Official ONAFORUMS baseball thread

Monk

Pujols hit 699 and 700 against the Dodgers tonight. Greatest foreign-born player in MLB history?

Since the White Sox shit the bed, I'm pulling for the Cards. It would be really great to see Pujols, Molina, and Wainwright win a World Series to end their careers.

G

This shit is DEAD....

Since everyone is so obsessed with gyrating niggers, insurance/beer commercials, (((fantasy))) points, and overall faggotry I'll bump and update here as the playoffs start to look set.

In typical Mets fashion they choke away a nice path the the LCS and make it 20x harder on themselves. Not ready for prime time? Padres kicked their ass in regular season and NY fans will start boo-ing them if they have 2 bad innings. deGrom and Schrezer give them a chance in any series.

In fairness, they didn't choke as much as the Braves are just that good. They lost Acuna last year, won the WS. No freeman, their even better without him. Great young pitchers. Absolute powerhouse. Dodgers the same. Those are 2 best NL teams by far.

Phillies are an example of why expanded playoffs are stupid. No business calling themselves a playoff team. 3 game series anything can happen but they aren't going far. But they'll finish ahead of Fatasses Brewers.

St Louis will be easy to pull for. I bet they make a good run.

Yankees haven't played a meaningful game since June. They've lacked energy but it was because Stanton was hurt. HE AND judge back to back is dangerous. Cole Cortez is a legit 1.2...bullpen an issue.

Cleveland is a fun young team. Francona rules. Giminez is the guy the got for Lindor as is producing the same for 1/30th the price. Good for him. Rays always a bunch of nobodies but are somehow good.

Seattle in there for the first time in decades. Rodriguez kid looks like a star. Toronto too good young teams. Probably comes down to NY and Houston in the AL. But who knows???
Who we got on the lines....

Jays don't have the pitching to make a significant run. Yankees have been going through the motions too long and will blow it against a team on a hot streak. I've watched Seattle too many years to think it will happen for them now. I can't root for Cleveland to win anything under the terrible new moniker. Houston takes the AL.

I don't watch much NL, so I'll take the Dodgers since they won a shitload of games with a lot of injured players. Depth is huge.

Not really excited for the playoffs. Expanded post-season has really diluted late season dramatics and watching teams that didn't win their division have locker room champagne celebrations doesn't sit well with a curmudgeon like me.

G

Jays don't have the pitching to make a significant run. Yankees have been going through the motions too long and will blow it against a team on a hot streak. I've watched Seattle too many years to think it will happen for them now. I can't root for Cleveland to win anything under the terrible new moniker. Houston takes the AL.

I don't watch much NL, so I'll take the Dodgers since they won a shitload of games with a lot of injured players. Depth is huge.

Not really excited for the playoffs. Expanded post-season has really diluted late season dramatics and watching teams that didn't win their division have locker room champagne celebrations doesn't sit well with a curmudgeon like me.
Wild Card play-in games are fucking gay. It annoys me that people consider that making the playoffs. I argued with Pat about that on Reddit years ago

NortheastPhilly

Shock Jock
The one thing I like about the new format is that the top 2 teams from each league become shoe ins for the championship series, which is really how it should be. Regular season excellence gets rewarded.

Their pitchers resting for like 4 days while the other teams fight for their lives is a pretty crazy advantage

G

Their pitchers resting for like 4 days while the other teams fight for their lives is a pretty crazy advantage
It could have the opposite fact on hitters, it'll be interesting to see what happens. Hitting is all about rhythm and timing, and when it comes to relief pitchers I'm not sure a closer sitting for a full week is great for them. It's not like football. The two teams that get the bye are going to be dealing with a team riding high from winning too, those 5 game series go quick, 1 or 2 slip ups and you're fucked...those can be a coin flip. Though with the experience of LA and Atlanta it probably won't matter. I'd probably bet on Houston walking through the shitty American League again regardless of whatever happens.

Plus the WC teams will throw their aces on Friday, they'll be pitching game 2 and probably 5 of the LDS, it's not like they don't get to use them. Harder path, but whoever comes out of that round will be ready to go.

Monk

La Russa just re-retired. Reinsdorf needs to clear out the front office, coaches, trainers, and a bunch of the veteran players. The way the team played this year was legitimately insulting. So sick of the behavior that is now accepted in baseball. Pretty much every game there would be an instance where one of the White Sox players would pimp a flyball which would end up either being caught at the warning track or drop and just be a single instead of extra bases because the fucking player stood there pimping it rather than running. Fucking pathetic how none of the players would ever get heated at teammates who did that shit.

starshipretard69

Blue Oyster Dolt
The Blue Jays are going to absolutely fucking dunk on the Astros in the DS. They are good enough to beat the Yankees and I'd love to see it, but they won't. Padres are gonna drop down to the final WC spot to dodge the NL East runner-up, beat STL, then beat the Braves. Gonna either be a Subway Series or Yankees/Dodgers, probably the latter.

The Blue Jays are going to absolutely fucking dunk on the Astros in the DS. They are good enough to beat the Yankees and I'd love to see it, but they won't. Padres are gonna drop down to the final WC spot to dodge the NL East runner-up, beat STL, then beat the Braves. Gonna either be a Subway Series or Yankees/Dodgers, probably the latter.
Blue Jays aren't good enough to beat the Yankees, they lost to them all year.

La Russa just re-retired. Reinsdorf needs to clear out the front office, coaches, trainers, and a bunch of the veteran players. The way the team played this year was legitimately insulting. So sick of the behavior that is now accepted in baseball. Pretty much every game there would be an instance where one of the White Sox players would pimp a flyball which would end up either being caught at the warning track or drop and just be a single instead of extra bases because the fucking player stood there pimping it rather than running. Fucking pathetic how none of the players would ever get heated at teammates who did that shit.
But it makes the game fun....

Nigging it up will much sooner ruin something than make it fun.

starshipretard69

Blue Oyster Dolt
Blue Jays aren't good enough to beat the Yankees, they lost to them all year.
They were 8-11 against them and regular season means absolutely nothing in every sport but particularly baseball. They won't lose any Manoah starts in the playoffs, they probably throw in a random 11-10 win in a Berrios start and lose the series 4-3.

They were 8-11 against them and regular season means absolutely nothing in every sport but particularly baseball. They won't lose any Manoah starts in the playoffs, they probably throw in a random 11-10 win in a Berrios start and lose the series 4-3.
Well throw 3 of those wins out because that was when the Yankees were in their two month long stretch where they looked like the Bad News Bears. At no point this year have I thought they looked like a serious challenger. Springer, Bichette, and Vlad are talented, but they're more hype than stars. The amount of errors and bonehead mistakes Bichette and Vlad make are not flukes but who they are. This is Vlad in a nutshell, gets a hit and an RBI but kills the rally because he's busy looking at a ball that travelled 325ft and landed on the track.

It would be like me citing Stanton and Gleyber as serious reasons why the Yankees will win despite their obvious flaws. The Astros are the best team in the American League and only if enough guys on the Yankees get hot will anybody in the AL beat them.

Dodgers, Astros, Braves are the only teams I see winning this year.

G

Jays don't have the pitching to make a significant run. Yankees have been going through the motions too long and will blow it against a team on a hot streak.
Idk, jays got seattle in round 1, manoah, berrios, and gausman vs robbie ray, castillo, gilbert,.. jays offense blows them away if they get hot..vladdy jr is a fat faggot... should be a good series

Pretty much every game there would be an instance where one of the White Sox players would pimp a flyball which would end up either being caught at the warning track or drop and just be a single instead of extra bases because the fucking player stood there pimping it rather than running.

What else did you expect from a lineup full of fresh off the boat cubans

starshipretard69

Blue Oyster Dolt
Well throw 3 of those wins out because that was when the Yankees were in their two month long stretch where they looked like the Bad News Bears. At no point this year have I thought they looked like a serious challenger. Springer, Bichette, and Vlad are talented, but they're more hype than stars. The amount of errors and bonehead mistakes Bichette and Vlad make are not flukes but who they are. This is Vlad in a nutshell, gets a hit and an RBI but kills the rally because he's busy looking at a ball that travelled 325ft and landed on the track.

It would be like me citing Stanton and Gleyber as serious reasons why the Yankees will win despite their obvious flaws. The Astros are the best team in the American League and only if enough guys on the Yankees get hot will anybody in the AL beat them.

Dodgers, Astros, Braves are the only teams I see winning this year.
I guarantee you the Blue Jays beat the Astros. I'm betting $1,000 on it when the series price comes out. I guarantee it. And they're gonna win the AL next year if they can sign or trade for a legitimate #1 starter to go along with Manoah.

starshipretard69

Blue Oyster Dolt
Idk, jays got seattle in round 1, manoah, berrios, and gausman vs robbie ray, castillo, gilbert,.. jays offense blows them away if they get hot..vladdy jr is a fat faggot... should be a good series

What else did you expect from a lineup full of fresh off the boat cubans
I think Blue Jays/Mariners will be pretty entertaining, probably goes the full three games. If Manoah does lose at all in the playoffs it'll be against Ray in G1 because Ray knows the Blue Jays, but that can work both ways, they know Ray too.