Watched Sideways (2004)

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Yeah well it's also over three hours long. Who TF has time for that? Patrick I guess cause he's unemployed
I still haven’t been able to watch Oppenheimer just because it’s so long. Weird how Mr science Pat hasn’t made one mention of watching it since he’s all about science since he writes awful books set in space. I guess he can’t watch it due to it not having lightsabers or men wearing capes.

RickReternal

I hope people Ouija you tweets after your dead
I still haven’t been able to watch Oppenheimer just because it’s so long. Weird how Mr science Pat hasn’t made one mention of watching it since he’s all about science since he writes awful books set in space. I guess he can’t watch it due to it not having lightsabers or men wearing capes.
Good catch. I think he did mention having seen Barbie, though.

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
I never saw it but I remember at the time when it came out everyone was all up in arms about it. What's so good about it?
It's kinda hard to explain. It's a masterfully done simple movie, if that makes any sense. A lot of cleverness and depth without pretention, while maintaining a lot of warmth. Well-rounded in a very unique and charming way.

DrTorqueCarlisi

Defendant/Debtor

I doubt he can afford to see a movie at a theater anymore...

TorpidSloth

I watched the Dustin Hoffman movie “Straight Time” from 1978 recently and it features a young Kathy Bates which was funny since it seems like she was always old since she didn’t become a thing until Misery.
I think she was mostly one of those always working and highly respected theatre actors until Misery. She was fucking brilliant in that movie though.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
I think she was mostly one of those always working and highly respected theatre actors until Misery. She was fucking brilliant in that movie though.
Oh yeah, she was working but that was her big breakthrough, I think she did a lot of tv too but like an episode here and there - not a reoccurring role. It was just to see her in something before that when she was younger. She plays the girlfriend of Gary Busey in the movie which is even funnier.

It's kinda hard to explain. It's a masterfully done simple movie, if that makes any sense. A lot of cleverness and depth without pretention, while maintaining a lot of warmth. Well-rounded in a very unique and charming way.
This. Think of how hard it would be to make a movie about a SoCal intellectual type who is autistically into wine and have it not devolve into cringe "foody" faggotry, but rather give off an aura of authentic appreciation for the product and those involved in its' mastery? They achieved that in Sideways, among other things.

TorpidSloth

This. Think of how hard it would be to make a movie about a SoCal intellectual type who is autistically into wine and have it not devolve into cringe "foody" faggotry, but rather give off an aura of authentic appreciation for the product and those involved in its' mastery? They achieved that in Sideways, among other things.
That and it didn't judge either of its main characters.