I wanna see the debtor's movie!

TheRevAlJolson

Blackface Killah
It's actually confirmed that Niki and Richard set up a payment plan to pay quasi, no?
No. The amortization is proposed by by them as a way to freeze the accruing interest while they make payments to all of their creditors, including Quasi. Jerry Jenn can contest it on several basis (excess liquidable assets, public declarations that the amortization is in bad faith, etc) and can make a counter proposal including seizure of immediate assets, etc. Just like any other hearing, the court decides the outcome based on each party's argument.

So I have come to understand, anyway. See, I'm not a broke ass nigger and have never had to beg the government to help save me from my own irresponsible spending.

No. The amortization is proposed by by them as a way to freeze the accruing interest while they make payments to all of their creditors, including Quasi. Jerry Jenn can contest it on several basis (excess liquidable assets, public declarations that the amortization is in bad faith, etc) and can make a counter proposal including seizure of immediate assets, etc. Just like any other hearing, the court decides the outcome based on each party's argument.

So I have come to understand, anyway. See, I'm not a broke ass nigger and have never had to beg the government to help save me from my own irresponsible spending.
Fat has a 1 scooter he isn't using and another he doesn't need. Would be a real shame if he was forced to sell both.

SFWA liaison

Heidi Hildeman customer
IIRC from my research:
  • Nikki and Pat have a meeting with the trustee that should by any day now if it didn't already happen
  • then the trustee proposes a payment plan, sends it to the creditor(s), they write back with their objections, and he might adjust based on that?
  • the trustee submits the plan + creditor objections to the judge in a report
what I'm not sure about is the hearing, if you google Chapter 128 one of the "selling points" for debtors is that going before a judge is not necessary.

Uncle J’s Sink Emporium

Enjoy prison, Y’munkoke
IIRC from my research:
  • Nikki and Pat have a meeting with the trustee that should by any day now if it didn't already happen
  • then the trustee proposes a payment plan, sends it to the creditor(s), they write back with their objections, and he might adjust based on that?
  • the trustee submits the plan + creditor objections to the judge in a report
what I'm not sure about is the hearing, if you google Chapter 128 one of the "selling points" for debtors is that going before a judge is not necessary.
I think there’s only a real hearing if there are objections to discuss. Any kind of court thing scheduled at 4:00 is weird though. Clearly that is not expected to take long.

TheRevAlJolson

Blackface Killah
The funniest thing about all of this is that the proposed amortization plan for $1500+ a month is already a nice ass fucking, but now Jerry gets to petition to use a bigger dick with less lube. Even if it's denied, pat still gets his shit pushed in for 5 years while the funsters on twitter remind him and everyone he interacts with about it. Either way, pat has painted himself into an unenviable corner.

Prison Enjoyer

The funniest thing about all of this is that the proposed amortization plan for $1500+ a month is already a nice ass fucking, but now Jerry gets to petition to use a bigger dick with less lube. Even if it's denied, pat still gets his shit pushed in for 5 years while the funsters on twitter remind him and everyone he interacts with about it. Either way, pat has painted himself into an unenviable corner.

Lynne funds their entire lives; all undeclared to the IRS. She will just pay the monthly payments for them, as she pays for everything else including vacations. This shit-ass plan is to ensure Lynne is covered for, and, more importantly, that Rick's finances are never looked into and he's never put on the stand in court. It's an attempt to protect them from exposure while doing the bare minimum to satisfy the creditors (incl. Quasi); Lynne picks up the tab while Rick faces zero consequences. I wholly expect Jen to call for the whole thing to get thrown out by the judge and would be surprised by anything else. Will have to just wait and see I guess.

Hey Rick, I feel bad for you so I'm gonna help you: the debt is against the 'person' Patrick Tomlinson (ie your birth certificate), not you (the free man on the land), you already know the court system is a farce so just declare yourself a Sovereign Citizen / Free Man on the Land & take your paper birth certificate to court & represent it yourself as a 'lay advisor'

NoBacon

The gunslinger.
Hey Rick, I feel bad for you so I'm gonna help you: the debt is against the 'person' Patrick Tomlinson (ie your birth certificate), not you (the free man on the land), you already know the court system is a farce so just declare yourself a Sovereign Citizen / Free Man on the Land & take your paper birth certificate to court & represent it yourself as a 'lay advisor'

The ONE trick they DON’T want you to know!