• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

World Cup 2022.

ShutYourCakeHorn

Gassers/Say "Cookie" Alt
Forum Clout
*Everton

Howard never played for Spurs.
Isn't Dan a Everton fan?

FZ04UCdX0AU3xKp.jpg_large.jpg

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
Forum Clout
The FIFA president is such a weird fuck. That awkward speech before the first game. Nobody wants to hear from you, stupid.

G

idk what he's talking about, but tbh US soccer peaked around 2009ish. Most players back then would go straight to Europe at the age of 17 or something, and develop thru the youth system. in the FIFA 2010 World Cup, the US goalkeeper (Tim Howard, captained at Tottenham i member) was better than even the England one (Joe Hart)

Precisely the problem. US Soccer has peaked despite more homegrown kids playing the sport than ever because we don't have the farm system the other countries do.

Tim Howard was developed by the US Olympic program and was playing club soccer with adults in Northern New Jersey before he graduated high school. He's easily in the US Soccer Hall of Fame (if there is such a thing) but the under 17 programs in Europe have nothing to do with his development. He got to Premier League quality without playing in Europe at all.
Our best players do go to Europe. The problem is that our best athletes play American football or basketball where every other country’s best are all soccer players.

It’s not going to change until the NFL goes away in 20 years or so.

Dennyislife

Forum Clout
Our best players do go to Europe. The problem is that our best athletes play American football or basketball where every other country’s best are all soccer players.

It’s not going to change until the NFL goes away in 20 years or so.
Yeah there's a larger than ever scattering of Americans in various clubs around Europe right now. Plus the MLS tv deal makes it the 5th biggest tv deal in the world plus it already has pretty good crowds in the stadiums. It's only going to grow more with the 2026 world cup too. It would take a massive fuck up for the US not to get better within the next 20 years.

G

Yeah there's a larger than ever scattering of Americans in various clubs around Europe right now. Plus the MLS tv deal makes it the 5th biggest tv deal in the world plus it already has pretty good crowds in the stadiums. It's only going to grow more with the 2026 world cup too. It would take a massive fuck up for the US not to get better within the next 20 years.
I still think we’re limited by the other sports. That’s why our women’s team dominates, because for women that’s the top sport. People keep talking about how more kids play soccer than anything else but that doesn’t matter when the best athletes keep getting funneled into basketball and football. We can have 100 million fat suburban white kids playing soccer every year but that’s not going to matter until all the WRs and DBs from the hood start playing soccer instead.

Jim Norton’s Wife's Cock

Those breeches will stay open!
Forum Clout
To be fair, there is a lot of American players in Europe atm.. some playing at a high level. German teams love poaching promising youths from the U.S and putting them through their academies. Pulisic & McKennie being the two biggest ones.

Imo, Aaronson is your best player atm.. he's been good for Leeds.

Dennyislife

Forum Clout
I still think we’re limited by the other sports. That’s why our women’s team dominates, because for women that’s the top sport. People keep talking about how more kids play soccer than anything else but that doesn’t matter when the best athletes keep getting funneled into basketball and football. We can have 100 million fat suburban white kids playing soccer every year but that’s not going to matter until all the WRs and DBs from the hood start playing soccer instead.
Americans tend to say this as if any other country only has one sport. In the UK alone three types cricket, two forms of rugby, a number of Olympic sports and boxing massively spread out a smaller amount of naturally gifted sportsmen

G

Our best players do go to Europe.
but not in the youth or u-20 levels...most are in America playing NCAA or in local academies or recruited by MLS.

Back in 2009-2010ish the whole argument was developing domestic youth soccer so there's less need for talent going overseas. They have...even a lot of retired national team players opened up academies all over the US. The result? Less talent going to Europe early. Compare the quality + results of the US 2002 , 2010 squads...with this one, (starting with their game against Wales tomorrow).

England 2010 could only drawk USA 2010

England 2022 will soundly beat the US.

G

Americans tend to say this as if any other country only has one sport. In the UK alone three types cricket, two forms of rugby, a number of Olympic sports and boxing massively spread out a smaller amount of naturally gifted sportsmen
Soccer is a thousand times more popular and profitable in the UK than any of that other shit. Here in the US soccer is maybe the 4th or 5th most popular sport for adults to watch

G

USA squad...circled are the clubs of decent quality...majority play in lower tier, or MLS clubs

lll.jpg

Dennyislife

Forum Clout
Soccer is a thousand times more popular and profitable in the UK than any of that other shit. Here in the US soccer is maybe the 4th or 5th most popular sport for adults to watch
cricket pays more per week than football if you get a good IPL job these days. 4th or 5tb most popular is still popular when plently of successful football countries have less than 60 million total population for example

The Shah of Iran

Man's man, Gook killer, hockey dad
Forum Clout
USA squad...circled are the clubs of decent quality...majority play in lower tier, or MLS clubs

View attachment 79100
Celtic are pretty big. I hate them but fair's fair they get 60.000 at every game and own the Scottish game. They're a CL team. TBF I had no idea Carter Vickers was American.

Every US sport show I see seems to think Christian Pulisic is some elite player, it's nuts to me. He barely plays and hasn't been consistent in the PL to the point where you can say he's even been a success for 50m spent. He's got time to get there but by God they hype him like he's some Roy of the Rovers sensation.

G

Celtic are pretty big. I hate them but fair's fair they get 60.000 at every game and own the Scottish game. They're a CL team. TBF I had no idea Carter Vickers was American.

Every US sport show I see seems to think Christian Pulisic is some elite player, it's nuts to me. He barely plays and hasn't been consistent in the PL to the point where you can say he's even been a success for 50m spent. He's got time to get there but by God they hype him like he's some Roy of the Rovers sensation.

Scottish football is a joke, let be honest.

Dennyislife

Forum Clout

Carter Vickers was born in England but his dad is American and he'd never play for England as he's not good enough.

Nobody sane would be saying the US side is world class but the overall standard has improved. The the last the main stars would he the only ones good enough to play in Europe whatsoever. Now the majority do or have.

Mls sides can now buy good south American talent for decent money. Signed one recently for 16 million and if he's actually good will make a profit on that. The standard will only improve

Jim Norton’s Wife's Cock

Those breeches will stay open!
Forum Clout
He was good for Dortmund, but that's just the Dortmund curse in effect. They make average players look good, sell them for £80+ million and then they flop. 7/10 players Dortmund sell end up being underwhelming.

However, in Pulisic's defence, he hasn't been abysmal at Chelsea, just not on the level people thought he would be. He hardly gets a game too which hasn't helped, plus... y'know injury prone.

The Shah of Iran

Man's man, Gook killer, hockey dad
Forum Clout
Scottish football is a joke, let be honest.
Can't argue, its utter lop-sided shite, but the Old Firm are supported all over the world. Rangers were in the Europa league final last year too. Ajax made them look silly in the 1st CL game. All Scottish teams looked way out their depth in Europe this year.