• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Where we at with GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition.

Punished Dan Mullen

Calamari Ring Leader
Everyone is trying to sell their stuff on their own store through a unique launcher now. It's about subscriptions instead of sales and DLC instead of new products.

It's either a mountain of indie game shit that's not worth searching for hidden gems in, or old game industry corporations that rely on ponderous franchises.
Microsoft store, uplay, EA orgin, Steam, Gog, Rockstar, Epic

The only site i need is fitgirl repack

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
They completely fucked up the PC launch. You had to buy it through their gay ass rockstar launcher and it was down for a whole day.

Now they've pulled the game from PC completely because they left uncompiled source code in and didn't remove any of the unlicensed music from the game files. Very glad I didn't buy this horseshit.
They are using their own launchers instead of third party for three reasons. One is they can use overly strong DRM. Two is that they can deny user reviews and avoid negative reviews and lost sales. Three is that they can make it nearly impossible to get a refund by using a strict refund system that is devoid of consume fairness.

The source code and music files come from the mobile ports of these games. Which is what the 'definitive' remasters are based on. So they just lazily ported the games using some sort of AI upscaler without manually checking anything. The games run insanely poorly on modern platforms despite being PS2 games because there was no QA or optimization. The games look, sound, and play better on the 2001 hardware PS2.

Also they refused the press from allowing reviews for a weeks I think. Huge review embargo and sites that host user reviews are still under embargo. This is the new controlled internet. Where corporation control all conversations. No dislike button no negative reviews and so on.

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
Maybe I should clarify that I think it's the best in terms of it's themes and grander scope. The series at that point never had a core villain and then you're introduced to (((The Patriots))).

And yes it was bait and switch. It was a huge gamble and it never paid off. It just made you yearn to play as Snake even more when you run into him at the Big Shell since almost immediately he makes Raiden feel inferior.

I for one love MGS3, but I'd rather play as Snake than BB and always hated when people say it's the best game of the series when the main villain is a electrical burned 6'6 Russian homo who comes off as a movie of the week villain. That game was billed as an open jungle and it ended up being very linear.

I for one always thought Solidus was the most interesting antagonist in the series since he wasn't even the bad guy. He just went about it as a means to an end.
Raiden would have been fine in MGS2 if he wasn't so androgynous.

Riccardo Bosi

watches seasons 3-9 all the time, child.
Raiden would have been fine in MGS2 if he wasn't so androgynous.
Raiden is the avatar for the average gamer: weak, effete, a bitch, lacking confidence, and constantly being nagged by his girlfriend if he has one.

It's the best mindfuck ever: you're in a hopeless situation, and you have to play as a guy who says he has no actual combat experience.

Riccardo Bosi

And none of these is remotely memorable or engaging. The Metal Gear in this is a half assed Gundam that jumps around like a retard.

I will admit, the core mechanics of playing as Snake in it are fun, but beyond the scope of that is very monotonous and engaging.

As for Kojima, I believe he real brain behind the series was Tomokazu Fukushima. Co writer for the trilogy. He's listed as writing the codec convos and much of the plot is within those. And what happens after MGS3 when he's no longer with the developer? Codec is an afterthought and everything is told in cutscenes.

Jeremy Blaustein (MGS1) and Agness Kaku (MGS2) both did the localizations for the western versions of the game, and they had to clean the sewer of his writing to become digestible for this audience. All the witty dialogue and memorable lines almost entirely came from these translators manipulating the script.

She has a blog talking about how awful it was dealing with him and Konami. And she posted unedited script she got directly from KojiPro and he got his lawyers for her to take it down since it sounded infantile. She called him a great value Tom Clancy.

This is a lengthy blog about her and some of Blaustein's experiences dealing with that bell pepper nosed faggot.

This is the main page of that blog btw.

Like I said, MGSV and its bosses were an improvement over 4, but not any from the trilogy (although REX vs. RAY from 4 was fun, and was the only good boss fight of the game). The sniper battle with Quiet had already been done in 1 and is overshadowed by The End from 3. Raiden vs. the RAYs was an overwhelming onslaught, and it comes right after killing all those Arsenal Tengus; Sahelanthropus pales in comparison to that. The Skull battles were not any more difficult than fighting off Russians in high alert.

Skull Face was not the worst villain, but it's a far cry from the greatness that was Liquid and Ocelot. Speaking of Ocelot, they managed to make his character boring.

That blog with that Kaku lady is fascinating. I had no idea the original script is so lifeless. I couldn't imagine all Japanese dialogue being that bland.

We usually agree Tony, but I'm one of the haters of MGS2.

It was a fucking bait and switch. They only showed Snake in all of the trailers leading up to it. You got to play as him for 45 minutes. And Raiden was a faggot who was only redeemed as badass in MGS4, but you couldn't do any of that shit in MGS2 with him.

And then there's the scene in MGS2 where you have to sneak under that guard's piss, because Kojima is a faggot too.
I love MGS2's story. After the initial disappointment, the psychological fuckery of having to play as Raiden just doesn't let up until you've finished the game.

What, there's a bloodsucking vampire?
There's bombs everywhere and I gotta defuse them?
There's another cyborg ninja?
I gotta find this nigga by listening to his pacemaker?
I just rescued the President of the US, and he's telling me this is all fake and it's run by twelve secretive men?
Wait, we're standing ON the new Metal Gear, and it's housing dozens of Metal Gears to defend itself?
I was actually a child soldier in Libya or some shit, and they fed me gunpowder?
Colonel Campbell is telling me to turn off the game console?
Colonel Campbell was an AI the entire time?
The people who run the world coerce people into doing their bidding by threatening to murder their children?
The AI that is in control of the media, internet, all information, the country, the planet -- they're telling me directly that I lack the qualifications to exercise free will?
This Solidus guy actually wants to rid the world of The Patriots, but they're telling me he's the bad guy?
Okay, now Solidus just said "Oh, and by the way Jack, I was the one who killed your parents!" so now I'm gonna slice him down the spinal cord with the samurai sword that I got just two hours ago.
The names of The Patriots are all people who died a hundred years ago?

The story has so many twists and turns, it's off the wall. For a game that had to follow up fighting Psycho Mantis and all the rest of it, I'd say they delivered but it was misunderstood at the time. Then Snake Eater came out the same year as San Andreas and it was the greatest period of my childhood, child.

I for one love MGS3, but I'd rather play as Snake than BB and always hated when people say it's the best game of the series when the main villain is a electrical burned 6'6 Russian homo who comes off as a movie of the week villain. That game was billed as an open jungle and it ended up being very linear.
I did like the freedom it gave you in that depending on the circumstance, you can either try sneaking your way through without alerting anyone or even using tranqs, use CQC, methodically eliminate soldiers without raising the alert, or you could Rambo your way through which would draw them all to where you are and you can throw white phosphorous grenades at them and blow them away with a shotgun. For its genre, it gave you so many options.

Played gta 3 for about 4-5 hours last night. Tbh having some fun with it. The updated controls are a huge improvement. As everyone has said the graphics are fucking weird and cartooney in places but it's not as bad as I thought it would be. Wouldn't pay for it but its worth pirating.

Uncle Anthony Cumia

Hot tubs, guns and slack jawed brothers
I don't even see the point in owning a PS4. If you have a smart TV you don't need it. If you own a computer you don't need it. If you own a PS3, you're better off in some respects.

On the PS4, I tried to download the MGS2, 3 and Peace Walker remasters. Nope, available on PS3 only. I don't get it.

Who the fuck are the people buying the PS5?
PS4 is where I’ll stop until PS5 has its own good catalog. The one reason to have PS4 is there’s still new sports game for it and not PS3 :-( I still play my PS3 and XBox 360 though. The game libraries on both consoles is deep and holds up.

Riccardo Bosi

PS4 is where I’ll stop until PS5 has its own good catalog. The one reason to have PS4 is there’s still new sports game for it and not PS3 :-( I still play my PS3 and XBox 360 though. The game libraries on both consoles is deep and holds up.
I dunno bro, all I wanna do is play the Triple Triad card game from FF8 while under the influence of alcohol and painkillers till the end of time.

At the end of the day... fuck niggers.

G

The games look, sound, and play better on the 2001 hardware PS2.
Yeah, I have an older PC here and when I saw the remastered trilogy was coming out I felt nostalgic and went to get the originals via Steam because this PoS would probably still play them. But Rockstar had already pulled them from Steam.

RedHeadpw2

Fan of the Era
Just an FYI for those trying to avoid any and all faggotry...

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is super cheap ($10) thru the 22nd in Steam store. Worth it even for postponing a year for a good system. Do it!