• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Pat is angry at his industry, guess Tiny Tim isn’t coming anytime soon

Brooke Shields

Patrick Tomlinson hates me because I am a woman
Forum Clout
The most hateable cunt on the planet.
royalty.jpg
so $0.37 per book sold?

Jeez his royalty checks might even be in the 1's!

Forum Clout
ALL HIS BOOKS?

Now I know he's lost his mind. His Tor books did N O T earn out. No way, no how. And yeah Pat, some of know a lot about "your" industry. You know, the one you're not in anymore, are roundly mocked by and can't get anything published in?
Read it again, he's pulling a Technicality Tomlinson hoping you'd misread it.

'of all my books that earned out'. Not that all of his books earned out.

He's obese.

TorqueWheeler

An enormous amount of muscle.
Forum Clout
Screenshot-2024-08-21-at-11-50-18-PM.png

Screenshot-2024-08-21-at-11-50-46-PM.png

Apparently a massive 47 days for the Patster.

This fat idiot is so dumb he can never even put two months between his lies. This is almost as bad as the time he spent weeks arguing with people and repeatedly calling himself "an actual tough guy" and then within two weeks said he'd "never" called himself that. He's such a dope.

PorqueDealer

Portly Pepperoni Purveyor
Forum Clout

So that would likely be for Gatecrashers?
Its very possible he got a split, paid half in advance and on completion, in which case his Tor Contract was at best $50k~ (6x $8500)
Though could easily be 3x $8500
Or as speculated by Leslie, $8500 for the first book and $50k for the second two.

Either way if that's his AR royalty rate ($0.37), his total career earning pre tax is less than $100k over a ten year period.
Pat is a solid 4 figure author. or zero if you offset that against his legal fees.

Just a fat net deficit.
Niki has paid for fatty to be a giant bloated toddler larping as a writer/comedian/pundit their entire relationship.

Patrick excels at one thing, mooching off of women.

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
So that would likely be for Gatecrashers?
Its very possible he got a split, paid half in advance and on completion, in which case his Tor Contract was at best $50k~ (6x $8500)
Though could easily be 3x $8500
Or as speculated by Leslie, $8500 for the first book and $50k for the second two.

Either way if that's his AR royalty rate ($0.37), his total career earning pre tax is less than $100k over a ten year period.
Pat is a solid 4 figure author. or zero if you offset that against his legal fees.

Just a fat net deficit.
Niki has paid for fatty to be a giant bloated toddler larping as a writer/comedian/pundit their entire relationship.

Patrick excels at one thing, mooching off of women.

Whichever way you slice it, he’d have a much more lucrative “career” if he kept his target job for more than 3 hours.

Righteous bucks.

Jenna

The Mix 94.9 $3000 Fugitive
Forum Clout
Maybe instead of writing schlocky Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy ripoffs and Tiny Tim in space, Pat could write an honest non-fiction memoir about his time growing up with Mama Raven & Papa Clown in rural Wisconsin. How his liberal sensibilities clashed with the right-wing beliefs of his classmates, how his mother coddled him with praise, why he decided to spend 40% of his days absent from school and not care about grades or getting into college.

Every patposter would be dying to read a candid account of his childhood. But fuck that, everything about his life is perfect and awesome. Now please publish my oi guv'nah, oi'm searchin for the man who killed Scrooge I is!

Honoria

Forum Clout
The Vance thing is a win/win - either they get a VP's memoir or he can write a bitter expose if they lose. It might not sell but this is how the industry works - the ones that do sell fund the crap like Pat's books. (At least they did).

I understand why he wrote Into the Black because he was trying to rip off The Expanse and make money. The Tiny Tim thing is insane.

SFWA liaison

Heidi Hildeman customer
Forum Clout
this maps pretty well with my estimation based on goodreads ratings and known correlations between those and sales

and most of that is old news: he had 6 books in 6 years and then nothing since In The Black (2020), momentum not looking good

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Forum Clout
Maybe instead of writing schlocky Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy ripoffs and Tiny Tim in space, Pat could write an honest non-fiction memoir about his time growing up with Mama Raven & Papa Clown in rural Wisconsin. How his liberal sensibilities clashed with the right-wing beliefs of his classmates, how his mother coddled him with praise, why he decided to spend 40% of his days absent from school and not care about grades or getting into college.

Every patposter would be dying to read a candid account of his childhood. But fuck that, everything about his life is perfect and awesome. Now please publish my oi guv'nah, oi'm searchin for the man who killed Scrooge I is!
Pat cant even be honest with himself. No way he could write a memoir that was even remotely true.

Jenna

The Mix 94.9 $3000 Fugitive
Forum Clout
Pat cant even be honest with himself. No way he could write a memoir that was even remotely true.

I've never read or seen Hillbilly Elegy but I'm guessing it's something in between the American Angela's Ashes and every hacky ethnic comedian's set from the 00s - my mama used to say, if you're not willing to shoot a rabbit you don't deserve to have supper! But nobody ever loved her family as much as mama. Being honest about his white trash upbringing but mixing in pro-American and pro-Conservative lessons or whatever.

Pat's insecurity would cause him some boring, obviously fake, "everyone in town was a total fucking idiot except me and my family" memoir. He never loses a fight, he always outsmarts his teachers, and he spends senior year of high school having sex with 1,000 hot chicks.

TorquieTwoBeers

Forum Clout
so $0.37 per book sold?

Jeez his royalty checks might even be in the 1's!
That is a weirdly specific number so I actually believe it. Which is hilarious. If all of his books had the same rate, he would need to have sold over 135,000 copies of his books just to clear $50,000. A) there's no way he's anywhere near that, he's probably sold 1/10th that amount all time. B) that doesn't even include the books needing to earn out their advances to even trigger royalties. He makes almost no money.

NigelCumia

Forum Clout
His first book definitely has, his second most likely has by now, his third... maybe?
AR managed to get his books pushed through to a lot of libraries NA and Europe, depending on how many ,his third may have passed the threshold.
No e-book or audio book sales are counted towards the advance(s) as he holds separate rights to those.

Even being extremely generous with the figures, earnings are bleak:
Assuming:
$6k advance for each book (which is probably high)
1000 copies sold before royalties kick in. (standard for that level)
$3 royalty (high)
$5 on ebook/audiobook (insane)
$7 on a hand sold copy
1000 copies of e/a sold per book
1000 copies to libraries per book not tracked by bookscan
We double last known (Jan '23) Bookscan figures
He has hand sold 3650 copies (average of 1 per day for his entire 'career')

AR earnings = $84k before taxes/agent/expenses etc.
More colloquially known as a Q-unit.

That's why fatso is seething right now.
Imagine being a grade school kid in Glasgow and find Operation Repo in a library. You enjoy it because it's written by another child and Google the author to find alllllll of this.

PorqueDealer

Portly Pepperoni Purveyor
Forum Clout