Official ONAFORUMS baseball thread

SquealersWheel

I was only jokin'
FfZXXKvWYAAfuys.jpeg

Nice soyface homerun reaction, "Bryce" (faggot name). Why are there adults doing this shit?

G

View attachment 71530
Nice soyface homerun reaction, "Bryce" (faggot name). Why are there adults doing this shit?
Fuck this phoney faggot. Even when we cheered for him we knew he was an asshole.

For some reason in this second game I just keep looking at Bill Walton sitting there in the second row right behind the plate and laughing at the chumps sitting behind him who probably paid 5 grand and can’t see shit.

NortheastPhilly

Shock Jock
Every game these Phils make an embarrassing error but they keep winning, its baffling. I long said this team will never win jackshit as long as their D sucked this bad and they could only score by hitting home runs.
They havent fixed either problem, yet here we are. I dont know what to make of it. Is baseball just in a sad state of affairs or is this team legit?

G

I don’t think I can watch Philly vs Houston in the WS. I’ve never not watched it before but I can’t think of 2 more unlikeable scumbag franchises to be facing off.

Every game these Phils make an embarrassing error but they keep winning, its baffling. I long said this team will never win jackshit as long as their D sucked this bad and they could only score by hitting home runs.
They havent fixed either problem, yet here we are. I dont know what to make of it. Is baseball just in a sad state of affairs or is this team legit?
The Segura sequence the other night was emblematic of this run. He botches a double play, gets a weak hit for an RBI, and then gets picked off first. Then he has a diving stop late in the game.
Hoskins too looked like a retard in the field and at the plate down the stretch and in the Braves series and he turns it on in the NLCS.
Castellanos swings at everything looking like he has no clue but gets a luck bounce off 2nd base.
I can’t explain it either, but sometimes teams win championships because they get hot at the right time and catch more breaks.

Last edited:
G

I have a feeling the Phillies are going to get caught juicing or cheating or something.
Its the only logical explanation
Nah they just got hot at the right time. Braves won 88 games last year, it was the same kind of shit. If you have a legit 1-2 atop the rotation like they do and some bats get hot that can be enough.

I was pissed about this world series. Gay cheating Astros against the undeserving 6th place in the NL Phillies.

Then I realize the world series has zero niggers in it, which is actually PFG

G

Dan Soder’s annoying fiancée got shitcanned by Apple along with the other broad, so good news for the 3 or 4 of you who would watch a baseball game on Apple TV

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Dan Soder’s annoying fiancée got shitcanned by Apple along with the other broad, so good news for the 3 or 4 of you who would watch a baseball game on Apple TV
She is probably fun to watch a game with but she was clueless as a broad(caster).

Im also not thrilled about them bringing back that ghost runner bullshit for extra innings. I was hoping they would shit can that rule this off season.

G

She is probably fun to watch a game with but she was clueless as a broad(caster).

Im also not thrilled about them bringing back that ghost runner bullshit for extra innings. I was hoping they would shit can that rule this off season.
The old man in me doesn’t like it but it’s not that bad. There’s no need for games to go on for 15+ innings when they’re already pushing 4 hours a lot of times.

G

The old man in me doesn’t like it but it’s not that bad. There’s no need for games to go on for 15+ innings when they’re already pushing 4 hours a lot of times.
I agree. I initially hated it, but in practice it's fine. I wish they'd get rid of it for the playoffs though. Not like there's a lot of extra innings there.

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
I think it kinda ruins those games where its a pitchers duel. I personally like those odd games that go deep into the night.

G

Serious here, baseball not being a timed package is the appeal to me. I gladly watch to the end when I can and turn it off and check the box in the AM when I can't. Long games are often better.

G

This might sound gay but interested in how no shifts and the bigger bases are going to work this year.
The no shifts thing is a travesty. You should be able to put your guys wherever the fuck you want. You don’t belong in the big leagues if you can’t tap a grounder to a wide open opposite field. Wade Boggs is spinning in his grave.

I don’t see how the bases being 2 inches bigger will matter at all. I would have liked to see them put a flat plate next to first base for people to use as they run through though. That would solve the issue of people tearing up their knee stepping on the base weirdly or tripping over the first baseman. Would have been an easy fix.