• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Dan just dropped the docs

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Forum Clout
If Pat had just waited he could have built a convincing case around Dan Mullen. Dumbass could've gotten 5 sinks and sent the Dan Man to the poorhouse. Now he's facing jailtime and couldn't afford what (in my opinion) would probably be a legitimate lawsuit.
To be fair, I don't think any of us two and a half years ago could've predicted the Dan Mullen saga unfolding the way it did.

Steve Ramone

Forum Clout
I guess also the judge is dealing with a full docket of bullshit all day every day, he is brand new to this complete retardation happening on a radio show forum, so just don’t complicate it, he can’t possibly grasp the intricacies of Dan Mullen filming you and playing with voodoo toys etc so don’t bother bringing it up.

To my midwit problem solving brain I can’t see a single route Patrick can take.

You were ignorant of the proceedings? Nope, you’ve been served on record and have posted on your public social media you are fully aware of it all.

You haven’t got the means to comply? Nope, you posted on your public social media that you have and are choosing not to. You’ve also documented years of travel and spending lavishly.

You haven’t got round to arranging a deal? Nope, your own lawyer struck you off for not complying with a deal you signed.

You don’t agree with “paying your abuser?” Doesn’t matter, not relevant to the case at hand.

You’re being swatted / trolled? Doesn’t matter, people have sympathy for it but it’s not relevant.

What can he possibly do? The only optimal move left is getting a lawyer to plead for leniency and yet another chance to comply with the court and just accept whatever happens for refusing till this point. He won’t do that obviously because he’s borderline learning disabled.
He's going to do something completely unpredictable and stupid. This is a guy who showed the news his tiny penis while being cuffed and wrote on his shitty siding with a dry erase marker to try to get out of this.

He's thinking "I did that shit, and it didn't work, I need to step it up." What that looks like, I think it's impossible for any rational person to guess. What I can tell you is it will backfire hilariously.

Lucky Buddha Beer

You will be incapacitated if you do not flush
Forum Clout
Speaking out of my depth here but why not I have admin power on a forum of queers, I must know everything about everything.

Just like with most non-practical schools, law school doesn't seem to prepare you for actually practicing law. It is a separate skill to memorize cases and reference them in papers or to pass the bar, than to think creatively and against an opponent who is working to make you fail. I bet high level chess GMs could likely be excellent lawyers. We joke about brinton's user of gamesmanship, but that's the entire job doofus. Unless you're just doing contract boilerplate law, thats what you do with every motion,hearing and trial.

Law school is grueling, but I think that's the main part. The slog. That's what I've heard from a lot of PHDs, and PHD dropouts in my field. The dropouts are often the smartest ones. A few stats PHDs that dropped out to work in data analytics i've talked to said that unless you want to just work in academia your whole life. Fight for grants, 1-2 major research programs in your entire career, and likely fail your hypothesis at both... why the fuck would you keep going. Remember you can take the bar as many times as you want.

tl/dr - law school is hard but the difficulties don't translate to the practical application of those skills in the real world.
I agree. As a guy who MAY be working in immigration law. It takes a smart motivated person as a default, the schooling is icing. The smart person makes the best of it. The dolt cruises while still obtaining the same credentials and they get a punch to the head awakening later. You should talk to some of my former "equals" (classmates).

And humourously, allegedly, the US Bar pathway is easier than the equivalent here in Canada which I MAY reside in.

Then comes the merit part of the career, and oh boy some people bomb it hard.

Toothless Enthusiast

Killed by Patrick!
Forum Clout
He's going to do something completely unpredictable and stupid. This is a guy who showed the news his tiny penis while being cuffed and wrote on his shitty siding with a dry erase marker to try to get out of this.

He's thinking "I did that shit, and it didn't work, I need to step it up." What that looks like, I think it's impossible for any rational person to guess. What I can tell you is it will backfire hilariously.
Frantically pacing around the half-hovel trying to arrange a 44th swatting whilst simultaneously recording another news segment in German perhaps?

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Forum Clout
Don't owe a single penny, stal...

oopsie.png

BertCooper

Forum Clout
Speaking out of my depth here but why not I have admin power on a forum of queers, I must know everything about everything.

Just like with most non-practical schools, law school doesn't seem to prepare you for actually practicing law. It is a separate skill to memorize cases and reference them in papers or to pass the bar, than to think creatively and against an opponent who is working to make you fail. I bet high level chess GMs could likely be excellent lawyers. We joke about brinton's user of gamesmanship, but that's the entire job doofus. Unless you're just doing contract boilerplate law, thats what you do with every motion,hearing and trial.

Law school is grueling, but I think that's the main part. The slog. That's what I've heard from a lot of PHDs, and PHD dropouts in my field. The dropouts are often the smartest ones. A few stats PHDs that dropped out to work in data analytics i've talked to said that unless you want to just work in academia your whole life. Fight for grants, 1-2 major research programs in your entire career, and likely fail your hypothesis at both... why the fuck would you keep going. Remember you can take the bar as many times as you want.

tl/dr - law school is hard but the difficulties don't translate to the practical application of those skills in the real world.
I find the biggest difference isn’t the quality of schools but the culture. European law schools are very clubby and gay with their “societies” but is also has a network effect where students don’t stray too far from accepted behaviors once outside and it all becomes very cliquish.

You have that at the top US law schools but once outside the top 10, it’s much more anarchic and informal on what you do after you get out.