Official ONAFORUMS baseball thread

G

Nice prediction stupid[URL='https://imgbb.com/']
download.jpg
[/URL]
Didn't predict anything, child. I'm sorry you can't understand words.

You are mentally ill stlaker. You have been instructed hundreds of times....

NortheastPhilly

Shock Jock
Im annoyed that they took 15 fucking minutes to look at Acunas hand last night. Killed Wheelers rhythm, but hey they scored 0 runs so its not like it mattered anyway.

I talked shit on this Phillies team all year. They were ok at best, but the past week they are actually resembling a playoff team

G

As a Yankee fan, for better or for worse, I want the Astros in the ALCS. I don’t know if they can actually take a 7 game series against Houston, the Astros pitching has owned the Yankee bats this year but… If the Yankees are gonna make a run, I want to knock off Houston along the way. Kind of like in a -Jordan couldn’t get through the Bad Boy Pistons 88, 89, 90 and then finally got through them on the way to winning his first championship in 91- type of way. I’m going to 1 or 2 of the games in the Bronx if it happens, those should fucking electric. Nothing beats October baseball in the Bronx.

Granted of course, they can always shit the bed and lose this Cleveland series but I don’t see that happening.

*Side note:* I still have not heard from one of my Met fan friends after the second inning of the Mets Padres game 3 when the Padres went up 2-0. There is a non zero chance that he killed himself TBH

G

*Side note:* I still have not heard from one of my Met fan friends after the second inning of the Mets Padres game 3 when the Padres went up 2-0. There is a non zero chance that he killed himself TBH
That was as brutal a mets choke job as there's been, and they've had plenty. I felt embarrassed for them when that pitcher was being checked. 1 FUCKING HIT in an elimination game at home. I'd been planning all year to go citi field in October and had tickets to NLDS...naturally since then they collapse. Lose the division then this dumb WC. I haven't even been able to watch baseball since, they were such shit. Next round I will.

NortheastPhilly

Shock Jock
For the Phillies to be leading a series against the Braves like this, despite a defense that is no more than utterly embarrassing, is pretty astounding

G

That Rhys Hoskins home run bat toss/javelin throw in the bottom of the 3rd in the Phillies was absolutely electric. How can someone see that and not get fired up. It’s contagious.

I’m glad I didn’t pick up the tickets I was going to. Wanted to grab them and surprise my dad, he hasn’t been to a Yankee playoff game since probably the Arizona/Yankee World Series so I’m glad he didn’t go all the way to the Bronx for a dismal, ugly loss.

As for the game, this is really a bad time for the bats to go cold. (Thanks for the wise words on wisdom, self)

Taillon had no business coming out the bullpen in this situation. Clarke Schmidt should have come out. Taillon has never come out of the bullpen to begin with, let alone be under a high stress and high leverage situation. Also that Donaldson ugly throwing error is inexcusable in the extra innings of a playoff baseball game.

I fucking hate this Yankee team and have for a long while. I cannot stomach watching these overrated retards swing for the fences at every single pitch. Before the series even started I felt they'd win the first game and then lose in four. They're right on pace. One of the next two games they'll lose by 7 and the other they'll lose by 4 but get 2-hit in the process. The past 20 years they have perfected the disappointing ALDS showing. I fucking hate Brian Cashman and his stubborn insistence that high strikeout guys are fine so long as they hit homeruns. Well shit Judge turns into a pumpkin every year... 0-9 with 7 k's so far, Rizzo and Donaldson belong in the old folks home, Oswaldo "Hey at least he's not Aaron Hicks even though he's exactly the same player" Cabrera shouldn't be on anybody's postseason roster let alone the fucking Yankees, and the rest of the lineup is just a bunch of scrubs. Yankee fans will jump on Stanton but forget that he's the only guy who consistently shows up in the postseason for them.

Fuck Cashman. Fuck Randy Levine. Fuck Hal. Boone, who gives a shit? He's fucked because he can't turn this dogshit roster into a World Series winner.

Granted of course, they can always shit the bed and lose this Cleveland series but I don’t see that happening.
They are definitely going to shit the bed. They are not a good team. They won 70 games when they insanely hot/lucky. Then they spent over 2 months trying to win the final 29 with some of the most piss poor play I've ever seen from a team not named the Mets. How Judge lead the league in RBI's despite not one soul being on base from the All-Star game through the end of September is astounding.

G

They are definitely going to shit the bed. They are not a good team. They won 70 games when they insanely hot/lucky. Then they spent over 2 months trying to win the final 29 with some of the most piss poor play I've ever seen from a team not named the Mets. How Judge lead the league in RBI's despite not one soul being on base from the All-Star game through the end of September is astounding.
If they don't win this series there is no way they can't clean house on the entire FO. It just hasn't worked. Their closer and set up guy were why they were so hard to beat in the spring. Losing Stanton for a stretch hurt too, he's somehow become under rated. Guy is a lock for 30/100, he strikes out a ton but so does everyone now.

It's amazing there has been 1 yankee world series in like 23 years.

Phillies are getting it hot at the right time, shows that with new format regular season really doesn't mean much. I think a team getting a week off can be more of a disadvantage in certain cases. Especially a team that's been red hot like Atlanta.

G

Brb gonna try to kill myself.

Fire Boone before game 4. I’ve had enough of him. Behead him on the mound during the national anthem before game 4, try to spark something.

[url=https://ibb.co/LhKjzFy]
B6031-D02-BA87-4301-B175-FCBCC9-E757-C3.jpg
[/url]

This has to be satire. Boone said after the game Holmes was only available in an emergency… WHAT THE FUCK CONSTITUTES AN EMERGENCY THEN? Getting into trouble in the bottom of the 9th with the lead in the postseason is the definition of a fucking emergency. Fucking yuck… Fuck I hate him. Fire this fucking faggot…

Brb gonna try to kill myself.

Fire Boone before game 4. I’ve had enough of him. Behead him on the mound during the national anthem before game 4, try to spark something.
Boone is getting fired unless they win the World Series. He's known it for a while. But it doesn't matter because Hal will keep his gay lover Cashman in place and let him hire another puppet. The moment they clinched a playoff berth Cashman secured another year, and winning the East bought him three. Their only chance for future success hinged on them completely falling apart and Hal having his hand forced to fire Cashman.

He has been the problem with this organization for 20 years - since Gene Michael left. Since Stick left they have 2 WS appearances and 1 win in 20 fucking years while this bald retard year after year tries to put the same flawed roster together with different players. If not for A-Rod getting hotter than the sun in 09 the Yankees probably do what they always do these days and fall on their faces. Unfortunately A-Rod did carry that team and ensured Hal would keep the worst GM in baseball on until he wants to leave.