When did chef’s become pretentious faggots?

RoxburyRick

When I left the food biz, a lot of the guys had that fake "pirate ship" outlook on life. I'd go back and help out every once in a while, as a favor to the owner. The cooks would talk about the life, and how they were doing all this innovative shit and staying out all night trying to fuck the hostesses. Real cool guy shit. The few smart ones id take aside and show them my pay stubs and ask if it was worth sleeping on a mattress on the floor of an efficiency to live the lifestyle. They are all still doing it for peanuts, with no health insurance or money or anything. It's the dumbest shit in the world. I could have gotten any of them jobs

RoxburyRick

this is how you know that they are fags
It was gay as shit. My closest friend of the bunch was made the sous and he was kinda bragging about it. I asked how much of a raise he got and it was to like 40k a year, salary, and was working 60 hour weeks. I made more than him that day bc I told the owner I would only work for my OT rate per hour, cash, and they were so short staffed he did it

Peckas

Helping those 8 to 80
I can’t stand bourdain his whole shtick was insufferable, he took himself way too seriously the CM punk of cooking.

I much prefer Anthony zimmern and bizarre foods he’s much more personable, even Gordon Ramsay seems like a decent guy who just plays an asshole on TV because Americans like that.

RoxburyRick

I can’t stand bourdain his whole shtick was insufferable, he took himself way too seriously the CM punk of cooking.

I much prefer Anthony zimmern and bizarre foods he’s much more personable, even Gordon Ramsay seems like a decent guy who just plays an asshole on TV because Americans like that.
British Kitchen Nightmares is proof Ramsey is playing a character for American audiences

G

It was Bourdain. I read Kitchen Confidential in like 2003. From that point on I wanted to be a chef. I went to culinary school, not the CIA, I couldn't afford that but I went to the welfare equivalent. The TV show chefs ruined the job. We used to get laid on the DL. Now everybody wants to use social media to attach themselves to chefs. Everything is public and nobody gets laid anymore. When Tony hung himself I was overjoyed. He had a kid with Asia Argento, She was the bitch that was raped by Harvey Weinstein and then dated him a few years after he raped her. That's the mother of Tony's child. Good riddance.
btw: The Bear is a really good show.

Last edited by a moderator: