• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

World Cup 2022.

HR@PaneraBread

Pretty soon we won't even need to come to work
Forum Clout
Simulation?
Ahhhh busted. Yeah, you got us red handed. You're all still at work in a cryo-sleep induced by us via tranquilizers in your Spinach and Avocado wraps. Funny how even in your coma dreams you all still post here.

nah honsetly we don't give a shit about this, but all the health conscious moms are watching so worth droppin' a few dimes on. Jets at foxboro today!

Monk

Forum Clout
Wonder what the first good match will be. Spain vs. Portugal on the second day of the tournament in 2018 was a classic. Senegal vs. Netherlands has potential but it seems like most of the good matchups are later in the group stage.

G

Arabs are almost as unathletic as Jews
1668965471166.png

G

American commentators yikh...

good aesthetic to the stadiums, glad most of the games are decent hours but I'll still miss most live. Oh well.

Monk

Forum Clout
American commentators yikh...

good aesthetic to the stadiums, glad most of the games are decent hours but I'll still miss most live. Oh well.
The Fox Sports announcers sound like faggots who should be calling women's gymnastics or ice skating. The only decent American soccer announcer I've heard works for NBC Sports doing PL matches but I have no idea what his name is.

Forum Clout
I can't really enjoy the World Cup if it's in the winter. What am I supposed to do, day drink in my own house? It's fucking retarded and the USMNT and whole US Soccer org needs to be fired.

The only man I trust to fix this mess is Clint Mathis and he, smartly, would rather spend his time fishing.

G

I can't really enjoy the World Cup if it's in the winter. What am I supposed to do, day drink in my own house? It's fucking retarded and the USMNT and whole US Soccer org needs to be fired.

The only man I trust to fix this mess is Clint Mathis and he, smartly, would rather spend his time fishing.
What does the US soccer org have to do with when the world cup is?

G

Ecuadorian taunting the Qatari fans in their own turf (makes the 'bribe' gesture): [URL]https://twitter.com/nocontextfooty/status/1594375358467690496?s=20&t=DNutJYa0dcOiZ_2YGtaChQ[/URL]

G

What does the US soccer org have to do with when the world cup is?
idk what he's talking about, but tbh US soccer peaked around 2009ish. Most players back then would go straight to Europe at the age of 17 or something, and develop thru the youth system. in the FIFA 2010 World Cup, the US goalkeeper (Tim Howard, captained at Tottenham i member) was better than even the England one (Joe Hart)

Now most are homegrown MLS products and by the time they're 22-23, lag behind the Europeans/South Americans in technical ability/experience etc.

Canada fawkin topped this years CONCACAF qualifiers (never happened before...which shows Mexico is slowly also declining, tho they have a larger local pool to draw from and enough Mexicans playing at top levels abroad still).

G

if US soccer had any sense, they'd develop a system to scout the next Neymar in Brazil, the next Messi in Argentina...bring them over to the US when they're 12-13, promise their families citizenship and in a decade they'd have a World Cup winning side and soccer would become huge here, because Muricans love winners (like Dan).

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Forum Clout
if US soccer had any sense, they'd develop a system to scout the next Neymar in Brazil, the next Messi in Argentina...bring them over to the US when they're 12-13, promise their families citizenship and in a decade they'd have a World Cup winning side and soccer would become huge here, because Muricans love winners (like Dan).
What the US needs is another conflict between former Yugoslavian counties. I remember when all the Bosnians and Croatians showed up and our soccer team in highschool was insane.

Dennyislife

Forum Clout
They'd be completely free to say yeah sure and then at the last moment decide they are also Brazilian when they have a green card etc and tell you to do one.

Forum Clout
idk what he's talking about, but tbh US soccer peaked around 2009ish. Most players back then would go straight to Europe at the age of 17 or something, and develop thru the youth system. in the FIFA 2010 World Cup, the US goalkeeper (Tim Howard, captained at Tottenham i member) was better than even the England one (Joe Hart)

Precisely the problem. US Soccer has peaked despite more homegrown kids playing the sport than ever because we don't have the farm system the other countries do.

Tim Howard was developed by the US Olympic program and was playing club soccer with adults in Northern New Jersey before he graduated high school. He's easily in the US Soccer Hall of Fame (if there is such a thing) but the under 17 programs in Europe have nothing to do with his development. He got to Premier League quality without playing in Europe at all.