Many saints SUCKED

SensibleKeks

That’s the worst idea they possibly could have come up with. What’s the deal with the black gangster who threatens
Dickie in the trailer?
At first the black gangster (Uncle Ben #1) and Dickie are business partners. So this Uncle Ben #2 owes them both money and is dodging payments. Dickie orders UB#1 to kill UB#2. UB#1 then has to go on the run and is later inspired by Black Pride protests/speakers. He then blames Dickie for making him kill UB#2. UB#1 later cucks Dickie with his goomah. Dickie finds out and they both have a shootout towards the end of the movie. Both run away when police arrive. When Dickie gets killed you don't see the killer so the filmmakers want you to think its UB#1. In the next scene, Junior makes a phone call on a payphone asking if the "job is done".

Admittingly I skipped over a 1/3 of this movie since it was so boring and I don't give a shit about any of the black characters. So some of the details I might be wrong about.

G

At first the black gangster (Uncle Ben #1) and Dickie are business partners. So this Uncle Ben #2 owes them both money and is dodging payments. Dickie orders UB#1 to kill UB#2. UB#1 then has to go on the run and is later inspired by Black Pride protests/speakers. He then blames Dickie for making him kill UB#2. UB#1 later cucks Dickie with his goomah. Dickie finds out and they both have a shootout towards the end of the movie. Both run away when police arrive. When Dickie gets killed you don't see the killer so the filmmakers want you to think its UB#1. In the next scene, Junior makes a phone call on a payphone asking if the "job is done".

Admittingly I skipped over a 1/3 of this movie since it was so boring and I don't give a shit about any of the black characters. So some of the details I might be wrong about.
Thanks. I was actually just watching the opening to ‘Saints’ that someone uploaded. The opening with Christopher’s monologue from beyond the grave was absolutely ridiculous.

G

I just finished it. The first half was stronger than the second. It wasn't as bad as I feared but it was unnecessary. And some really cringey shoehorned references. The "woke" stuff wasn't as on the nose as I expected and there were a couple of funny racist jokes but there was some embarrassing pandering like when a sassy black lady and black store owner are talking about odds on a numbers game like a couple of maths undergraduates. Vera Farmiga as Livia was probably the best thing in it and Nivola was decent. 4/10

P

potatopeeler63

i almost turned it off 10 minutes in when Dickie pulled up to the riots and goes "OH!"
hahaha the italian did da bit! he did da bit!

i really turned it off 5 minutes after when ray liotta and that chick are speaking italian.
who the fuck thought that was a good idea?
I speak fluent italian cause of my wop roman mom and it was an absolute joke

it sounded like Chip chippperson speaking spanish.
fuck you david chase. get cancer and die

Last edited by a moderator:

Gay Faggot.

I am Dan.
I just finished it. The first half was stronger than the second. It wasn't as bad as I feared but it was unnecessary. And some really cringey shoehorned references. The "woke" stuff wasn't as on the nose as I expected and there were a couple of funny racist jokes but there was some embarrassing pandering like when a sassy black lady and black store owner are talking about odds on a numbers game like a couple of maths undergraduates. Vera Farmiga as Livia was probably the best thing in it and Nivola was decent. 4/10
Agreed. The ending is fucking awful. David chase needs to be killed just over the last 10 minutes. “They’re supposed to meet at Holstens!!!! That’s where Tony gets clipped!!!!”. Ray Liotta is fucking awful as well. How is someone so bad at acting? Half his scenes he just sits there. I’m happy they said nigger once but no moulignans or shines. How the fuck do these wops never say the N word? It’s retarded.

AwfulManTitTankTop

"AnTi-swaTTing laws"
I was on the edge of my seat for the last few minutes because I thought they were gonna go the most predictable route. When I saw the TV trays I was like fuck this movie. But when we find out Junior ordered it I was back in. I actually loved that.

BUT THEN THEY STARTED WITH THAT FUCKIN MUSIC AT THE END. God damn it that almost ruined the entire thing for me. I'd give it a 6 or a 7. I'm gonna watch it hammered later and probably a few more times this weekend.

Snake

15 minutes in.

tumblr_m7gri1Np5d1rq9nqbo1_500.gif

G

That guidance counselor was pretty into her job. Almost like a psychiatrist. They made Vera Farmiga look enough like Carmella so that anyone who wanted to find it could find the reference to Tony's possible oedipus complex. But they had to get greedy and bash us over the head with it.
Yeah, they gave her Edie Falco's nose and she was copying her wide-eyed, sour-mouthed look the other way face quite a lot.

I also laughed when Junior fell. I slipped on ice last winter and landed right on my upper back. Shit was so painful I almost cried. Couldn't walk properly for like 3 days. Guarantee that if I saw the same thing happen to someone else, I'd laugh. There's something inherently hilarious about seeing someone slip over. Schadenfreude right?

There were a few hints that Junior was some kind of closeted fag. It wasn't just the laughing at him when he fell. Dickie questioned his maleness when Paulie made the crack about his gumar fucking someone else and Jun laughed along. The "Any excuse not to fuck" line from his gumar later. Also getting unfavourably compared earning-wise to Dickie by Johnny when he got out. Junior had him whacked for more than being laughed at.

Uncle Floyd

Nice try, Floyd.
There were a few hints that Junior was some kind of closeted fag. It wasn't just the laughing at him when he fell. Dickie questioned his maleness when Paulie made the crack about his gumar fucking someone else and Jun laughed along. The "Any excuse not to fuck" line from his gumar later. Also getting unfavourably compared earning-wise to Dickie by Johnny when he got out. Junior had him whacked for more than being laughed at.
True. The fall was just the straw that broke the guinea's back.

AwfulManTitTankTop

"AnTi-swaTTing laws"
Yeah, they gave her Edie Falco's nose and she was copying her wide-eyed, sour-mouthed look the other way face quite a lot.

I also laughed when Junior fell. I slipped on ice last winter and landed right on my upper back. Shit was so painful I almost cried. Couldn't walk properly for like 3 days. Guarantee that if I saw the same thing happen to someone else, I'd laugh. There's something inherently hilarious about seeing someone slip over. Schadenfreude right?

The scene after Dickie murders his father and is trying to cover it up with the garage door and Tony walks out really reminded me of the original show. There's some really funny shit in the movie. When the black guy walks into the club and Joey Diaz goes "WHITE FLIGHT!" I laughed like a Cumia.

G

The scene after Dickie murders his father and is trying to cover it up with the garage door and Tony walks out really reminded me of the original show. There's some really funny shit in the movie. When the black guy walks into the club and Joey Diaz goes "WHITE FLIGHT!" I laughed like a Cumia.
Diaz saying he'd eat the Italian broads shit then getting slapped around by Dickie before randomly getting his head blown off was also very original show-like. If it was just a separate standalone movie, it's better than the vast majority of shit that's put out nowadays. But because it's part of the Sopranos it has a huge amount of pressure to deliver that it never would have as that show was lightning in a bottle.