• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Pat is angry at his industry, guess Tiny Tim isn’t coming anytime soon

Forum Clout
Hillbilly Elegy has sold more copies on its own than all of Pat’s books combined. This makes JD Vance a more successful author than Patrick. That’s why he’s butthurt and bitter, one of the “bad guys” is better at being an author than him.
He also came from humble, poor, small town beginnings and made something successful of himself along with serving his country. Fatso came from poor, hayseed, small town beginnings and now where is he? Unemployed, barely selling the books he's had published, a pariah in the industry, burned numerous bridges, can't get a publisher or sell a script, addicted to social media and alcohol, married to a chronically depressed, unattractive frump, and living in a dilapidated hovel, half of which he has to rent out to strangers for a pittance. Nice failure of a life, stupid.

BoomerSperg

Forum Clout
Pig's follow up is even dumber.
"But the publishers want the "prestige" of big political memoirs."

Fat retard. A lot of the "big" publishers in genre fields like ya/scifi/fantasy are held up on the backs of old authors that have reprints regularly outsell new releases by insane amounts.

How can tor afford to publish cat rambos rambling trash when they only sell 12 copies?

Because the 5000th reprint of enders game by Orson Scott card will sell 100,000 copies.

It's like how Disney can afford to waste 180 million on a show about ugly women drama and call it star wars - they make billions from their theme parks yearly.

Hudson

Forum Clout
He also came from humble, poor, small town beginnings and made something successful of himself along with serving his country. Fatso came from poor, hayseed, small town beginnings and now where is he? Unemployed, barely selling the books he's had published, a pariah in the industry, burned numerous bridges, can't get a publisher or sell a script, addicted to social media and alcohol, married to a chronically depressed, unattractive frump, and living in a dilapidated hovel, half of which he has to rent out to strangers for a pittance. Nice failure of a life, stupid.
I wish I could give this 100 ribs.

Josef Kuminski

кормить бабушку
Forum Clout
Does Pat agree with anyone ever or does he always take the contrarian view to everyone? I fawkin hate people that do that. I also hate fat drunkards.
Pat is jealous because Vance is everything he wishes he could be:

Smart
Successful best selling author
Served in the military
Graduated from a well regarded university : Ohio State
Has an actual law degree from an Ivy League school: Yale (it’s no 1.7 gpa )
Attractive wife/ relationship with his kids
His dark money actually backs him : Peter Thiel
Actually gets paid for his politics: he’s a sitting senator.

Rick: barely graduated high school with a frump retard for a wife. He’s also a fat faggot with bitch tits.

Josef Kuminski

кормить бабушку
Forum Clout
I'm gonna stop you right there.
Compared to Nikki, that street shitter is a 10
1724196549777.png

PorqueDealer

Portly Pepperoni Purveyor
Forum Clout
He earned out with Angry Robot AFAIK, because it's not like they were paying him a ton and new authors sell decently well in genres like scifi. He never made money for Tor and sold embarrassingly poorly.
His first book definitely has, his second most likely has by now, his third... maybe?
AR managed to get his books pushed through to a lot of libraries NA and Europe, depending on how many ,his third may have passed the threshold.
No e-book or audio book sales are counted towards the advance(s) as he holds separate rights to those.

Even being extremely generous with the figures, earnings are bleak:
Assuming:
$6k advance for each book (which is probably high)
1000 copies sold before royalties kick in. (standard for that level)
$3 royalty (high)
$5 on ebook/audiobook (insane)
$7 on a hand sold copy
1000 copies of e/a sold per book
1000 copies to libraries per book not tracked by bookscan
We double last known (Jan '23) Bookscan figures
He has hand sold 3650 copies (average of 1 per day for his entire 'career')

AR earnings = $84k before taxes/agent/expenses etc.
More colloquially known as a Q-unit.

That's why fatso is seething right now.

TorquieTwoBeers

Forum Clout
Isn't the book advance for politicians some sort of lobbyist scam? It circumvents a candidate getting flagged for corruption and all the copies are bought by special interest groups to give out as free gifts? Fairly sure everyone at the next JINSA conference will get a free copy of this book.
At $20 a pop, this book only needs to sell 400,000 copies to make the advance back (at $25, it's only 320,000). This book is guaranteed to make back its advance because A) the PACs will buy a shitload of copies, whether it is to simply "donate" to the campaign, or they can give them away to people who donate to the campaign (either this current one or any of his subsequent campaigns; "free book with donation to the Vance campaign"!), but more importantly B) Pat is guaranteeing that it won't, which guarantees that it will.

LaylaCumiasMoistHotPocket

A circle of N-words
Forum Clout
Did he get some bad news?View attachment 218225
It’s not about sales? Well - Pat sure knows a thing or two about NOT selling books.
Fat cunt always swoops in for the parting comment where what he says goes. Hate is too soft. I really want to hear about his death due to misadventure.

I hope he tries to fuck a cow overseas

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Forum Clout
At $20 a pop, this book only needs to sell 400,000 copies to make the advance back (at $25, it's only 320,000). This book is guaranteed to make back its advance because A) the PACs will buy a shitload of copies, whether it is to simply "donate" to the campaign, or they can give them away to people who donate to the campaign (either this current one or any of his subsequent campaigns; "free book with donation to the Vance campaign"!), but more importantly B) Pat is guaranteeing that it won't, which guarantees that it will.
Meanwhile pats 5+ year old books are being blown out at 3 for 15 euro. Just get them out of their warehouse because its cost more to store them then they are worth.

Forum Clout
guy who has never been in charge of managing any business at any scale schooling Twitter about how to run automotive corporations and publishing houses

"everyone richer than me is an IDIOT who just got lucky!" as he lays on the fart couch doing nothing daily
Hey that's not true. He runs a bookstore, even got fraudulent PPP loans to prove it!
Of course it only sells books written by Patrick Tomlinson

TorquieTwoBeers

Forum Clout
Meanwhile pats 5+ year old books are being blown out at 3 for 15 euro. Just get them out of their warehouse because its cost more to store them then they are worth.
The only time I have ever seen one of Pat's books was at a massive new/used book store in a pretty big city, and it was In The Black. Tor is a major publisher but even they must have realized their mistake in signing Pat once they saw the dud of a manuscript for Gate Crashers, hence the low publication and sales numbers for Pat. I defy anyone to buy a copy of Starship Pedo in person at a book store. They just don't exist.