• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Where we at with GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition.

Snake

I don't even see the point in owning a PS4. If you have a smart TV you don't need it. If you own a computer you don't need it. If you own a PS3, you're better off in some respects.

On the PS4, I tried to download the MGS2, 3 and Peace Walker remasters. Nope, available on PS3 only. I don't get it.

Who the fuck are the people buying the PS5?
Sony did nothing with the system. It was nothing more than a placeholder for the next generation. All the nice shit you could do with the XMB they gutted out. It had no worthwhile exclusives aside from just a couple probably. The only exclusive I really liked was Ghost of Tsushima since it was devoid of globohomo shit entirely.

Most of the shit I bought for it were rereleases of old games. All the RE games mostly.

Riccardo Bosi

watches seasons 3-9 all the time, child.
Sony did nothing with the system. It was nothing more than a placeholder for the next generation. All the nice shit you could do with the XMB they gutted out. It had no worthwhile exclusives aside from just a couple probably. The only exclusive I really liked was Ghost of Tsushima since it was devoid of globohomo shit entirely.

Most of the shit I bought for it were rereleases of old games. All the RE games mostly.
A buddy of mine bought it and I asked, "so, what games did you get for it?" and his answer was "ah... nothing, yet."

It's unprecedented. I bought the PS4 because I was sold on Phantom Pain, and I had cash to throw around. The only other games I bought were the remastered Skyrim and a Yakuza because they were $20 pre-owned. Oh, and Cyberpunk because I had to see how shitty it was... oh, and FF7 Remake for the same reason.

I think I was 23 when I got GTA5, and my gut reaction was "yeeeeaah I think I'm done with this bullshit."

Snake

A buddy of mine bought it and I asked, "so, what games did you get for it?" and his answer was "ah... nothing, yet."

It's unprecedented. I bought the PS4 because I was sold on Phantom Pain, and I had cash to throw around. The only other games I bought were the remastered Skyrim and a Yakuza because they were $20 pre-owned. Oh, and Cyberpunk because I had to see how shitty it was... oh, and FF7 Remake for the same reason.

I think I was 23 when I got GTA5, and my gut reaction was "yeeeeaah I think I'm done with this bullshit."
MGSV was a 60 hour PS2 level wasteland simulator. Kojima is a hack. What kind of Tomlinson-esque narcissistic faggot sticks credits all throughout his creation?

I was a huge MGS fan as a kid but that fell off after MGS3 since anything beyond that didn't have his cowriter apart of the team anymore, and it showed. Two fucking hour cutscenes. Suck my big White penis, yellow chowlld.

Riccardo Bosi

MGSV was a 60 hour PS2 level wasteland simulator. Kojima is a hack. What kind of Tomlinson-esque narcissistic faggot sticks credits all throughout his creation?

I was a huge MGS fan as a kid but that fell off after MGS3 since anything beyond that didn't have his cowriter apart of the team anymore, and it showed. Two fucking hour cutscenes. Suck my big White penis, yellow chowlld.
I agree with everything you said. One of the writers/production staff - a woman, actually - said that Kojima is a big picture, big concept guy, but can't write to save his life. He's like Vince McMahon in that he's nothing unless he's surrounded by the right guys.

It's a shame, because gameplay-wise, MGSV is one of the best games of all time, and there were cool parts of it (great graphics, some great cutscenes, some missions were great)... but it's a disappointment on so many levels.

Without the trilogy of 1, 2 & 3, the franchise is worthless... the Revengeance one with Raiden was better than MGS4 because it was at least different and didn't cock-up the story.

Snake

I agree with everything you said. One of the writers/production staff - a woman, actually - said that Kojima is a big picture, big concept guy, but can't write to save his life. He's like Vince McMahon in that he's nothing unless he's surrounded by the right guys.

It's a shame, because gameplay-wise, MGSV is one of the best games of all time, and there were cool parts of it (great graphics, some great cutscenes, some missions were great)... but it's a disappointment on so many levels.

Without the trilogy of 1, 2 & 3, the franchise is worthless... the Revengeance one with Raiden was better than MGS4 because it was at least different and didn't cock-up the story.
I never understood this.

All the innovation that was put into MGS3-4 were all gutted out of it. The vegetation models look like shit compared to MGS3 and it's a fucking PS2 game. You could crawl over and bend individual weeds in that where as in MGSV it's just static models. There's hardly any animals in it compared to MGS3. The survival viewer was cutout. The camo index was reduced to almost nothing. The AI of the guards is just fucking terrible compared to previous games. And the map themselves are just boring empty wastelands.

MGSV hardly even has boss fights which is the staple of the series. Death Stranding is still the worst outing he ever had as a director.

alkiefuck2

don't call me scarface

i skipped max payne 3 so gta v was the first time i realised how gay rockstar became, people shit on iv but they at least took it serious (i loved it to be completelyfuckinawnest), v on the other hand just felt so reddity, "wow, isn't it funny how we just killed a guy but we're lawfin", yeah ok, what's the next joke, faggot?
the best "remasters" they done were liberty city & vice city stories, for any retards, download ppsspp and both roms (also burnout legends), adds qol enhancements and doesn't fag out

Riccardo Bosi

I never understood this.

All the innovation that was put into MGS3-4 were all gutted out of it. The vegetation models look like shit compared to MGS3 and it's a fucking PS2 game. You could crawl over and bend individual weeds in that where as in MGSV it's just static models. There's hardly any animals in it compared to MGS3. The survival viewer was cutout. The camo index was reduced to almost nothing. The AI of the guards is just fucking terrible compared to previous games. And the map themselves are just boring empty wastelands.

MGSV hardly even has boss fights which is the staple of the series. Death Stranding is still the worst outing he ever had as a director.
When I say "gameplay" I mean the actual control, the physics, of moving Snake around in Phantom Pain was great. Alternating between sprinting, running, walking, crouching and sneaking, crawling, diving out the way when someone caught a glimpse... it was maybe the best in the series, but it was wasted on such a disappointing game. In hindsight, people give Snake Eater shit because it takes time to adjust face paint and camouflage, but it felt like you were doing something. In 4, all you do is go next to something and it changes your camo index. Where's the thought in that? At least in TPP, they were just like "ah fuck it" and didn't let you have unlimited weapons.

To be fair, MGSV did have boss fights, namely against the Sahelanthropus, the Skulls, Quiet, the Man on Fire... it fails compared to the first three of course, but it was better than the wretched MGS4 where the bosses sucked and were nothing but fan service derivative shit.

I never played Death Stranding, and I never will. Kojima left to his own devices is a fucking self-indulgent idiot. The guy peaked in a six-year window within a series that's older than me.

people shit on iv but they at least took it serious (i loved it to be completelyfuckinawnest)
Is there anybody that didn't like GTA4? I liked it. GTA5 totally shit the bed.

FatPatsBaps

Charming, funny, and witty, atalker.

I don't know anyone who disliked it, but a lot people bitched about driving mechanics and that the tone was too dark. Tbf, although it was a step in the right direction for the series, the change at the time was stark enough that many people missed the cartoonier aspects of the 3D trilogy.

And so then came GTA V. Fml

Riccardo Bosi

I don't know anyone who disliked it, but a lot people bitched about driving mechanics and that the tone was too dark. Tbf, although it was a step in the right direction for the series, the change at the time was stark enough that many people missed the cartoonier aspects of the 3D trilogy.

And so then came GTA V. Fml
The retarded criticism of 4 is such a "this is not what I'm used to!" complaint. Oh no, the physics have improved and the protagonist is more relatable and realistic. Oh no!

At the time, MGS2 was criticized because you didn't get to play as Snake for the majority of the game. It made people uncomfortable. Which is the point of the story and presentation, and the gameplay mechanics were increased. Critics suck.

Snake

When I say "gameplay" I mean the actual control, the physics, of moving Snake around in Phantom Pain was great. Alternating between sprinting, running, walking, crouching and sneaking, crawling, diving out the way when someone caught a glimpse... it was maybe the best in the series, but it was wasted on such a disappointing game. In hindsight, people give Snake Eater shit because it takes time to adjust face paint and camouflage, but it felt like you were doing something. In 4, all you do is go next to something and it changes your camo index. Where's the thought in that? At least in TPP, they were just like "ah fuck it" and didn't let you have unlimited weapons.

To be fair, MGSV did have boss fights, namely against the Sahelanthropus, the Skulls, Quiet, the Man on Fire... it fails compared to the first three of course, but it was better than the wretched MGS4 where the bosses sucked and were nothing but fan service derivative shit.

I never played Death Stranding, and I never will. Kojima left to his own devices is a fucking self-indulgent idiot. The guy peaked in a six-year window within a series that's older than me.

And none of these is remotely memorable or engaging. The Metal Gear in this is a half assed Gundam that jumps around like a retard.

I will admit, the core mechanics of playing as Snake in it are fun, but beyond the scope of that is very monotonous and engaging.

As for Kojima, I believe he real brain behind the series was Tomokazu Fukushima. Co writer for the trilogy. He's listed as writing the codec convos and much of the plot is within those. And what happens after MGS3 when he's no longer with the developer? Codec is an afterthought and everything is told in cutscenes.

Jeremy Blaustein (MGS1) and Agness Kaku (MGS2) both did the localizations for the western versions of the game, and they had to clean the sewer of his writing to become digestible for this audience. All the witty dialogue and memorable lines almost entirely came from these translators manipulating the script.

She has a blog talking about how awful it was dealing with him and Konami. And she posted unedited script she got directly from KojiPro and he got his lawyers for her to take it down since it sounded infantile. She called him a great value Tom Clancy.

This is a lengthy blog about her and some of Blaustein's experiences dealing with that bell pepper nosed faggot.

This is the main page of that blog btw.

Last edited:

Snake

The retarded criticism of 4 is such a "this is not what I'm used to!" complaint. Oh no, the physics have improved and the protagonist is more relatable and realistic. Oh no!

At the time, MGS2 was criticized because you didn't get to play as Snake for the majority of the game. It made people uncomfortable. Which is the point of the story and presentation, and the gameplay mechanics were increased. Critics suck.
MGS2 to me is criminally misunderstood and the best game of the series. It was designed as you said, to make you uncomfortable and enrich Snake's shadow over the series.

The game is about control and giving roles to people, and Raiden is the avatar of the player who at the end, throws the dogtags away of the player and accepts his own identity.

DiarrheaDick

Get up here and shut up!
GTAIV online was fun but I gave up on it quickly because everyone seemed to only want to have fights between helicopters for some reason.
4 and 5 online sucks unless you're playing with a bunch of your own people since the only goal of anyone in the open map is to seek out and eliminate any other player that joins rather than, you know, doing something cooperatively which would actually be fun. It's also always pre-pubescent kids doing this in an M rated game I might add

Rockstar is done. Put out another simple nonsense game like Table Tennis or something, retards.

Imager

I see penises everywhere
MGS2 to me is criminally misunderstood and the best game of the series. It was designed as you said, to make you uncomfortable and enrich Snake's shadow over the series.

The game is about control and giving roles to people, and Raiden is the avatar of the player who at the end, throws the dogtags away of the player and accepts his own identity.
We usually agree Tony, but I'm one of the haters of MGS2.

It was a fucking bait and switch. They only showed Snake in all of the trailers leading up to it. You got to play as him for 45 minutes. And Raiden was a faggot who was only redeemed as badass in MGS4, but you couldn't do any of that shit in MGS2 with him.

And then there's the scene in MGS2 where you have to sneak under that guard's piss, because Kojima is a faggot too.

Snake

We usually agree Tony, but I'm one of the haters of MGS2.

It was a fucking bait and switch. They only showed Snake in all of the trailers leading up to it. You got to play as him for 45 minutes. And Raiden was a faggot who was only redeemed as badass in MGS4, but you couldn't do any of that shit in MGS2 with him.

And then there's the scene in MGS2 where you have to sneak under that guard's piss, because Kojima is a faggot too.
Maybe I should clarify that I think it's the best in terms of it's themes and grander scope. The series at that point never had a core villain and then you're introduced to (((The Patriots))).

And yes it was bait and switch. It was a huge gamble and it never paid off. It just made you yearn to play as Snake even more when you run into him at the Big Shell since almost immediately he makes Raiden feel inferior.

I for one love MGS3, but I'd rather play as Snake than BB and always hated when people say it's the best game of the series when the main villain is a electrical burned 6'6 Russian homo who comes off as a movie of the week villain. That game was billed as an open jungle and it ended up being very linear.

I for one always thought Solidus was the most interesting antagonist in the series since he wasn't even the bad guy. He just went about it as a means to an end.

Stent

The Black Scorpion
Bethesda just re-released Skyrim with paltry amount of updates after 10 years but a new version is years away from release. Game development cycles taking decades now is ridiculous. Once or twice a year I remember to check in on the Star Citizen refunds subreddit. A game that is rapidly approaching 10 years without a game actually being released and faggots are still giving them money.

JumboYumYums

Prison awaits, stlaker.
They completely fucked up the PC launch. You had to buy it through their gay ass rockstar launcher and it was down for a whole day.

Now they've pulled the game from PC completely because they left uncompiled source code in and didn't remove any of the unlicensed music from the game files. Very glad I didn't buy this horseshit.

G

They completely fucked up the PC launch. You had to buy it through their gay ass rockstar launcher and it was down for a whole day.

Now they've pulled the game from PC completely because they left uncompiled source code in and didn't remove any of the unlicensed music from the game files. Very glad I didn't buy this horseshit.
The originals were still on Steam until a few weeks ago but they made Steam pull them and then like you said everything has to go through that dumb launcher.

Stent

The Black Scorpion
Everyone is trying to sell their stuff on their own store through a unique launcher now. It's about subscriptions instead of sales and DLC instead of new products.

It's either a mountain of indie game shit that's not worth searching for hidden gems in, or old game industry corporations that rely on ponderous franchises.