• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Robinson et al v. City of Milwaukee et al

Forum Clout
We've only had to hire a lawyer once for something and they were able to reach a resolution without filing anything, is it normal for lawyers to let you write your own filings? lol. "Hey, I know you went to law school but let me sperg on for 27 paragraphs like this is Twitter."
Yes, it's common for narcissistic assholes like Fatso to insist on writing all of their own shit for their cases because they consider themselves smarter than the lawyers and hate being told "no, this won't work". You hire an attorney to represent you and the attorney will do what you ask, to a point. For example, the attorney won't file anything which will get himself in hot water with the judge, ruin his own reputation, and especially risk getting himself sanctioned and disbarred.

Often times with people like Fatso, it's just easier to let the asshole client write their own motions, etc. because lawyers hate writing all of it anyway, especially when they don't have an office full of paralegals to do that mundane work for them. The lawyers will look over what the client submits and add and omit things before it's filed, but leave a lot of what the client INSISTS remains. The client simply won't lisTen when they are told what is nonsense, irrelevant, and will annoy the judge, so they do whatever it takes to represent their client to the best of their ability.

FranksWirecutters

Glow nigger. Got any of those IPs for me?
Forum Clout
Yes, it's common for narcissistic assholes like Fatso to insist on writing all of their own shit for their cases because they consider themselves smarter than the lawyers and hate being told "no, this won't work". You hire an attorney to represent you and the attorney will do what you ask, to a point. For example, the attorney won't file anything which will get himself in hot water with the judge, ruin his own reputation, and especially risk getting himself sanctioned and disbarred.
Brinton Resto, comment?

SFWA liaison

Heidi Hildeman customer
Forum Clout
Scheduling reminders:
Defendants may file reply within 2 weeks
1724288115952.png

also this is on the schedule too for later on, if the judge doesn't dismiss before then
1724288161898.png

Forum Clout
So what are the odds of this sad excuse of a rebuttal moves things forward? Pats ready to pony up another $10k to drag this out. What is the next step if it does? Someone said "discovery". Would going into a discovery phase humiliate pat and expose his lies? I might want to see that movie.
If the judge allows this to proceed to trial, whomever is funding their lawsuit will most likely need to shell out MANY more thousands before it can proceed. It's not like he's some A-list client which will make celebrity lawyers out of their firm. If Fatso's benefactor can't come up with a decent down payment at least, the lawyers can make a motion to withdraw and drop Fatso and the frump wife as clients. It's not guaranteed the judge will grant the withdrawal, but that's usually how it goes.

Steve Ramone

Forum Clout
If the judge allows this to proceed to trial, whomever is funding their lawsuit will most likely need to shell out MANY more thousands before it can proceed. It's not like he's some A-list client which will make celebrity lawyers out of their firm. If Fatso's benefactor can't come up with a decent down payment at least, the lawyers can make a motion to withdraw and drop Fatso and the frump wife as clients. It's not guaranteed the judge will grant the withdrawal, but that's usually how it goes.
Guaranteed if the city doesnt settle he drops the case. I don't know how he gets his lawsuit money but the person cannot have a bottomless bank account

RickReternal

I hope people Ouija you tweets after your dead
Forum Clout
There’s a slim chance this was taken on contingency, maybe higher than the 33% lawyers usually take of the settlement. I know I will get wedgied for saying this…it’s just crazy to me that Pat would pay out of pocket for such a long shot case (and trust me, I really really do believe he’s stupid). Also whose money? He has nothing of his own. They’re just sucking Lynne dry? No, I think maybe Odell had a lean year and decided this was worth a risk. Crash me.

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Forum Clout
There’s a slim chance this was taken on contingency, maybe higher than the 33% lawyers usually take of the settlement. I know I will get wedgied for saying this…it’s just crazy to me that Pat would pay out of pocket for such a long shot case (and trust me, I really really do believe he’s stupid). Also whose money? He has nothing of his own. They’re just sucking Lynne dry? No, I think maybe Odell had a lean year and decided this was worth a risk. Crash me.
The only reason I cant fully say "no" to the Lynne theory is because her daughter is the main person on it.

Forum Clout
Guaranteed if the city doesnt settle he drops the case. I don't know how he gets his lawsuit money but the person cannot have a bottomless bank account
I can't imagine going to trial was ever part of Pat's plan, which is why I kinda wanted to see one (and he still loses) vs. an up-front dismissal. He thinks that's he's pulling off some amazing "turn $XX,XXX into $X,XXX,XXX" play. A trial may very well be an unintended consequence. Which would be fucking hilarious.

Confused White Kid

Influencer
Forum Clout
It's weird but yeah. This was clearly written by a lawyer:

View attachment 218459

Quoting court cases and using unbiased language.

But then there's this:

View attachment 218460

Let me tell you EXACTLY what the swatters were thinking. "Without delving into the gritty details".

It really makes the entire brief really confusing, switching from legalese to Patrick's verbose storytelling.

Lol this is like William Faulker's As I Lay Dying

I don't know who's talking or what's going on.
Nice Post-Modern legal motion, stupid.

Steve Ramone

Forum Clout
I got a new theory by applying Tomlinson's law. When presented with 2 options Rick will always pick a 3rd option so stupid you could have never guessed it.

He definitely took a home equity loan against the hovel to pay for this. No more lein after Quasi got paid, and this is a sure thing.

Forum Clout
I got a new theory by applying Tomlinson's law. When presented with 2 options Rick will always pick a 3rd option so stupid you could have never guessed it.

He definitely took a home equity loan against the hovel to pay for this. No more lein after Quasi got paid, and this is a sure thing.
They have no equity, though. Or, very little.

SensibleKeks

Forum Clout
Yet another L for Rick by proving false information about the Brewers opening. Nice self-imposed ethical conflict, stupid.
Wrong as always sweet summer child. As the article clearly states, both Brian Anderson and Brice Turbang each hit a home run during the game. Bomb threats confirmed.

HeyItsVos

Forum Clout
lol to whoever the rascal who did this

View attachment 218461

The incident where the cops handcuffed him and he yelled like a crazy woman is the first swatting he cites as a 4th Amendment violation. Can’t wait for the police footage to be admitted as evidence. That audio from a Facebook neighbor is all we have!
More evidence the SWATter isn’t from here. Any of us would have said Nikki was caught in bed with a woman.