The Unstoppable Death Metal Thread

SoloJoeAcousticShow

Ain't it fun?
You guys got anything new? I'm all in wit da worm, tomb mold, gate creeper, blood incantation, satanic warmaster, sanguisugabog, ripped to shreds

I really liked Fossilization and Ritual Necromancy. Found their split randomly and it really sticks with me.

I guess things have been quiet but i think Dead Congregation would be right up your alley if you dont know em yet.

SoloJoeAcousticShow

Ain't it fun?
Lovely posts all around btw.

Never could get into Obituary feels like it's more thrash than death anyway, but I respect them for what they did to pump up da scene. sniff.

What was the most br00dal pit you guys have seen? Death Metal only obviously.

For me it musta been Devourment @ Mountains of Death 2009. People fell and got crushed because they had a circle pit going that went all the way around the floor, behind the mixer tent. The floor was just solid rock and fist-sized boulders that would mess you up if you fell on one. People did fall and some were almosz crushed during Babykiller. My buddy had to get emergency stitches on his fucking head afterwards. Best show I've ever attended. Sadly no HD video of that anywhere.

I was here too. Look at this shit man:

Last edited:

SoloJoeAcousticShow

Ain't it fun?
I just wanna make it clear, I love slam too if it isn't just monotonous chugchug breakdown chug monotone af vocal BS.

Anyone got more shit post like 2010 like this and i'm all ears!

Last edited:

O&AWOWSTICKERSTOP!

🌎=🏳️‍🌈
You mean Stabbing (TX)? They just came to Switzerland for a one-off show recently and fucking crushed it, even though it's not my cup of tea I always respect good showmanship. They do attract a lot of aforementioned WIGGERS though.
No I was referring to these guys:

That stabbing band is pretty good though. Funny how the chicks in the band are maybe a 5, but seeing them play in a death metal band jumps them up to like an 8.

Rascal

I fawkin know more about death metal (and black metal) than anyone I know.

Generally, extreme metal before or after 1986-1994 is terrible, but there's some exceptions. Here's some of the best old school death metal from different places.

France (only good thing from France. Gojira and all that modern post rock type metal from there stinks):

Quebec (only place in Canada that produces good metal):

Sweden (Gothenburg stinks, but overall there's some amazing Swedish metal albums from back in da day):

Finland (usually the weirdest death metal. This is the best DM album of all time imo):

Australia:

Norway (the more well-known Blaze is pretty much a death metal album with black metal aesthetics, but this album is cooler):

Germany (generally Germans are better at grindcore, but this one is great):

Mexico (the spics are surprisingly good at death metal):

Patreeky:

Last edited:

SoloJoeAcousticShow

Ain't it fun?
I fawkin know more about death metal (and black metal) than anyone I know.

Generally, extreme metal before or after 1986-1994 is terrible, but there's some exceptions. Here's some of the best old school death metal from different places.
Look at Mr. Knowledgeable over here with his "melodies".
I bet you post scalding reviews on obsure bands demos nobody even knows on da Encylopedia Metallum and have very dusty jewel cases.

Name some of your modern-day exceptions, old man.

Rascal

Look at Mr. Knowledgeable over here with his "melodies".
I bet you post scalding reviews on obsure bands demos nobody even knows on da Encylopedia Metallum and have very dusty jewel cases.

Name some of your modern-day exceptions, old man.

Summoning, Graveland, late 90s Gorguts all released good abums afterwards, child. As for modern day, there's barely a good reason to look since there's so much bad stuff to wade through now. There's enough classics to last anyone a lifetime.