WWAW Better Call Saul coming out again this coming monday?

G

Pros:

There's only 3 episodes left

The pre-credits opening scene of Carol Burnett and Gene was not awful. Too bad it had to connect to the rest of the show.

We have another fuck-awful cash grab prequel series to look forward to hearing about endlessly for a decade. House of the Dragon starts next month!!!!!! LITERALLY SHITTING AND CUMMING MY PANTS FROM EXCITEMENT

Cons:

Everything @LingerLonger already said about it. Pretty much my feelings exactly. I knew as soon as the cab driver walked into his mother's house, the episode was fucked. I thought for a second they'd have the balls to have the whole heist fail and Saul actually have to deal with something, then I remembered what show I'm watching and everything was magically okay. They had no clue how to resolve the Gene storyline, and the lack of any satisfying conclusion showed that this episode was blatant filler to buy time. The practicing in the snow was especially terrible.

AntSucks

★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
They're just fucking with us now. The entire episode was inane babble, over a scam that would have been lame in Season 1. I watched it at 1.5speed, and then moved it up to 2x. Spoiler Alert: It sucked, but it just seemed like a way to wrap up the taxi driver storyline they've been dragging out for years. And the Black and White looked ugly. It looked like Clerks. Can't they just use film?

Screenshot_25.jpg

The Fuchitive

Still alive as of January 2024
They're just fucking with us now. The entire episode was inane babble, over a scam that would have been lame in Season 1. I watched it at 1.5speed, and then moved it up to 2x. Spoiler Alert: It sucked, but it just seemed like a way to wrap up the taxi driver storyline they've been dragging out for years. And the Black and White looked ugly. It looked like Clerks. Can't they just use film?

View attachment 56005
You just don’t get Vince’s brilliance here bro! You see, all series long they’ve been using black and white for the “Gene” scenes to indicate that the inner spark (color) of Jimmy is gone! Once he gets it back, the scenes will be in a brilliant, over saturated array of colors! If you have to endure through an episode of shitty black and white to get to that amazing, unexpected payoff then so be it!

Bravo Vince!

The Fuchitive

This episode warmed up to that, with a 10 minute montage of a security guard we've never seen before eating dessert scrolls.
Remember when this show was pitched as some sort of comedy?

Then Vince decided “nahhh, actually we’re going to make it Breaking Bad Jr. Except way artsier and with as little of the shit people liked about BB as possible!”

G

Remember when this show was pitched as some sort of comedy?

Then Vince decided “nahhh, actually we’re going to make it Breaking Bad Jr. Except way artsier and with as little of the shit people liked about BB as possible!”
I mean, fuck Vince Gilligan too, but he was pretty hands off starting in early season 3. At that point Peter Gouldensteinberg became primary showrunner. No coincidence that the show peaks in season 3 with the courtroom episode.

The Fuchitive

There is no way that person is not a pedophile.

I mean, fuck Vince Gilligan too, but he was pretty hands off starting in early season 3. At that point Peter Gouldensteinberg became primary showrunner. No coincidence that the show peaks in season 3 with the courtroom episode.
I thought the first part of season 6 was pretty good until it became obvious they made the plot way too convoluted and had to conclude 6 gorillion loose ends in one go.

The time skip was the last nail in the coffin for me and this episode is a truck load of concrete poured onto the coffin.

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
Holy fucking Christ, that stunk! I can't even be bothered to break down everything that was wrong with that episode but Jesus fuck, how anyone can still defend this show at this point is mind boggling. VG really did just get lucky with Breaking Bad. He's a fucking hack who's been too terrified to leave that universe for the past decade so he's just milked it for all its worth and retards have ate it up.

If I can offer some constructive criticism though - They should've included more shots of that fat fuck security guard saying 'mmm mmm mmm' while eating his pastry. Fucking riveting television that is.

Bonus pretentious Reddit fag comment -

Welp no one died so I have to rate that episode a 0/10. Me no can focus without shoot shoot bang bang

Boo Vince

These people legitimately think they're smart by all making some variation of that same comment every week for years. The most retarded, obnoxious fanbase of any show in history by far. Enjoy the remaining 3 episodes of your shitshow, you cultish fucks.

G

Put it this way he the heart attack had killed him this episode wouldn't be some great unfulfilled work of art. It was fucking boring. I was checking my phone. I don't even remember who this guy was?
The thief was this guy, but they had to recast him because their schedules clashed:

saythelinebart.jpg

In recasting him, they completely changed his character. He was originally intimidating, creepy, and potentially crazy. The new actor turned him into John Dupee.
Their first retcon of something the writers couldn't follow through on. "Oh that character who was going to be Gene's biggest threat? Yeah we'll just replace him with someone else."

G

The thief was this guy, but they had to recast him because their schedules clashed:

View attachment 56017

In recasting him, they completely changed his character. He was originally intimidating, creepy, and potentially crazy. The new actor turned him into John Dupee.
Their first retcon of something the writers couldn't follow through on. "Oh that character who was going to be Gene's biggest threat? Yeah we'll just replace him with someone else."
Oh and let's remove any sense of menace by making him a sad sack loser who Gene immediately dominates by...making him steal stuff because Gene knew that's what he really wants? In the same breath, Gene says he knows it's not about the money, then cites money as a benefit to his plan. "The game." Yuck.

For no reason at all, let's see who wrote this episode:

UN-Birthday-3-1.jpg

TheYepster

yep yep yep yep yep

View attachment 56017

Is his rubber dog shit salesman job really that important that he had to cancel on the biggest show on the planet right now

PogromStallone

Give Me Some Money
Holy fucking Christ, that stunk! I can't even be bothered to break down everything that was wrong with that episode but Jesus fuck, how anyone can still defend this show at this point is mind boggling. VG really did just get lucky with Breaking Bad. He's a fucking hack who's been too terrified to leave that universe for the past decade so he's just milked it for all its worth and retards have ate it up.

If I can offer some constructive criticism though - They should've included more shots of that fat fuck security guard saying 'mmm mmm mmm' while eating his pastry. Fucking riveting television that is.

Bonus pretentious Reddit fag comment -

These people legitimately think they're smart by all making some variation of that same comment every week for years. The most retarded, obnoxious fanbase of any show in history by far. Enjoy the remaining 3 episodes of your shitshow, you cultish fucks.
Funny how you bring up that pretentious comment when there are several people in this thread that has said it unironically.

You people are all retarded. Go rewatch Sopranos for the umpteenth time.