Overrated TV Shows

Udders

Great food
Survivor
I have no idea how so many people can be entertained by something so stupid for so long.

The Walking Dead and its 15 prequels, sidequels, and spinoffs. Everyone's running from zombies, WE GET IT.

Editing in Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm. Larry David sucks.

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
Overrated TV shows?

- Dexter. Nonsensical plot. Main character has too much plot armor. Some truly awful acting from some of the leads. Main actor who plays Dexter comes across as being physically weak compared to someone like James Gandolfini or Henry Cavill or John Wayne and some other larger physically imposing types.

- Breaking Bad. A 5'7" kike takes down several drug cartels while having cancer. Written for nerds who like Harry Potter male power fantasies. Let's have Walt walk away from another explosion *SOY FACE REACTION*.
I thought Dexter and Breaking Bad were great at the time but this place enlightened me. Especially for breaking bad, I don’t remember a ton of dexter conversation

Dexter truly sucks. Here’s a guy who doesn’t feel any empathy towards anything but gets coached into channeling this lack of humanity into bringing vigilante justice to those he deems bad. Fortunately, Dexter appears to be surrounded by complete buffoons except for Doakes, an awful character in his own rite, who knows Dexter is the guy hacking people up.

Not that it matters - Dexter always finds a way to let some outsider he barely knows into his world of butchering bad people. For a guy who takes the time to perfectly plastic wrap entire rooms because he is "extremely cautious," he's not great at keeping his mouth shut.

I finally turned it off when they introduced Julia Stiles and I realized she was the worst actress of all time.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Dexter truly sucks. Here’s a guy who doesn’t feel any empathy towards anything but gets coached into channeling this lack of humanity into bringing vigilante justice to those he deems bad.
To be fair this was kind of the character. His backstory is that he is an orphan who watched his mother get murdered. His brother also turned out to be a serial killer because of the trauma as well. Dexter just got a stepfather who was a cop who trained his stepson to be a 'moral' serial killer. His brother goes into an orphanage and becomes a maniac. They used that storyline for the first season then never did anything even close to being as good. First season is the best season of the show by far.
Fortunately, Dexter appears to be surrounded by complete buffoons except for Doakes, an awful character in his own rite, who knows Dexter is the guy hacking people up.
If Dexter dies or gets caught the show is over. The Sopranos never did these lame moments like "OH MY GOD WILL TONY GET CAUGHT!!!!??". You knew Tony would survive everything until the end. So the show was always about the "why" of what was happening. Why did Uncle Junior hate Tony? Why does Christopher hate Tony? Why did Phil Leotardo break the truce? There were no stupid plot twists and big explosions that get boring upon repeated viewings. Sopranos gets better the more you watch it because of the extreme depth and details.

Stuff like Dexter, Better Call Saul, and Breaking Bad have the same formula over and over. New character introduced. Antagonizes the main character. Main character in some huge jam. How will they escape? Finds solution. Solution fails because of some unforeseen problem. LAST SECOND SAVE OUT OF NOWHERE. To perfectly save the main character and set up another season of the show with the same formula.
Not that it matters - Dexter always finds a way to let some outsider he barely knows into his world of butchering bad people. For a guy who takes the time to perfectly plastic wrap entire rooms because he is "extremely cautious," he's not great at keeping his mouth shut.
Pretty much every season was the same. Dexter kills some people. Someone new joins the show. They are a killer as well. They find out Dexter is a killer. Cat and mouse game over who kill whom first. Dexter wins yet again. Rinse repeat for a dozen seasons. Dexter becomes a lumberjack.

But because people like Dexter or Walter White have plot armor they are written as luck boxes. Where the universe finds ways for them to keep going no matter what. Sopranos mocked that in one of the funniest quick jokes where Tony is complaining about his life being miserable and says "can't I fucking catch one break!!?". And then Ray Curto, a rat, has a heart attack and randomly dies. And they all go to Ray's funeral and talk about how honorable he was with the mafia code. Another good one was when Meadow took the lamp to college. "Blacks are more likely to steal than any other group!". "Why are they talking about this in the basement?".

not that Jack Horner

If you saw me IRL you very likely wouldn't look me
Think about how stupid that was. Jesse was a witness who saw them kill two DEA agents, but Uncle Jack lets Todd keep him as a meth slave just so Todd can impress the woman who buys his meth, even though they don't need to make meth anymore. Then they murder Jesse's girlfriend too, just to keep Jesse in line. If Jesse somehow escapes, he can implicate them in three homicides, but they decide to keep him in a cage instead.

I really never realized how much the random nazis ruined the show

i really love how walt kills all the witnesses with their help

but it opens up all this shitty writing and characters that aren’t even explored.

the nazi’s motivation isn’t really explored

I really never realized how much the random nazis ruined the show

i really love how walt kills all the witnesses with their help

but it opens up all this shitty writing and characters that aren’t even explored.

the nazi’s motivation isn’t really explored
The Nazi's motivation kind of makes sense, until Uncle Jack decides to give Walter a quarter share of the loot and let him go. Then he decides to keep the other witness alive, just because he has a soft spot for his nephew Todd. After that, it all flies off the rails.

not that Jack Horner

If you saw me IRL you very likely wouldn't look me
The Nazi's motivation kind of makes sense, until Uncle Jack decides to give Walter a quarter share of the loot and let him go. Then he decides to keep the other witness alive, just because he has a soft spot for his nephew Todd. After that, it all flies off the rails.

it’s cause Walter White’s last name was “White” and the nazi’s loved whiteness so much they couldn’t kill him

also jesse “pink man”, it was always there

from the start

JesseTheGovernor

Access to the Debates
Agree on The Wire even though I like the show, but it fan be meandering, self-righteous and often boring. Also, I really can’t stand Dominic West. He just bugs me in everything he is in with his weird stretched out mouth. The chick who plays Kima is fucking awful too.

Boardwalk Empire is overrated to me. Some really good plot lines, characters and acting, but some truly awful ones as well. Michael Shannon’s character is one of my favs in any show, Darmody and Richard had compelling stories, Gillian was good as a hateable cunt. But I felt Buscemi was miscast. You could fast forward most shit involving Kelly MacDonald even though I like her. Darmody story line ended way too soon though I get why with Michael Pitt being a dick. Gyp Rosetti was a truly awful character.

Breaking Bad for sure. It was a fun show, but I always cringe when people try to rate it as the best or close to it. I felt Walt was the only really interesting character. Chicken guy was a cartoon, Mike was kind of cool I guess, I fucking hated Jesse, the brother in law is an awful actor, Walt’s bloated wife and gimpy kid both stunk horribly. The whole premise is a goddamn joke too. Credit to Cranston for carrying so many poor actors and story arcs though.

Deadwood for two main reasons: the rushed final season and the fucking tard who played Calamity Jane. I remember seeing folks praising her performance and I couldn’t believe it. She used a stereotypical snot-nosed retard voice that any child would do on the schoolyard and just yelled. I cannot even watch her on screen. Fast forward anything with her and the show is better. The woman who played Alma is awful too but she offends me less than Jane. Most other people in that show are pretty wonderfully cast imo. Even the perpetually angry for some reason Timothy Olyphant.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Breaking Bad for sure. It was a fun show, but I always cringe when people try to rate it as the best or close to it. I felt Walt was the only really interesting character. Chicken guy was a cartoon, Mike was kind of cool I guess, I fucking hated Jesse, the brother in law is an awful actor, Walt’s bloated wife and gimpy kid both stunk horribly. The whole premise is a goddamn joke too. Credit to Cranston for carrying so many poor actors and story arcs though.
I never understood the hate for his brother in law. I knew a guy that acted exactly like that and he was an obnoxious faggot so I thought he was fine.

I second Deadwood. I couldn't even make it past episode 2 because of that fucking awful character.

I tried to watch it and made it 4 episodes in before I dipped. All the characters were huge faggots
The closest comparison was the original "90210". It was so bad, it was actually funny. Not intentionally, like "Oz", but in a retarded way. There were countless LOL funny moments, like when the Peggy Bundy character smoked pot and drove and everything got all blurry and wavy. That Kurt Sutter guy would be complaining about not getting any Emmy nods and I'd just burst out laughing. And no show ever had worse music.