• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Pour one out for EVS. Patrick. Always. Wins.

Officer Chase

My bad joke and illiteracy confused what I meant.
Forum Clout
People crying about freedom of speech on private websites is not PFG. I appreciate the Patposting but this guy is a faggot and his talking reminds me of Joe Cumia.
It depends, twitter is platform that offers open access as do other social media sites. They are almost akin to public utilities in that regard. In the past the government not only regulated PUs to make sure they provided service, they also set up USF to make sure that simple difficulties and cost couldn't be used as an excuse to prevent access. You can use your phone to speak about what you want, laws are the limits. That's what the limit should be on twitter FB, and others. Being able to say faggot on twitter should be protected from twitter or they should lose section 230 protection, this isn't akin to forcing a bakery to bake a cake.

G

It depends, twitter is platform that offers open access as do other social media sites. They are almost akin to public utilities in that regard. In the past the government not only regulated PUs to make sure they provided service, they also set up USF to make sure that simple difficulties and cost couldn't be used as an excuse to prevent access. You can use your phone to speak about what you want, laws are the limits. That's what the limit should be on twitter FB, and others. Being able to say faggot on twitter should be protected from twitter or they should lose section 230 protection, this isn't akin to forcing a bakery to bake a cake.
You could argue that people need electricity, water, telephone, an internet connection, etc. You don't need twitter.

Uncle J’s Sink Emporium

Enjoy prison, Y’munkoke
Forum Clout
Fuck you’re dumb. Twitter is akin to a public utility? Get the fuck out of here.

NigelCumia

Forum Clout
First the family reunion clap back now this.
ECOftj8UEAEficu.jpg

Forum Clout
It dependth, twitta ith platfowm dat offerth open actheth ath do otha thothial media thiteth. They are almoth akin to public utilitieth in dat regawd. In the path the govanment not only regulated PUth to make thure they provided thervithe, they altho thet up UethF to make thure that thimple difficultieth and coth couldn't be uthed ath an exthcuthe to prevent actheth. You can uthe your phone to thpeak about what you want, lawth are the limith. That'th what the limit thhould be on twitta FB, and otherth. Being able to thay faggot on twitta thhould be protected from twitta or they thhould lothe thection 230 protection, this ithn't akin to forcing a bakery to bake a cake.

Officer Chase

Forum Clout
You could argue that people need electricity, water, telephone, an internet connection, etc. You don't need twitter.
No you don't need any of those things, but it's about ubiquity and usage. People do use twitter, facebook, and others as communication tools. They are user choice and if those companies want sec 230 to protect them, short of criminal conduct they should remain unmoderated. If they moderate them, they accept the permissibility of some speech while rejecting other lawful speech. They deny service universality while claiming they aren't responsible for content which is a lie.

It's just different views, but nobody needs to be thrown off of twitter or denied access unless those platforms want to establish conduct as their responsibility. Arguing in favor of regulation is plain ignorant. Even if the regulation is cloaked in business freedom, it's still state permitted censorship. If they were subscription services or limited to class of user restrictions based on lawful selective association it would be different, but when Mewler and Beavis can have accounts it's pretty much not the case.

Officer Chase

Forum Clout
Fuck you’re dumb. Twitter is akin to a public utility? Get the fuck out of here.
I think you lack the understand of how PUs became PU, maybe you should leave your judgement behind until you understand what makes something a utility by nature. I survive very well having never used twitter, but just because I want to go there and mock users posting their opinions it shouldn't be a reason to deny me. Same as if I want to use my phone for phone sex, the content of my tweets is not a reason to ban me. I can't disrupt you when all it takes is a block or ignoring me. Thanks for thinking like Pat though.

Uncle J’s Sink Emporium

Enjoy prison, Y’munkoke
Forum Clout
I survive very well having never used twitter, but just because I want to go there and mock users posting their opinions it shouldn't be a reason to deny me.
the only reason they should need to deny you is because Elon feels like it. Doesn’t mean I agree but it’s his site, he paid for it. If he doesn’t want you to say something on his faggot website then that’s his business.

It has absolutely no similarity to utilities, which provide necessary services and most of the time in a monopoly.

Officer Chase

Forum Clout
the only reason they should need to deny you is because Elon feels like it. Doesn’t mean I agree but it’s his site, he paid for it. If he doesn’t want you to say something on his faggot website then that’s his business.

It has absolutely no similarity to utilities, which provide necessary services and most of the time in a monopoly.
My god you're retarded. Elon doing what he wants in favor of speech good, Elon blocking people because they spoke wrong bad. What created the PUs was community co-ops. Thats what electrified and provide phones in most rural areas, the dismissal of high per cost house passing in less dense areas, you fucking knucklehead. The local people pooled resources and created their own and the larger companies realized that was possible in many place bigger than farm towns and worked with the state to create USFs to offset high capital onlining of customers. That evolved into a concept that nobody should be denied and created the ubiquity that then became the reason that PUs were forced to not deny service. Many were private companies that then had rates set for them. Twitter and FB are communications companies at this point with broad customer bases. I disagree with places like Canada trying to force them to pay for content or large telecoms forcing them to pay extra for access and I disagree with them being able to deny EVS, you, me or even Pat to have an account and spout stupidity, given their massive reach and use of public networks to exist.

Really not to hard to concept. but you've displayed retardation in the past and a rush to "administer" others in their use of open discussion. This board is not like twitter, it's small and niche, paid for by a small owner, twitter is a large traded company. It exists in a very well known way as a place people can spout stupidity, that should be something that can't be denied to users. It's free, so make it pay system and then add a layer of choice that allows them claim it isn't universal access for free and maybe it changes it use, but for now it is a place that should never ban users acting lawfully.

Forum Clout
No you don't need any of those things, but it's about ubiquity and usage. People do use twitter, facebook, and others as communication tools. They are user choice and if those companies want sec 230 to protect them, short of criminal conduct they should remain unmoderated. If they moderate them, they accept the permissibility of some speech while rejecting other lawful speech. They deny service universality while claiming they aren't responsible for content which is a lie.

It's just different views, but nobody needs to be thrown off of twitter or denied access unless those platforms want to establish conduct as their responsibility. Arguing in favor of regulation is plain ignorant. Even if the regulation is cloaked in business freedom, it's still state permitted censorship. If they were subscription services or limited to class of user restrictions based on lawful selective association it would be different, but when Mewler and Beavis can have accounts it's pretty much not the case.
Hasn't Patrick made the same arguments?