The audience is the point, and the reward.

EraGodless

At the peak of covid our theatres stayed in business by literally roping off like 80% of the theatre. There would be a pair of seats maybe two or three in each aisle, and because people were so afraid there was a good chance that you and the person you brought with you would be the only two people in the theater.

I couldn't get enough of how cool it was. My point though is that FFWBT would have probably wanted a lynch mob to shove a wooden spike up my taint for going to the theatre during muh pandemic. Stop acting like you're a supporter for the movie experience fat boy. While you were cowering in your home trying to lord over other people, there were actually people going out two or three times a week to the movies to keep the theatres afloat when they desperately needed it.

Fucking poseur.
Tbf, Patrick ate delivered Chinese food to show solidarity with the chinks who unleashed that shit on the world.

EraGodless

The first movie I watched with one of my ex-gf's was The Last of the Mohicans. Because we were adults (much younger than Patrick. and Nikki though- 24 and 19). It was also the first night we met.

Last edited:
G

Tbf, Patrick ate delivered Chinese food to show solidarity with the chinks who unleashed that shit on the world.
Let's all stay 10 ft apart and wear face diapers and get vaccinated and shame others so we don't catch a virus, but at the same time let's order food that was manhandled by eight people in a kitchen and then the GrubHub driver that you don't fucking tip. That's a perfect way not to get sick.

1000011511.gif

PogromStallone

Give Me Some Money
What kind of crowd is going to a theater to see a kids movie that’s over 10 years old? Other weird / creepy childless adults?

I got to see a 25th anniversary midnight screening of Ghostbusters when I lived in LA and Ivan Reitman came out and introduced the film and told some cool stories about how they had early test screenings that didn’t have the finished special effects in the film but still tested high even with “scene not done yet” parts. Fuck you, piggy.
How can you complain about going to see an old kids movie and then in the next sentence say you went to see Ghostbusters? lol

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Ghostbusters wasn't necessarily a kids movie, dickless.
Plus it’s much more popular than some animated kids movie. At least they didn’t make it in hopes of selling toys - that came when they make it a cartoon show and Harold Ramis refused to let him use his likeness.

Ghostbusters was a sci fi movie - which usually has a niche audience - that was able to do very well mainstream wise with both audiences and critics. Also Akyord getting a blow job from a ghost kinda kills it from a “kids” movie.

TorqueWheeler

Dan doesn't have a penis. I. Do.
I hate the way this fat cunt has to try to shoehorn this "found family" narrative into everything. The only person in history who went to see Rogue One and jumped out of his seat screaming and everyone in the theater cheered him on. Movie theater audiences are only good if it's an art house kind of place or the Lightbox in Toronto or the New Beverly and so on. Otherwise, as the pirate pointed out, there's a very good chance they'll just be full of screaming niggers and people on their phones. I try to avoid them like the plague and I make fucking movies, you fat imbecile.

TorqueWheeler

Dan doesn't have a penis. I. Do.
My favorite goin'-to-the-movies moment was during our second viewing of the Vin Diesel masterpiece xXx, some teenage kid was throwing candy at people's heads. My dad already dialed in where he was sitting and was like "if one of those hits either of us I'm gonna strangle that little fucker." Immediately after he said that a piece of candy bounced off the back of his head. I stayed in my seat but they were way at the back and I could hear the guy's girlfriend crying "HE'S JUST A KID!" and then my dad came back. He says he didn't actually choke the kid but I bet he did. There was no more shenanigans. I was horrifically embarrassed at the time but looking back it kind of ruled. The fact that nobody did anything kind of shows that the kid deserved whatever happened to him. At very least, he got bitched out in front of his girlfriend.
Your dad is alright.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Firsht of all, this asshole hates kids. Won't see his daughter, won't pay her a fucking pound note, even flipped off that kid in a picture with his cunt of a wife.

Shecond, you couldn't pick a more childish child film, child. Not even Up? That transcends age and doesn't belittle your intelligence. Instead you go with fantasy shit, AGAIN. I bet he thinks Ladyhawke should've gotten best picture, the medieval-fetishizing nonce.

Third, theaters are overrated. I roll my eyes when Nolan, Spielberg, PTA and Scorsese open their mouths and spout off about "the cinema experience". In theory only, I agree with them. In implementation, you have people talking, kids crying, lousy pricing and crowds. I perform for crowds (shocking as that is), but a movie crowd is not the same thing. People feel just as miserable as I do being packed around rude strangers.

I guess what I'm trying to say is he's fucking fat.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Firsht of all, this asshole hates kids. Won't see his daughter, won't pay her a fucking pound note, even flipped off that kid in a picture with his cunt of a wife.

Shecond, you couldn't pick a more childish child film, child. Not even Up? That transcends age and doesn't belittle your intelligence. Instead you go with fantasy shit, AGAIN. I bet he thinks Ladyhawke should've gotten best picture, the medieval-fetishizing nonce.

Third, theaters are overrated. I roll my eyes when Nolan, Spielberg, PTA and Scorsese open their mouths and spout off about "the cinema experience". In theory only, I agree with them. In implementation, you have people talking, kids crying, lousy pricing and crowds. I perform for crowds (shocking as that is), but a movie crowd is not the same thing. People feel just as miserable as I do being packed around rude strangers.

I guess what I'm trying to say is he's fucking fat.
It’s one thing to enjoy kids movies with your kids and there’s plenty of example of well done kids movies that aren’t torture for parents to watch (Toy Story is a great example) but Pat hates kids and so does his wife yet they LOVE to watch movies made for small children. It’s really odd.

G

It’s one thing to enjoy kids movies with your kids and there’s plenty of example of well done kids movies that aren’t torture for parents to watch (Toy Story is a great example) but Pat hates kids and so does his wife yet they LOVE to watch movies made for small children. It’s really odd.
In all fairness, his wife probably hates kids because her womb is too toxic to bear one.

PogromStallone

Give Me Some Money
Ghostbusters wasn't necessarily a kids movie, dickless.
Neither is How To Train Your Dragon, it's a family movie. A good one, at that. Something someone of all ages can see. Something like Peppa Pig is for kids.
At least ghostbusters is much more popular compared to how to train your dragon.
Latest Ghostbusters grossed 200mil worldwide. Latest HTTYD grossed 525mil worldwide.

To be clear, I don't have anything against Ghostbusters. I don't care for how anything animated is immediately labeled as "for kids". Animation is a medium, not a genre. And it seems to only be Americans that think animation is a kids domain only.
I once read an interesting piece on how the reason for that is that during the 80s a ton of American companies realized that they could put out the shittiest animated shows out there and kids would gobble it up and want the toys. The worst writing you can imagine, super shitty animation and extremely cheap to produce. Because of how big these shows were and how they were so bad only dumb kids could enjoy it, these shows became what Americans thought of animation as.
Previous to that, Disney films were seen by all ages. Especially if you go further back in time, when going to the theatre was something adults did. The Flintstones was something that adults would sit down and watch.
It is something that persists to this day, as evidenced here, and how they've started calling certain western shows anime just in order to differentiate from the "stupid kids shows", even though they're not anime.

G

Neither is How To Train Your Dragon, it's a family movie. A good one, at that. Something someone of all ages can see. Something like Peppa Pig is for kids.

Latest Ghostbusters grossed 200mil worldwide. Latest HTTYD grossed 525mil worldwide.

To be clear, I don't have anything against Ghostbusters. I don't care for how anything animated is immediately labeled as "for kids". Animation is a medium, not a genre. And it seems to only be Americans that think animation is a kids domain only.
I once read an interesting piece on how the reason for that is that during the 80s a ton of American companies realized that they could put out the shittiest animated shows out there and kids would gobble it up and want the toys. The worst writing you can imagine, super shitty animation and extremely cheap to produce. Because of how big these shows were and how they were so bad only dumb kids could enjoy it, these shows became what Americans thought of animation as.
Previous to that, Disney films were seen by all ages. Especially if you go further back in time, when going to the theatre was something adults did. The Flintstones was something that adults would sit down and watch.
It is something that persists to this day, as evidenced here, and how they've started calling certain western shows anime just in order to differentiate from the "stupid kids shows", even though they're not anime.
[SIZE=26px]We GET it.[/SIZE]

You watch the same gay little kid shit as Patrick Tomlinson.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit

What’s even weirder is how adults that grew up with those 80s cartoons want to watch those old cartoons that were just made to sell toys (turtles, GI Joe, etc) as adults. I liked Ninja Turtles when I was five - but it was because I was 5. I can’t understand why any adult in their 20s / 30s / 40s would want to watch those cartoons now because they were shit to begin with unless you were a kid. I blame funko pops.

Also funny in the 80s it was perfectly acceptable to turn a ultra violent R rated movie like Robocop into a cartoon for kids.

Last edited: