Happy 9/11

I find radio shows from that day like stern really interesting as you get a feel for it more than more professional news broadcasts but this is actually pretty good considering it's TV. You'd have that they would go directly to the news or at least tip off the studio audience who go wild during the intro even though the show knows something is happening

this is the best footage I've ever seen, he does it Toss__Pot style... hilarious!

Let's see what happened with the 3rd plane! I'm sorry to my american fellas... it was Regis who said it!

Last edited:

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
I find radio shows from that day like stern really interesting as you get a feel for it more than more professional news broadcasts but this is actually pretty good considering it's TV. You'd have that they would go directly to the news or at least tip off the studio audience who go wild during the intro even though the show knows something is happening

I remember for at least a couple days after it every channel was the news 24/7

BoomerSperg

What did 1.2 mean by this?

I was in school but they didn’t let us go home and I remember one faggot social studies teacher telling us it’s not important and whatever bullshit he planned on teaching that day was more important. Guy was a real narcissist. Weird thinking about something that huge happening and people didn’t have smart phones - we had to rely on trying to find out what’s going on from the school computers internet and everything was of course slow / down. My parents had the day Kennedy shot as their huge moment now I had my own “where were you when” major event.

I can’t believe a lot of schools let out - I don’t think any of the schools in my area of the northeast let the kids out early. I remember some kids who drove to school (I wasn’t old enough for my license) got shit for leaving early.
It's funny in retrospect that we got out because I lived in the deep south as a kid and the general view of everyone who lived north of Virginia was that they were fags at best.

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
The only context I can find

1694467533166.png

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit

It's funny in retrospect that we got out because I lived in the deep south as a kid and the general view of everyone who lived north of Virginia was that they were fags at best.
What’s even crazier they didn’t let us out of the schools in my area was we were about an hour from Schwenksville and two hours or so from NYC and nobody knew what was going on but you would think somewhere in between could be next. I know some parents came and got their kids but we all had to go on with the day like it wasn’t a major deal.

Build Black Better

Just say no to crack but yes to parmesan
I woke up late that day and turned on the TV and it only took me a minute or two to realize it was the real deal. I immediately went to the bathroom and vomited, the reason being that my ex-wife had a temp job that day in lower Manhattan and I had no idea if it was in the WTC or within a few blocks.

I still cared about her back then, so it's the only time I've puked for an emotional reason. Luckily a coworker gave her a ride home to New Jersey, but she didn't make it home until after midnight. We both had cell phones, but of course we couldn't get through to each other. I wasn't a dad yet, so I'd never been that worried before for so many hours.

I wonder if it's because of this thread that for the first time I had a dream last night about my current wife dying. In the dream I couldn't stop crying. I'm quite sure that wouldn't happen in real life. Does that mean I don't actually hate her as much as I think I do? Or maybe that I just wish I could love her more than I actually do.

Edit: I'm not the least bit superstitious, but I've thought about how my first marriage was doomed from all the bad omens: The fraternity house that I lived in where we met in college was eventually torn down, the hotel where we had our wedding reception burned down, the house we lived in for our last 8 years together was torn down, and last but not least the WTC itself. I proposed to her at the Windows on the World restaurant on top of the World Trade Center, and she dragged me to those cult-like self-improvement seminars that used to be called Landmark Education at the WTC in 2000. I later found out that's where she made up her mind to dump me a year later with no warning, while I was fawkin sitting there next to her not even wanting to be there.

She decided to mudshark the blackest African at work and eventually spawned a few slightly overcooked niglets with him. Once you go black, you're never invited back. The most fucked up part of it was that all of a sudden after 12 years she wanted to me to get her pregnant after she had already secretly made up her mind to leave me. Guess she was weighing the pros and cons of burning coal.

Last edited:

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
We both had cell phones, but of course we couldn't get through to each other.
That was because the FBI shut down practically every cell tower within 50 miles of Manhattan for two weeks on and off. You could not get proper cell phone reception in NYC for months after 9/11. Trying to send things like text messages or an SMS image were impossible as well.