WWAW better call Saul season 6 predictions?

G

The total worshipping of this show on Reddit is the most pretentiously hipsterish thing I've ever witnessed. It's actually taboo to say anything other than it's way better than Breaking Bad.

Say whatever you want about BB but at least there were always stakes and something to keep you interested, especially from S3 onwards. This fucking show is just endless pretentious montages and fan service.

Also Gus' lumpy face is so distracting. He looks fucking ancient compared to how he did in BB.
Mike is covered in liver spots and clearly doesn't want to be doing this anymore. He's barely in it and sleepwalks through every scene.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Mike is covered in liver spots and clearly doesn't want to be doing this anymore. He's barely in it and sleepwalks through every scene.
The first season of BCS had passable de-aging on all of the actors and actresses for the most part. But now they are not even trying. Gus and Mike look like they are being dragged out of their deathbeds to film each scene. Jimmy and Kim look older on BCS than they are in real life. They are supposed to be a young married couple. Watching Mike do any action sequence is so bad I just have to laugh at this point thinking of how miserable it must be for the actor.

I still think of DeNiro doing that awful scene in The Irishman where he is beating up the shopkeeper for messing with his daughter. I just think that he likely was exhausted doing the scene and saw how bad it was on film when they showed it to him after. And he wanted to punish stupid Scorsese for not hiring a stunt double and pushed for the scene to be left as is. And he refused to reshoot it after one take knowing how awful it was.

G

The total worshipping of this show on Reddit is the most pretentiously hipsterish thing I've ever witnessed. It's actually taboo to say anything other than it's way better than Breaking Bad.

Say whatever you want about BB but at least there were always stakes and something to keep you interested, especially from S3 onwards. This fucking show is just endless pretentious montages and fan service.

Also Gus' lumpy face is so distracting. He looks fucking ancient compared to how he did in BB.

It keeps making me think I'm watching an alternate timeline where Gus has survived or something.

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
It keeps making me think I'm watching an alternate timeline where Gus has survived or something.

I'm not sure why. It's totally believable that the man on top is at least half a decade younger than the man on the bottom. Doesn't break the immersion at all.

better-call-saul.jpg

gus-fring.jpg

AntSucks

★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Every episode has about 5-10 minutes of musical vignettes, usually at the start, to establish MYSTERY. Then there's about 10-15 minutes of chit-chat to establish CONTRAST. There's maybe 5 minutes that drive the story forward, and the only interesting thing happens at the end (TENSION). And now at the end of episode 5 we're back in The Lab\Deathstar (FAN SERVICE).

It's honestly painful how bad this show got. Howard is the only interesting character left

Stent

sorry, jelly. find your peanut butter
Gus Fring was supposed to be in complete control. He was exacting, uptight and he demanded perfection. Now he's a fatty with titties before Breaking Bad starts. That scene in the last episode where it's a low aspect shot of him walking towards the camera and you can see his big old man belly made me laugh.

ChildSpitTake

"He's ducking through the alleys!"
Gus Fring was supposed to be in complete control. He was exacting, uptight and he demanded perfection. Now he's a fatty with titties before Breaking Bad starts. That scene in the last episode where it's a low aspect shot of him walking towards the camera and you can see his big old man belly made me laugh.
I noticed the fat old man belly too, reminded me of

:image_9247_lg:

and it was just lamentable

G

Thoughts on this week's episode:
About halfway through, I had to pause the show and have horrendous diarrhea. It happened during a Panera commercial, which made me loff. That's what I'll remember most about this episode. I spent most of it thinking about rewatching The Sopranos again.

G

I'm not sure why. It's totally believable that the man on top is at least half a decade younger than the man on the bottom. Doesn't break the immersion at all.

better-call-saul.jpg

gus-fring.jpg
This just made me think about one reason BCS is just not on BB's level. Breaking Bad was shot on film, and the wardrobe choices, set dressings, and lighting are so much more memorable. BCS is shot digitally and doesn't look bad, but it doesn't really stand out like BB did. It's more flat looking.

ChildSpitTake

"He's ducking through the alleys!"
This just made me think about one reason BCS is just not on BB's level. Breaking Bad was shot on film, and the wardrobe choices, set dressings, and lighting are so much more memorable. BCS is shot digitally and doesn't look bad, but it doesn't really stand out like BB did. It's more flat looking.
Solid points.

Tonights episode was dull, except for the Lalo scene. I thought the Mike/Kaylee scene was fine too. Honestly, I would tell you if I didn't.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Mike and kaylee scene was so gay.
It sort of made sense. The twins once pointed a gun at Kaylee as a threat. So Mike uses the excuse of "Lalo might come for them to get to me, to get to Gus" as an excuse to see his granddaughter. But like most things in BCS it just takes too long to get to the point of any scene. And this season they are really stretching things out as much as possible and we are not even halfway there yet.

Stent

sorry, jelly. find your peanut butter
I hope the mid-season finale opens with a shot of a bar of soap sitting next to a sink with a few small bubbles and a little water around it. After the intro, they have the entire episode as a montage of Fring washing his hands and looking in the mirror without any emotion, all shot from different angles. Then in the final brief shot of the show they have Kim sitting in her parked car looking apprehensive until she catches her reflection in the rear view mirror. Her mood changes to determination. Cut to the credits. 10/10. 5 stars. All the feels. BCS just hits different.

Dummy Gaynuts

Pookie-pie water-pig
I hope the mid-season finale opens with a shot of a bar of soap sitting next to a sink with a few small bubbles and a little water around it. After the intro, they have the entire episode as a montage of Fring washing his hands and looking in the mirror without any emotion, all shot from different angles. Then in the final brief shot of the show they have Kim sitting in her parked car looking apprehensive until she catches her reflection in the rear view mirror. Her mood changes to determination. Cut to the credits. 10/10. 5 stars. All the feels. BCS just hits different.
Spoiler that shit, man

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
It's so hard to believe this is the last season of this show and it's pretty much half way done already. When the fuck is something actually going to happen? Christ.

Also have they just abandoned the present day Saul storyline? I can't imagine how awful and forced the Jesse and Walt cameos are going to be too. Purely watching out of curiosity to see how bad this shit is going to get at this point. I'm predicting an even worse ending than game of thrones had.

Last edited:

AntSucks

★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
What in the fuck has even happened this season? This show is really bad. Why do directors think a scene showing a character making coffee is interesting or artistic? Do Hollywood writers think a coffee machine is a space shuttle or something. They did it in Breaking Bad already anyway, showing Gale and is coffee setup. And we already know Howard is meticulous. We learned that 5 seasons ago.

And last episode, they showed Gus neatly setting out his wardrobe again. We've seen this shit already. He did it in Breaking Bad.

Why are we wasting time on Kim's childhood? What's the point of any of this?

G

I've loved Vince Gilligan since The X-Files days, but this show is a bore. It's film school masturbation at this point with all the wacky perspective shots and montages. I'm expecting Jimmy to have his "breaking bad" moment when Kim either runs away or gets killed.

My prediction for the final scene: Saul is working at the Cinnabon when Kim strolls in an they see each other again for first time in a decade. He's in Nebraska now, where Kim grew up.