• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

I wanna see the debtor's movie!

SFWA liaison

Heidi Hildeman customer
The SFWA spent eight thousand dollars (according to their court filing) arguing that it was too hard for them to research their financial arangements with Pat.

If he's just a dues-paying member, then what's all that about?
Because they funded the lolsuit, but that doesn't automatically mean they also paid for the judgement debt. Clearly when they filed to quash the subpoena they had NO intention to pay for the judgement, right? why spend money fighting the subpoena when they could've paid right then and there and make it moot?

If SFWA paid the judgement, they neglected it entirely AND MADE IT WORSE from September 30th 2021 until August 22nd of this year? and in a matter of hours did a 180° and chose to pay? Maybe. I agree Pat had (has) leverage over SFWA but waiting until the 11th hour makes little sense for either party.

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Because they funded the lolsuit, but that doesn't automatically mean they also paid for the judgement debt. Clearly when they filed to quash the subpoena they had NO intention to pay for the judgement, right? why spend money fighting the subpoena when they could've paid right then and there and make it moot?

If SFWA paid the judgement, they neglected it entirely AND MADE IT WORSE from September 30th 2021 until August 22nd of this year? and in a matter of hours did a 180° and chose to pay? Maybe. I agree Pat had (has) leverage over SFWA but waiting until the 11th hour makes little sense for either party.
Exactly this. Its a dumb leap of logic. “They paid for the LOLsuit 2 years ago under different management where they had a vested interest so they must have paid for this one too.”

FurBurger

What would you do for a Klondike bar?
Because they funded the lolsuit, but that doesn't automatically mean they also paid for the judgement debt.
You've dodged the question.

Why did the SFWA spend thousands of dollars arguing to a court that their financial relationship with Pat would cost too much money to explain?

The theory that they misappropriated funds to pay for the lolsuit in the first place, and then paid Pat's debt to avoid him going through a debtor's exam and revealing that fact under oath makes sense. But, if you have an alternate explanation as to why they spent so much money hiding their financial relationship with Pat, I'd like to hear it.

why spend money fighting the subpoena when they could've paid right then and there and make it moot?
Because $8k of other people's money is cheaper than going to jail for fraud. Also, they'll have explained to Pat that he's responsible for his half of the lolsuit; and it wasn't until it became absolutely obvious that he was going to take them down with him that they paid the most recent $30k.

Sue Lightning

You've dodged the question.

Why did the SFWA spend thousands of dollars arguing to a court that their financial relationship with Pat would cost too much money to explain?

The theory that they misappropriated funds to pay for the lolsuit in the first place, and then paid Pat's debt to avoid him going through a debtor's exam and revealing that fact under oath makes sense. But, if you have an alternate explanation as to why they spent so much money hiding their financial relationship with Pat, I'd like to hear it.
Ok so again. We accept SFWA paid the 30k. Why did they wait this long. Why didn’t they pay before a debtors exam was announced. Why didn’t they pay after he skipped it. Why didn’t they pay the amortization plan. Why didn’t they pay right after he was faced with contempt. No one is saying they didn’t fund the lawsuit. We’re saying they didn’t fund 30k 2 days before a contempt hearing. If this charity were really shaking in their boots so afraid of us they would have paid off the debt a year ago. Not 2 days before. They put that much faith in Pat they thought he would beat the charges 2 days before?
Because $8k of other people's money is cheaper than going to jail for fraud. Also, they'll have explained to Pat that he's responsible for his half of the lolsuit; and it wasn't until it became absolutely obvious that he was going to take them down with him that they paid the most recent $30k.
Refer to above. They decided to pay 2 DAYS before the contempt hearing. Anyone with a functioning brain, no less a board of people, would realize Pat was going to “take them down” a year ago. Not 2 days before.

Sue Lightning

Oh shit. Patrick Tomlinson has a debtors exam in April where they’ll analyze his finances and find out we broke the law. Someone advise him to skip the exam, set up an amortization plan he won’t pay and a subsequent lawyer he won’t pay either, and then we’ll pay 2 days before the contempt hearing to avoid the debtors exam that we told him to skip.

Its so nonsensical. The only way I can believe the SFWA paid out is if they literally weren’t keeping track of what fatty was doing until a few weeks ago. But that doesn’t really make sense considering Pat is supposedly the lynchpin holding their house of cards together from an illegal operation being exposed.

Sue Lightning

You've dodged the question again.

Its not dodging the question, I just don’t think its relevant. They paid off the lawsuit. This is almost undeniable. Why 2 years later under new management would they shell out 30k to a guy who’s barely a member, 2 days before his contempt charge, rather than at any other time. You’re telling me this charity committing illegal acts and fraud placed their bets with a fat retard to beat the case and only realized it was a lost cause 2 days before?

SFWA liaison

Heidi Hildeman customer
in fairness to the dark money donor side, "why wait until the very last minute" also applies to Patrick paying for it himself to some degree. I personally think he had delusions that his media tour would somehow connect him with someone who'd help him.

because them funding the lolsuit is legally problematic and their correspondence with Pat would show it was abuse of process.

Nobody bothers to answer because this is pretty widely agreed upon. This does not automatically mean they paid the judgement. IMO it's the opposite, at least at that time they had NO intention to pay for it or they would've done it back then. Not just to save $8k but to avoid the possibility the judge ruled against them.

Sue Lightning

But ok let me answer the question and explain why it’s irrelevant. They spent thousands of dollars to hide their connection to Pat because they obviously paid off his lawsuit with member funds which is, as far as I understand, illegal.

Yes. This means they COULD have a vested interest in having Patrick avoid a debtors exam at all costs. (Assuming this debtors exam would reveal SFWA funded the lawsuit. We don’t even know that. The debtors exam was simply trying to figure out Pats income relative to the outstanding debt. Not “Hey did a charity pay for your lawsuit 2 years ago?”)

But again. We assume they’re ready to pay off the debt to avoid a debtors exam. And instead of paying off the debt BEFORE the exam they have Pat skip it and face a contempt charge before paying it with 2 days left.

Martin

Thinks sucking cock is legal
Theres just such a need to turn Patrick into some dark money genius when in reality he’s a fat broke rube taking hand outs from family.
Photo_1693769443620.png

Udders

Great food
This is a great discussion because of the three options (SFWA, Lynne, or Pat/Niki themselves), there's a strong case for and against all of them.

I've leaned toward the SFWA side myself since the last thing they'd want is details of their finances coming out. Whyd they wait so long? They probably have no idea what a debtor exam is or that Quaso domesticated the debt, why would they? If it was them, it's obvious Pat wouldn't tell them about any of this until the very last minute. But who knows? That's why it's so interesting to theorize through the possibilities.

JebJoh

But ok let me answer the question and explain why it’s irrelevant. They spent thousands of dollars to hide their connection to Pat because they obviously paid off his lawsuit with member funds which is, as far as I understand, illegal.

Yes. This means they COULD have a vested interest in having Patrick avoid a debtors exam at all costs. (Assuming this debtors exam would reveal SFWA funded the lawsuit. We don’t even know that. The debtors exam was simply trying to figure out Pats income relative to the outstanding debt. Not “Hey did a charity pay for your lawsuit 2 years ago?”)

But again. We assume they’re ready to pay off the debt to avoid a debtors exam. And instead of paying off the debt BEFORE the exam they have Pat skip it and face a contempt charge before paying it with 2 days left.
I’m starting to vaguely see what you are saying now, took me a few reads, I suspect the truth lies in a misappropriation of funds that was ignored by previous, pat friendly admins. I think there should be a lawsuit to sort out the obvious financial malfeasance. I doubt those who contributed to the fund can afford to have that money wasted on garbage.

FurBurger

What would you do for a Klondike bar?
You seem to misunderstand what i’m saying. SWFA paid off the lawsuit. They did not pay off his debt last month. That was Lynne.

Just because they paid off the lawsuit does not mean they paid off the debt.
OK, but you acknowledge that the SFWA have a pretty powerful - and personal - motivation.

What's Lynne's motivation? Pat's charm and wit? Her desire to help him avoid a couple of days in jail?

Because if there isn't a fawkin' powerful reason that she'd pay Pat's debts in full, despite letting her stupid daughter go bankrupt and ruin her credit, then I'm going to go with the most likely explanation - that the people personally facing jail time over this clusterfuck panicked and paid other people's money to make it all go away.

And yes; they did leave it to the last minute, due to incompetence and fear.

Sue Lightning

OK, but you acknowledge that the SFWA have a pretty powerful - and personal - motivation.
The previous motivation was a suppression of trolls and fake goodread reviews - which failed. The motivation now would be they didn’t want their sneaky finances public, which makes sense, but doesn’t explain why they waited two days before the contempt hearing to do something about this.
What's Lynne's motivation? Pat's charm and wit? Her desire to help him avoid a couple of days in jail?
She knows Pat is stubborn. If he were jailed he wouldn’t take the debtors exam and wouldn’t pay. He would stay in there, delusional, thinking a mystery benefactor will take sympathy and bail him out or his charges would be overturned. Lynnes motivation is not having her daughters life upended and income halved, forcing her to take on even more of the bills. I don’t think Lynne likes Pat but that doesn’t mean she wants to see her daughters husband go to jail. As to why she waited so long? She was out of the loop and thought they would beat the charges or they weren’t …skipping debtors exams and fucking off payment plans. Reading the pro se would have been the final nail in the coffin that Patrick was fully intent on accepting the consequences of not paying and that this had to end for the sake of the family and Niki.
Because if there isn't a fawkin' powerful reason that she'd pay Pat's debts in full, despite letting her stupid daughter go bankrupt and ruin her credit, then I'm going to go with the most likely explanation - that the people personally facing jail time over this clusterfuck panicked and paid other people's money to make it all go away.

And yes; they did leave it to the last minute, due to incompetence and fear.
If they were so fearful they would’ve paid the minute the debt was assigned or a debtors exam was announced. They wouldn’t let him skip the debtors exam, set up a fake payment plan for him to fuck off, then pay at the last minute. In contrast to the SFWA, Lynne again believes we’re white supremacists attacking her son in law for his liberal beliefs. And she’s out of the loop. I can believe she truly thought they had it under control until like a week before the court hearing. However I would imagine a charity committing fraud would be way more on top of this, and with a board, less incompetence. Remember that the consequences for them, jail and a shutting down of the org, are far greater than for Lynne which is having her son in law thrown in jail. The consequences being greater means a great imperative to pay now and quick, which they did not do.