• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Canadiana, best and worst

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Forum Clout
I'm guessing this was a time when a burger and fries would be like 12 bucks? Like... what is the expensive ingredient? Fuck poutine.
They had moose and venison burgers for like $20 and I think the cheapest regular hamburger was $14 again. It's just because it's the only place in that particular campground to get food so they can gouge you for it. Like buying cigarettes on the highway, it's always more.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Forum Clout
How many of ya leafs got a GT with a Bobby Hull poster for Christmas one year?
WWAWD having fond memories of the GT Snowracer but it actually being an inferior tobogganing vehicle? The front ski always dug in and eventually slowed you down.

The best one I ever had was a little inflatable one that was just big enough to go under your ass. I fucking FLEW down hills on that bitch.

Turk February

Our experiences exceed yours.
Forum Clout
WWAWD having fond memories of the GT Snowracer but it actually being an inferior tobogganing vehicle? The front ski always dug in and eventually slowed you down.

The best one I ever had was a little inflatable one that was just big enough to go under your ass. I fucking FLEW down hills on that bitch.
In Waterloo we had a place called "Crater Park" and its just a weird hole in the ground, best place to sled, and we'd sled there and all share sleds, loved the gt. But my favorite memory of it is we'd just ride bikes down the hill and slam the brakes in the summer and flip on our asses. A girl named Sarah tried it once and cried cuz she got hurt, we feigned being sorry for her while laughing behind her back.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Forum Clout
In Waterloo we had a place called "Crater Park" and its just a weird hole in the ground, best place to sled, and we'd sled there and all share sleds, loved the gt. But my favorite memory of it is we'd just ride bikes down the hill and slam the brakes in the summer and flip on our asses. A girl named Sarah tried it once and cried cuz she got hurt, we feigned being sorry for her while laughing behind her back.
My friend's kid has a sick GT. They make them bigger now and they have fucking shocks

RoxburyRick

Forum Clout
there was a thread the other day "Have you ever been in a physical fight" or something, and I changed my mind against commenting on it, because in Canada as a kid fighting is just something you do every day until you graduate university, I have too many fight stories.
It's (was) white. Fighting is relatively safe and the old white Canadian culture had a sense of honor built into it. I fought all the time in grade and middle school and as soon as I got to high school in the city you'd see nigs and Mexicans stomping people who are already unconscious. Fuck that.

Turk February

Our experiences exceed yours.
Forum Clout
It's (was) white. Fighting is relatively safe and the old white Canadian culture had a sense of honor built into it. I fought all the time in grade and middle school and as soon as I got to high school in the city you'd see nigs and Mexicans stomping people who are already unconscious. Fuck that.
I don't exactly agree with that cuz the shit I've seen white Canadian people, both boys and girls do to each other is so brutal. But it's possible it's worse now.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Forum Clout
Also the fact that you fight in hockey and there's unwritten rules about trying to kill the other guy. I only fought twice when I played but it's fuckin weird how gentlemanly both of them were
I fought a bunch and pretty much every time it was a "we gonna go?" thing. I'd usually give guys a knuckle pound after too. The only times I ever just dropped my shit and went at a guy is if they fucked with my goalie or if someone absolutely crushed a little guy.

Say "guy" again, ssssstupid.

Last edited: