works. It’d be like saying (relatively) that Robert Shapiro and Cochran criminally covered up OJ’s murder by defending him. It’s almost too stupid to wrap my head around.

And THATS not even getting into the fact that Patrick believes the entire lawsuit and judgement to not just be illegitimate, but nothing more than another piece of the stalking campaign regardless of it’s legal authority and subsequent rulings. I sort of tapped out during the LOLsuit saga so someone can correct me on this. But as far as I remember: Patrick started the LOLsuit asking for information he knew he could not legally obtain. Submitted fake evidence to court. The entire goal was to scare Quasi and get him to shut down the site. THAT is an example of someone using the law for ulterior motives beyond what the ruling on the actual case will be. And as we all know he got fucked and Quasi had every legal authority to be paid under the quash. Patrick literally chose to file a bullshit lawsuit with the hopes of intimidation then cries foul when he has to owe money…which he now claims is part of the stalking campaign, which it WOULDN’T BE IF HE NEVER BROUGHT THE LAWSUIT!

It cannot be stated enough that EVERYTHING he thinks is bad has to be illegal. I don’t like that Jerry Jen got paid so he’s committing a crime. JG3’s dad is committing a crime by being a judge. They’re committing a crime by asking for a debtors exam. Etc. I refer to the Pretend Podcast episode 4. Quote from Niki: “Ok but telling stalkers to fuck off isn’t illegal!” after being told it was a bad choice. This is their mentality. Bad choice = Illegal. Things I don’t like = Illegal. Pray to god this man never gets any power because he would fuck everything up.